IGNORED

What is your personal goal for golf?

jcollins120
Note: This thread is 3620 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

To get out on the course and play more, and not worry so much about personal goals.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Sub-8 handicap by year's end.

Break 75 on a 6700+ yard course

Play at least 25 rounds this year (including Torrey Pines in June!!!)

Being a new guy in town, finding some good dudes who share my golf passion and having someone who wants to play any time like me.

Get a full bag of new sticks.

Originally Posted by threejack

Short term:

ELIMINATE my slice completely

Long Term:

Break 80, who knows, this may be more short term than I think

This could have been written by me, I'm desperate to break 80, am prone to slicing the ball and we're off the same handicap.

After I'd hit a few of my iron shots today, I had a look at the divots I'd taken and they were all aiming way to the left, yet my ball-flight always swings right. Got a major problem with an out to in down swing methinks.

Mine is to play to a single digit handicap and keep it. I started playing seriously and trying to actually learn the game a year ago. I was able to get it down to a 15.x this summer but then an injury at work changed my grip/swing and threw it all out of whack and I went back up to a 23. Well now I'm working with a new coach and my power is coming back, putting is ok, just need some consistency and I hope to achieve that this year. Stupid mistakes are costing me stroke, cut them down, gain consistency and watch it drop, my only goal.

910 D2 10.5  910F 3w  910H 19*

712 AP1 4-GW  Vokey SM4 54* and 58*

Select Golo  E5

• 2 weeks later...

At almost 67 years old...

I want to shoot one more round in the 60s before I die from tees above 6200 yards.

I have been a single digit handicap before, close to it now again.  Have had some really good rounds but as the years are slipping by now, not sure I will ever be below 70 again.  Just hope it happens one more time.

Bag: Titleist
Driver: TM RBZ 9.5
Fairway metals: TM RBZ 3 wood
Hybrids: TM RBZ 3, 4 and 5
Irons: TM Burner 1.0 6 thru LW stiff steel shafts
Putter: Ping B60
Ball: TM Tour Preferred X or ProV1x
Check out littlejohngolfleague.com  A Greater Houston TX traveling golf league.

My goal is to play a full round with zero contact errors, without sacrificing any basic fundamentals.  It seems that my scores are related to the number of bad contacts. What confirmed the validity of this strategy was an article in one of the golf magazines that on average, each bad contact costs a high handicap player 1.4 strokes.  Seems to be about right for me.

Originally Posted by phan52

My goal this season is to focus on the next shot, and nothing else.

This is the best goal I have seen yet.

Even par through 9 is my best.  I don't even want to think about what was my worst.

Bang more cart girls?

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Originally Posted by chipandcharge

My goal is to play a full round with zero contact errors, without sacrificing any basic fundamentals.  It seems that my scores are related to the number of bad contacts. What confirmed the validity of this strategy was an article in one of the golf magazines that on average, each bad contact costs a high handicap player 1.4 strokes.  Seems to be about right for me.

Ben Hogan said that he knew that he would make at least 6 bad contacts during any given round. Ben Hogan. Just sayin'.....

Bill M

Quote:
Originally Posted by PooN View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by phan52 View Post

My goal this season is to focus on the next shot, and nothing else.

This is the best goal I have seen yet.

Hey, I already covered that one:

Quote:

My golf goal has been and always will be: Commit, concentrate, and hit each and every shot as well a possible. Score will follow. Is that too simplistic?

Quote:
Originally Posted by phan52 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipandcharge View Post

Ben Hogan said that he knew that he would make at least 6 bad contacts during any given round. Ben Hogan. Just sayin'.....

Yeah, but Ben Hogan's 'bad' = hacker's 'good'

dak4n6

Originally Posted by dak4n6

Hey, I already covered that one:

Yeah, but Ben Hogan's 'bad' = hacker's 'good'

Very well stated, dak4n6.  I would not have been quick enough to come up with that insight, even though it is reflective of my realities.  Furthermore, to Phan52, I use "goal" in the sense that it is what I want to do (zero contact errors), even if it would be virtually impossible.  Anything less than "goal" would be too weak a motivating factor for me.  Simply saying "I hope to" or "I would like to" make zero contact errors has not been enough impetus.

Note: This thread is 3620 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!