• Announcements

    • iacas

      Create a Signature!   02/05/2016

      Everyone, go here and edit your signature this week: http://thesandtrap.com/settings/signature/.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BenGolf19

Why do the steelers sucks so bad??

54 posts in this topic

Why?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards and Achievements

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

Ummm....ok.  I hate the Steelers but they most definetly dont suck.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

because they have overrated players like troy p. who can't cover, can't make open field tackles, have horrific technique, constantly blow coverage, take way too many risks, try and arm tackle, play dirty, get run over at the goal line, but get credit and over-hype for making an occasional tackle for loss by recklessly shooting a gap, and diving head first while not being blocked.  oh yeah, he has cool hair too.

the single most overrated pro athlete in existence; past or present.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

they have not had a losing record in the last 7 years and in that same span have been to 3 super bowls and won 2 of them.

i wish my team sucked that bad.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Originally Posted by Infamous 273

the single most overrated pro athlete in existence; past or present.

Over-rated? Yeah. The most over-rated pro athlete in existence? Uhm... good luck with that one.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards and Achievements

Originally Posted by iacas

Over-rated? Yeah. The most over-rated pro athlete in existence? Uhm... good luck with that one.

i'm hard pressed to think of another athlete more undeservingly revered.  who do you have in mind?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Originally Posted by Infamous 273

i'm hard pressed to think of another athlete more undeservingly revered.  who do you have in mind?

just at the safety position Roy Williams of the Cowboys/Bengals and Antrel Rolle of the Giants come immediately to mind. especially williams who made the pro bowl about 5 times too many.

and by the by, polomalu was rated as the top difference maker of the the steelers last year, so he obviously is contributing. i mean any guy has flaws, even guys like revis will take it on the chin from time to time, but great teams make guys around them look better and no doubt polomalu has benefited from the defense pitt consistently has.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Originally Posted by Infamous 273

because they have overrated players like troy p. who can't cover, can't make open field tackles, have horrific technique, constantly blow coverage, take way too many risks, try and arm tackle, play dirty, get run over at the goal line, but get credit and over-hype for making an occasional tackle for loss by recklessly shooting a gap, and diving head first while not being blocked.  oh yeah, he has cool hair too.

the single most overrated pro athlete in existence; past or present.

Maybe you just started watching football during the year that he got injured (was it 3 years ago or something), but Troy is not at all overrated.

The simple fact that he can play the box and deep well, his ball-hawking skills, make him a huge threat for offences.

After Ed Reed (the undisputed top safety in the league), who would you rate as the best safety?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Originally Posted by Kapanda

After Ed Reed (the undisputed top safety in the league), who would you rate as the best safety?

TJ Ward.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If I remember correctly. The Broncos beat the Steelers in overtime playoff game. Ya baby.

Oh and we got Payton Manning now!

First game of the year, Steelers at Broncos. There's gonna be a lot sad Steelers fans there.

Ya Steelers suck....

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Originally Posted by Kapanda

Maybe you just started watching football during the year that he got injured (was it 3 years ago or something), but Troy is not at all overrated.

The simple fact that he can play the box and deep well, his ball-hawking skills, make him a huge threat for offences.

After Ed Reed (the undisputed top safety in the league), who would you rate as the best safety?

Yeah, I mean I hate the Steelers and even I would never say that he is overrated.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Originally Posted by tiger187126

just at the safety position Roy Williams of the Cowboys/Bengals and Antrel Rolle of the Giants come immediately to mind. especially williams who made the pro bowl about 5 times too many.

and by the by, polomalu was rated as the top difference maker of the the steelers last year, so he obviously is contributing. i mean any guy has flaws, even guys like revis will take it on the chin from time to time, but great teams make guys around them look better and no doubt polomalu has benefited from the defense pitt consistently has.

roy williams, good call.  dude was so obese, he couldn't even fit in his uniform in dallas.

polamalu benefits greatly from the insane complexity dick lebeau's schemes present to offenses week in and week out.  a lot of the times, he is completely unaccounted for.  when he is accounted for, i've yet to see him shed a block.  he gives up on plays (see demaryius thomas via tim teebow), over pursues others, takes bad pursuit angles at best, and has no clue how to wrap up and form tackle.  he gets absolutely torched by elite qb's, and it a total liability in pass coverage.  don't get me wrong, the guy is good, he's just not great.  there's no doubt that the times he gambles, and makes a play, he makes his team better.  however, imho, any top 32 SS could be plugged into that system, and that D wouldn't skip a beat.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Originally Posted by Kapanda

Maybe you just started watching football during the year that he got injured (was it 3 years ago or something), but Troy is not at all overrated.

The simple fact that he can play the box and deep well, his ball-hawking skills, make him a huge threat for offences.

After Ed Reed (the undisputed top safety in the league), who would you rate as the best safety?

i'm a ND fan, and have been well aware of polamalu for years.  imho, he is overrated, and i've been clear in the above posts as to why i think so.

ed reed is a FS, polamalu plays SS.  at SS i'd take donte whitner first overall if i was a GM building a defense.  that guy just flat out bangs.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

polamalu benefits greatly from the insane complexity dick lebeau's schemes present to offenses week in and week out.  a lot of the times, he is completely unaccounted for.  when he is accounted for, i've yet to see him shed a block.  he gives up on plays (see demaryius thomas via tim teebow), over pursues others, takes bad pursuit angles at best, and has no clue how to wrap up and form tackle.  he gets absolutely torched by elite qb's, and it a total liability in pass coverage.  don't get me wrong, the guy is good, he's just not great.  there's no doubt that the times he gambles, and makes a play, he makes his team better.  however, imho, any top 32 SS could be plugged into that system, and that D wouldn't skip a beat.

Sometimes he takes a bad angle. He never really tackles well. The rest I can't say I agree with. And if you think Lebeau's schemes are "complex" then I think you've not watched the Steelers much for the past five years. :-)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards and Achievements

Originally Posted by iacas

And if you think Lebeau's schemes are "complex" then I think you've not watched the Steelers much for the past five years.

you can't count the divine intervention against denver.

fyi: when chuck norris goes to bed at night, he prays to tim teebow.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Originally Posted by Infamous 273

you can't count the divine intervention against denver.

fyi: when chuck norris goes to bed at night, he prays to tim teebow.

I just fell out of my chair! LOL

You gotta admit, that was something special teebow did that day.

btw, that play was officially called "The Mile-High-Goodbye" by ESPN.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, I mean I hate the Steelers and even I would never say that he is overrated.

Agreed. He's a bit of a gambler, but he's the best gambler.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards and Achievements

Originally Posted by Infamous 273

i'm a ND fan, and have been well aware of polamalu for years.  imho, he is overrated, and i've been clear in the above posts as to why i think so.

ed reed is a FS, polamalu plays SS.  at SS i'd take donte whitner first overall if i was a GM building a defense.  that guy just flat out bangs.

I was sort of hearing your argument until this statement and I do think Whitner is good but there are better SS. Polamalu is a solid player no matter how you look at it but like Jamo said he's a gambler sometimes he misses big and when he's right it's generally a huge play in the game. Either way the steelers are a better team when he is on the field and there is no denying it.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0