Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
honolulugolfer

Compression shirts

10 posts in this topic

Who here plays with compression shirts?

I've noticed most people playing with these take them much too large. It used to be UA's specialty but it seems like every company is making one now....

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

If it's hot I'll wear UA HeatGear compression shirt under my golf shirt to keep the sweat off my body, works well.  Compression shirts are sized to fit same as regular shirts, I wear a Large golf shirt, and buy large compression shirts which fits snugly as it's supposed to.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I haven't found a reason to wear a compression shirt anymore because most golf shirts are now moisture wicking. Compression shirts are great if you still wear cotton shirts but newer golf shirts no longer require a compression shirt underneath. If you sweat a ton than it might not be a bad idea and one thing I will never stop wearing is compression shorts!

Originally Posted by clubchamp

I haven't found a reason to wear a compression shirt anymore because most golf shirts are now moisture wicking. Compression shirts are great if you still wear cotton shirts but newer golf shirts no longer require a compression shirt underneath. If you sweat a ton than it might not be a bad idea and one thing I will never stop wearing is compression shorts!

That's only one reason for wearing a compression shirt. and not the best one , IMO.

Wearing a compression shirt can reduce muscle and body fatigue and can keep the body a little warmer than the atmosphere's temperature to prevent injury to the joints and muscles.

I’ve seen some golfers using compression arm sleeves. Do they work? Should I give them a try?

That's only one reason for wearing a compression shirt. and not the best one , IMO.

Wearing a compression shirt can reduce muscle and body fatigue and can keep the body a little warmer than the atmosphere's temperature to prevent injury to the joints and muscles.

Unless the person has a history of arm injury or fatigue, I wouldn't wear one. I don't see those muscles getting that fatigued. If anything, I would say the legs get fatigued more of the golfer is walking.

I think there are other rehab exercises and stretching a person can do after the round.

I've been wearing compression shirts since I strained my intercostal muscles late spring.  The compression shirts helped reduce the pain while healing and seemed to provide support to the area.  Unless I find some reason not to wear them, I'm probably just going to keep wearing them even though my intercostal is healed.

Interesting article about compression clothing. Basically says if it make you feel good wear it during play. The only help that studies have proven that they give is wearing them after golf or workout to reduce pain especially on the legs.

http://www.golfdigest.com/story/fitness-friday-does-compression-clothing-make-sense-for-golfers

I wear them in the autumn and winter and if its chilly on the spring. If its what we brits would call "mild" then i can get away with compression shirt and a polo. FWIW, "mild" to many of Americans (especially those in Florida)  would translate as "oh my god, i cant feel my feet!" cold :-P

I wear them in the autumn and winter and if its chilly on the spring. If its what we brits would call "mild" then i can get away with compression shirt and a polo. FWIW, "mild" to many of Americans (especially those in Florida)  would translate as "oh my god, i cant feel my feet!" cold

You are correct. This morning was our first "cool" day. The first cold front came down and dropped the morning temps to 68 F.

And the humidity went down with it to 75% instead of 90 or 100%. So it felt cool to us.

Back on topic. Do you know that Under Armour makes Coldgear and Heatgear in both compression and regular. So you

do not have to buy the compression line if you just want weather comfort.