IGNORED

Playing a round. Shorts or Pants?

Goonsidious
Note: This thread is 4216 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1 member has voted

1. 1. Shorts or Pants

• 100% Shorts
    • 100% Pants
    • Depends on weather

You must be white trash, like I initially thought.

I'm struggling to understand how your recent posts contribute to the OP, or to the forum in general...... ......so far without a lot of success.

• Upvote 1

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Look up Fossil Trace Golf Club.   You really are a stuck up dandy, aren't you?  Thank God I only play with real people.  White trash.... really?  You need to get out more.  This is where I live... how about you? [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/60374/] [/URL]

Manly course. I hear that little water hazard in the pic is staked yellow......

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

I'm completely confused having gone through this thread.

Who the hell cares what you're wearing as long as it is within the course's code? If they allow jeans and you have jeans on, I'm not laughing at you. If it's 95° and you want to wear your black Nike Dri-Fit pants or slacks, have it. Shorts? Go for it.

The only thing I care about is what I look like when I leave the house.Your appearance or apparel is not going to have any impact on me whatsoever - within reason. If a dude is wearing Jorts where the pockets hang lower than the frills and he's golfing in knee high's and pumps, I would probably have to die laughing...

Did some joyriding yesterday and ended up in a small town on the plains about 135 miles from Denver. Had time to kill so I looked up the local course. Dirt parking lot, actually saw some trailers with horses tethered outside. Dress code there was anything goes. Saw guys playing in western shirts, boots and jeans. Fun was had by all.

Dave :-)

Originally Posted by Dave2512

Did some joyriding yesterday and ended up in a small town on the plains about 135 miles from Denver. Had time to kill so I looked up the local course. Dirt parking lot, actually saw some trailers with horses tethered outside. Dress code there was anything goes. Saw guys playing in western shirts, boots and jeans. Fun was had by all.

Where was that Dave?  I've played Riverside in Sterling, F&H; on Hwy 6 between Fleming and Haxton, and Holyoke.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

i played this summer with a guy wearing green denim jeans and a pink cutoff sleeved t-shirt and an american flag themed cowboy hat.  guess what?  i had fun.

Colin P.

I'm totally amazed that ANYONE would want to comment about whether long pants are good and if they are superior to shorts. FFS people, buy a TV and watch re-runs of "Gilligans Island".....or wash the fricken car.......cut your fingernails.....ANYTHING is more entertaining than "shorts or long pants".

5 pages......

Taking the above advice may lead to destruction of your golf game. Laughing at it may reduce stress.

I too am amazed at the length and the intensity of this thread. Every day I open up TST and see this thread at the top, and think to myself .  Just think of all the electrons that were killed for such a silly topic. This is even sillier than 'tipping the cart girl'.

dak4n6

Originally Posted by Typhoon92

If I have to wear long pants, then its too cold for me to play golf!

I was thinking the same thing, except the other way around.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Originally Posted by sean_miller

Not saying I'd show up in jeans, but some do and they're A.) not turned away and B.) find players. A cut off shirt though? Can't say I've ever seen that allowed on any course anywhere any time.

http://www.wolfcreekgolf.com/

Ive played a few cheap public courses in Wisconsin where jeans and cutoff shirts were not at all uncommon.  I can even remember some hot days in the summer where men would go shirtless and no one seemed to care.

Im actually fine with jeans and t-shirts on the course as long as they look presentable.  Not everyone wants to dress like they are a pro golfer and people who are just starting out in golf shouldnt feel like they need to, "dress up" in order to go play golf.  Personally, I always choose to dress nice when Im on the course because I was always taught that golf is a gentleman's game and you should dress accordingly but I would never look down my nose at someone who chose to wear jeans and a t-shirt.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

Originally Posted by GaijinGolfer

Quote:

Originally Posted by sean_miller

Not saying I'd show up in jeans, but some do and they're A.) not turned away and B.) find players. A cut off shirt though? Can't say I've ever seen that allowed on any course anywhere any time.

http://www.wolfcreekgolf.com/

Ive played a few cheap public courses in Wisconsin where jeans and cutoff shirts were not at all uncommon.  I can even remember some hot days in the summer where men would go shirtless and no one seemed to care.

Im actually fine with jeans and t-shirts on the course as long as they look presentable.  Not everyone wants to dress like they are a pro golfer and people who are just starting out in golf shouldnt feel like they need to, "dress up" in order to go play golf.  Personally, I always choose to dress nice when Im on the course because I was always taught that golf is a gentleman's game and you should dress accordingly but I would never look down my nose at someone who chose to wear jeans and a t-shirt.

If you consider a $75 round cheap, then kudos on reaching a level of wealth I can only dream of right now. I've never been to a course anywhere where going shirtless was considered acceptable. Maybe it doesn't get hot enough in Canada?!? What is a "cutoff shirt"?

PS. I know you weren't suggesting Wolf Creek is a good course for beginners, but that would be hilarious. It would take 10 hours and they'd be shedding tears of blood by the 17th.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Originally Posted by Fourputt

Where was that Dave?  I've played Riverside in Sterling, F&H; on Hwy 6 between Fleming and Haxton, and Holyoke.

That would be it, funky little rural course but I liked it. Had a great time. Val in the pro shop is a very cool guy. The cowboy crowd showed up just before I got there and he let me play the back. Not much of a challenge from the tee but the greens are tiny. Was windy and cold, I was wishing I had jeans on too. Small world, turns out Val's kid is the  asst. pro at Hyland Hills. I play there quite a bit. Learned how to golf there back in the 70's. Took lessons from Marv Mazone and eventually ended up on the jr team.

Dave :-)

Originally Posted by GaijinGolfer

I once played golf with a friend who decided to go shirtless after about 3 holes.  It had rained heavily for several days before we went out and the course was saturated.  My buddy hit a ball up onto a bare hillside above the green and plugged the ball into the mud about 40 feet up the hill.  I told him he should just for get it and drop a ball, but he was a stubborn guy and insisted on climbing up and trying to hack at it.  After three swings and a slip a few feet, he finally declared the ball unplayable and threw it down to the bottom of the hill.  His first step down he hit a patch of mud that took his legs out from under him and down this muddy hill he slid.  By the time he got to the bottom, his white shirt was nearly brown from the mud, shredded in a few places by some rocks and his back was pretty badly scraped up.  I had to bite my tongue pretty hard to keep from laughing out loud at how ridiculous he looked, coated with mud from head to toe, a ruined shirt, and with a bit of blood starting to soak through where his back got scraped up pretty badly.  That was the most I've ever heard anyone swear on a golf course, maybe the most cussing I've ever heard.  With his shirt trashed, he decided to shove it in his bag and go topless.

In my bag: - Ping G20 driver, 10.5 deg. S flex - Ping G20 3W, 15 deg., S flex - Nickent 4dx 3H, 4H - Nike Slingshot 4-PW - Adams Tom Watson 52 deg. GW - Vokey 58 deg. SW -Ping Half Wack-E putter

FORE!

• Upvote 1

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

Originally Posted by walk18

High of 66 today but sunny. I'm really not sure which way to go, it's one of those in between days..

Well I went with pants, and was quite comfortable.

Note: This thread is 4216 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!