IGNORED

First Annual Pittsburgh/Erie/Cleveland Get-Together (August 3)

iacas
Note: This thread is 3647 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I am in if you will take a TST newbie who also happens to be a fat old man,

Originally Posted by iacas

Current list so far as I know:

1) iacas

2) mvmac

3) Slice of Life

4) saevel25

5) Spyder

6) jamo

7) dave s

8) vasaribm

9) bkitt

That's not a huge list, as you can see…

In My Bag:

Irons: 2-SW Golfsmith MB Forged S300's & 60 degree Callaway

Putter: 20 year old rusty Cameron no clue what model

Woods: 1 & 3 Cheap Ass Walter Hagen Stiff Grafalloy $30 per club lol

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrator
Originally Posted by cda77

I am in if you will take a TST newbie who also happens to be a fat old man,

Edit: Given your demeanor of late, we respectfully decline. But we're a forgiving lot and if you chill out a touch, we'd be happy to see you in the spring or next summer.

The list as it currently stands:

1) iacas
2) mvmac
3) Slice of Life
4) saevel25
5) Spyder
6) jamo
7) dave s
8) vasaribm
9) bkitt

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'm trying but it's not looking good.  It looks like it's a 10 hour drive for me.  Don't count me out just yet but don't bank on it yet either...haha!  How vague is that one???

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

• Administrator
Originally Posted by TN94z

I'm trying but it's not looking good.  It looks like it's a 10 hour drive for me.  Don't count me out just yet but don't bank on it yet either...haha!  How vague is that one???

Wasn't sure how far it was. Ten hours would probably be more than I'd be willing to drive, but if for some reason you're able to make it, we're happy to have you.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Originally Posted by TN94z

The good thing is, if you are willing to take that crazy drive (kudos to you, because I sure as hell wouldn't!) there are a lot of hotels on the corner of I-71 and Rt. 18 (which is near where I live). There's also several really nice places to eat and a few bars that everyone would be familiar with. I was actually going to ask if everyone was willing to drive 5 miles to Buffalo Wild Wings and have a few IPAs and wings after?

• Administrator

Fox Meadow 99% confirmed, we're just waiting until about 10 days out to know the tee times specifically. We're also trying to do what we can to make this entire day cost $0, though if in the end it's $50 or so, I hope that is okay.

Tentative schedule:

9am - 11:30am - Brief 5SK Presentation or Individual Quick Lessons or something*

9:30am - 11:30am - "Demo Day" trying out training aids and Medicus/KickX products (you've all gotta try the Driveway!)

11:30am - 1pm - Lunch at the club (could be as simple as a hot dog, or perhaps in the dining area)

1pm - 6pm - Golf

7pm - Onward - Dinner somewhere nearby

* Possible small cost for the lessons. This overlaps with the demo day stuff so students can cycle through lessons and/or hitting things. :)

Fox Meadow 99% confirmed, we're just waiting until about 10 days out to know the tee times specifically. We're also trying to do what we can to make this entire day cost $0, though if in the end it's $50 or so, I hope that is okay.

Tentative schedule:

9am - 11:30am - Brief 5SK Presentation or Individual Quick Lessons or something*

9:30am - 11:30am - "Demo Day" trying out training aids and Medicus/KickX products (you've all gotta try the Driveway!)

11:30am - 1pm - Lunch at the club (could be as simple as a hot dog, or perhaps in the dining area)

1pm - 6pm - Golf

* Possible small cost for the lessons. This overlaps with the demo day stuff so students can cycle through lessons and/or hitting things. :)

Sounds good to me. Cost is not an issue as well and the effort/planning is much appreciated.

Tentative schedule:

1pm - 6pm - Golf

I dont know how but it looks like I got bumped from the list. I'd love to participate. I live in Pittsburgh.

Originally Posted by Spyder

Sounds good to me. Cost is not an issue as well and the effort/planning is much appreciated.

I second this.

Bryan

:wishon:  919, Aldila Voodoo  :callaway: Razr X Tour 3h  :callaway: Razr Hawk 3w, Aldila NV  :callaway: Razr X Forged 4-PW, KBS Tour  :wishon:  52, 56, 60, KBS Tour
 :odyssey: White Ice 330, 33in  :aimpoint:    :true_linkswear:

• Administrator
Originally Posted by bkitt

I dont know how but it looks like I got bumped from the list. I'd love to participate. I live in Pittsburgh.

Sorry. I'm not sure when you fell off (Edit: I looked, it was my mistake - apologies. I think my eyes glanced over the italic post you made. I amended it on this page to add your name so we see it in more places. Thank you for pointing it out.). We've got it at 9 now (and there are plenty of subs who live locally if we don't have an even 12 or even 16).

1. iacas
  2. mvmac
  3. jamo
  4. saevel25
  5. Slice of Life
  6. Spyder
  7. dave s
  8. vasaribm
  9. bkitt

Agreed. $50 would be more than reasonable.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Erik, assuming we do get 12-16 players, what are you thinking in terms of format of play (twosomes or foursomes)? Playing 18? Scramble (I assume not..)? I'm just curious.

Bragging rights for the winning team?

Sounds awesome, looking forward to it

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

• Administrator
Originally Posted by Spyder

Erik, assuming we do get 12-16 players, what are you thinking in terms of format of play (twosomes or foursomes)? Playing 18? Scramble (I assume not..)? I'm just curious.

No twosomes. And probably the same format as the one I introduced in SoCal - best three of four, modified Stableford, 80% handicaps.

No twosomes. And probably the same format as the one I introduced in SoCal - best three of four, modified Stableford, 80% handicaps.

Sounds good, thanks.

I almost know what that means. What about us with no official cap?

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

• Administrator
Originally Posted by Slice of Life

I almost know what that means. What about us with no official cap?

Obviously, you play off scratch. That should be okay, right? You're driving par fours, after all… ;)

Estimate it as accurately as possible. Endure calls of "sandbagger!" should your team win and you help them quite a bit. :D

Obviously, you play off scratch. That should be okay, right? You're driving par fours, after all… ;)

Estimate it as accurately as possible. Endure calls of "sandbagger!" should your team win and you help them quite a bit. :D

Ha. My listed one is probably pretty close. I just took a bunch of scorecards and tossed them in an online calculator with the course rating and slope.

I actually had an even better drive last night. Carried it about 285 over a creek straight as an arrow...easily the most professional looking drive I've ever smashed.

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

Note: This thread is 3647 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!