IGNORED

Taking the Game a Mite Too Seriously...

Ole_Tom_Morris
Note: This thread is 3973 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Started to post this in the "How Far Is Too Far" thread, but decided that thread was about distance and not degree.

In the news -- A 65 year old golfer expressed disagreement with his partner's score. The partner, a 59 year old, struck the other on the arm with a Callaway 5 iron, breaking the shaft. Perhaps further enraged by his equipment failure, he proceeded to stab his partner with the broken shaft.

Guess the story was not written by an equipment junkie, because it was not specified what the shaft was -- almost certainly graphite  but what model? -- or what model of Callaway iron the 59 year old was playing with.   Nor are we given details on what the alleged rules violation was.   Surely that was more interesting than that the judge ordered $100,000 bail.

But notice one requirement of releasing the defendant on bond:  "No contact with any golf courses."

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20130607/METRO02/306070342/Golfers-disputing-strokes-leads-stabbing-club-Oakland-Twp-?odyssey=tab%7Ctopnews%7Ctext%7CFRONTPAGE

Carry Bag, experimental mix-- 9* Integra 320, TT X100 Gold shaft
MacGregor Tourney 2-iron circa 1979

High grass club: #5 Ginty
Irons: 3,4,8,9 Cleveland 588P RTG Proforce 95 Gold shafts
Hogan fifty-three Hogan 5612

Ping Kushin

Totally sad.  It is just a game.  I feel the same when I hear or see fans fight at a sporting event.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Definitely a rookie when it comes to rage on the golf course.  Everyone who has had a lot of rage on the golf course knows that you aim for the legs so the guy can't run away when you are ready to stab him.  Also using a 5 Iron,...should have chosen a less important club like a 9 Iron.

Totally sad.  It is just a game.  I feel the same when I hear or see fans fight at a sporting event.

Hockey parents are the worst. Soccer moms can be bad too but at least it's "hot" when women fight. ;-)

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

I have been fortunate never to see even loud arguing on the course other than guys yelling about hitting into them.  I play as a single a lot, and I also have never played with anyone that even remotely exhibited this kind of personality.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Definitely a rookie when it comes to rage on the golf course.  Everyone who has had a lot of rage on the golf course knows that you aim for the legs so the guy can't run away when you are ready to stab him.  Also using a 5 Iron,...should have chosen a less important club like a 9 Iron.

That's friggin hilarious. On a serious note, what the hell is wrong with people? Totally unacceptable......... Unless of course, there was a cold beer riding on low score.

my get up and go musta got up and went..

Originally Posted by Ole_Tom_Morris

But notice one requirement of releasing the defendant on bond:  "No contact with any golf courses."

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20130607/METRO02/306070342/Golfers-disputing-strokes-leads-stabbing-club-Oakland-Twp-?odyssey=tab%7Ctopnews%7Ctext%7CFRONTPAGE

No contact with any golf courses? Any real golfer would just choose death over that or need to be put on suicide watch. Of course he may not be a real golfer, he left part of his club on the course.

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

Originally Posted by jetsknicks1

That's friggin hilarious. On a serious note, what the hell is wrong with people? Totally unacceptable......... Unless of course, there was a cold beer riding on low score.

I would hope that their was some serious action on the outcome of that match.  If it was a casual round or just for a couple of dollars then that would make it more insane, if that is possible.  Their are a few guys at my club that no longer play in our group because one time their was a disagreement over 1 dollar.  Are you freaking kidding me? You are a member of a country club and are getting pissed and storming out of the clubhouse, willing to fight other friends/people in your group over a freaking dollar.

Originally Posted by SCfanatic35

I would hope that their was some serious action on the outcome of that match.

I don't care how much "action" was riding on the outcome.    We are talking about assault with a deadly weapon.   No game is worth hurting someone over.

Razr Fit Xtreme 9.5* Matrix Black Tie shaft, Diablo Octane 3 wood 15*, Razr X Hybrid 21*, Razr X 4-SW, Forged Dark Chrome 60* lob wedge, Hex Chrome & Hex Black ball

Hockey parents are the worst. Soccer moms can be bad too but at least it's "hot" when women fight. ;-)

Not just hockey parents. Did you see the coach that tripped an opposing player in the handshake line? Amazingly sad.

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

Note: This thread is 3973 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!