• Announcements

    • iacas

      Create a Signature!   02/05/2016

      Everyone, go here and edit your signature this week: http://thesandtrap.com/settings/signature/.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tristanhilton85

TST SoCal Golfers - Fall 2013 Outing - 10/13 @ Oak Quarry (Riverside, CA)

379 posts in this topic

I figure I might as well start this thread now and we can start throwing out ideas for our next outing. We've gone from 10 players the first time we did this in December to nearly 20 this weekend. It would be great to see that number grow again.

I was thinking either September or October for this one. As far as area goes, the Temecula area could be good... they have some nice courses around there and they are usually reasonably priced all year long. The IE was another suggestions and by that time it should be cool enough for all of the coastal guys not to melt (doesn't matter to me, I'm playing today with it being 105°).

Anyways, start throwing out ideas and courses and we'll see where we end up this time around.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards and Achievements

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

tristan,  Temecula sounds great I would think Oct would be good, playing in a 105 does not!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd love to see the number of players continue to grow.  Please get your friends and family interested to play in these if you want.

Secondly, regarding the date(s)... As long as it is not the first Saturday of the month... I should be good to go.

Here are some suggestions in terms of courses to target for playing the next outing....

- Industry Hills

- Oak Quarry

- Goose Creek

- Tijeras Creek

In general, Temecula works for me if everyone wants to go down that path... I've been meaning to play Journey at Pechanga.  Which is supposed to be really nice - but is quite expensive from what I've heard (I've never played it)?

I've played at Temecula Creek Inn (27 holes) several times because our men's league has held tournaments there.  Regarding Temecula Creek, I believe the courses I have listed above, are all of better value and better layout/play.  But that's just my .02.

Look forward to playing again with you guys.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards and Achievements

I vote for Oak Quarry or Black Gold in Yorba Linda.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards and Achievements

If we want to do the Temecula area, The Links at Summerly in Lake Elsinore is a course I played a while ago that I thought was a lot of fun. It's unique in the sense that it is set up like a British style links course with burns running through out the course. The pricing there is pretty reasonable as well, I wouldn't think it'd be more than around $50 or so...

Here is a link to their site:

http://www.linksatsummerly.com

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards and Achievements

Originally Posted by tristanhilton85

If we want to do the Temecula area, The Links at Summerly in Lake Elsinore is a course I played a while ago that I thought was a lot of fun. It's unique in the sense that it is set up like a British style links course with burns running through out the course. The pricing there is pretty reasonable as well, I wouldn't think it'd be more than around $50 or so...

Here is a link to their site:

http://www.linksatsummerly.com

I've never played Summerly.  Looks interesting.  Just throwing this out there... What about Aviara in Carlsbad, followed by a visit to the Ely Performance Center?

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards and Achievements

Originally Posted by Beachcomber

I've never played Summerly.  Looks interesting.  Just throwing this out there... What about Aviara in Carlsbad, followed by a visit to the Ely Performance Center?

Haha!  That would be awesome!

I've never played in the Temecula area, but that would be perfect.  I can see it already.  Kids go to grandparents for the weekend, wife and I drive out to Temecula Saturday morning for wine tasting then dinner, and she drops me off at the course on the way home.  Beach or golfswine ... can I have a ride home?  Otherwise, the wife is staying and playing with us.

Just looking at the area on Google maps, I came across Cross Creek ... it looks nice too.  There is also Redhawk, that one looks nice too.  I've also heard good things about the Golf Club at Rancho California in Fallbrook.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards and Achievements

I may come out and bring the wife and kid. So once the dates are set let's please not change them. :)

Originally Posted by Beachcomber

I've never played Summerly.  Looks interesting.  Just throwing this out there... What about Aviara in Carlsbad, followed by a visit to the Ely Performance Center?

You've been there plenty. :) The last time Mike and I were there they stressed the word "Performance" and hinted not too subtly that you weren't living up to the name and were thus giving the place a bad reputation. Banana!*

* That's how the cool kids type "Bahahahahahah."

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards and Achievements

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

Haha!  That would be awesome!

I've never played in the Temecula area, but that would be perfect.  I can see it already.  Kids go to grandparents for the weekend, wife and I drive out to Temecula Saturday morning for wine tasting then dinner, and she drops me off at the course on the way home.  Beach or golfswine ... can I have a ride home?  Otherwise, the wife is staying and playing with us.

Just looking at the area on Google maps, I came across Cross Creek ... it looks nice too.  There is also Redhawk, that one looks nice too.  I've also heard good things about the Golf Club at Rancho California in Fallbrook.

GD great idea, I could get my father in law to bring my son out so I could hop a ride with them home, this sounds better all the time.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Originally Posted by iacas

I may come out and bring the wife and kid. So once the dates are set let's please not change them. :)

You've been there plenty. :) The last time Mike and I were there they stressed the word "Performance" and hinted not too subtly that you weren't living up to the name and were thus giving the place a bad reputation. Banana!*

* That's how the cool kids type "Bahahahahahah."

hahaha you gotta love auto correct!  Erik, I agree - once we select a date... Lets stick with it.

PS. You missed out on a great outing yesterday... I think everyone really enjoyed it?  I didn't hear any complaints or beefs?  I think the only issue throughout the day was one of the foursomes carts broke down on the back 9!?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards and Achievements

Any of these options sounds good to me.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards and Achievements

Originally Posted by Beachcomber

hahaha you gotta love auto correct!  Erik, I agree - once we select a date... Lets stick with it.

PS. You missed out on a great outing yesterday... I think everyone really enjoyed it?  I didn't hear any complaints or beefs?  I think the only issue throughout the day was one of the foursomes carts broke down on the back 9!?

I'd be happy to play in them, but some people wimp out with lame excuses and don't help to cover my flight expenses by attending incredibly inexpensive instruction sessions… y'see?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards and Achievements

Originally Posted by iacas

I'd be happy to play in them, but some people wimp out with lame excuses and don't help to cover my flight expenses by attending incredibly inexpensive instruction sessions… y'see?

Zing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Beachcomber, down for the count.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards and Achievements

Originally Posted by bmartin461

I vote for Oak Quarry or Black Gold in Yorba Linda.


Oak quarry looks pretty nice.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards and Achievements

Fellas,

I'm glad you guys had a great time.  I'm sorry I had to withdraw, the pics looked like you guys were having a blast.  I'm defintely interested in the next outing, and will do what I can to arrange my schedule accordingly. I promise not to order clubs the week of the next event.  D'oh!

Tristan, special thanks for following up to make sure everybody was taken care of.  I hope to meet you guys next time.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Like Carx I apologize for not making it, and WILL be attending in the fall...I would just like to remind everyone that it tends to stay warm well into the fall, and the desert is dicey....I'd obviously prefer to stay close to the coast, all other things being equal, but am open whatever course is decided. I've actually been wanting to play Black Gold and Oak Quarry =)

Obviously have to ask if anyone has any pull with Irvine Company or anyone at Pelican hill??? (A guy can always hope)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Originally Posted by jefkve

Like Carx I apologize for not making it, and WILL be attending in the fall...I would just like to remind everyone that it tends to stay warm well into the fall, and the desert is dicey....I'd obviously prefer to stay close to the coast, all other things being equal, but am open whatever course is decided. I've actually been wanting to play Black Gold and Oak Quarry =)

Obviously have to ask if anyone has any pull with Irvine Company or anyone at Pelican hill??? (A guy can always hope)

I know somebody who may have a connection at Monarch Beach. ;)  Bueller?  Bueller?  Anyone?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards and Achievements

Originally Posted by iacas

I'd be happy to play in them, but some people wimp out with lame excuses and don't help to cover my flight expenses by attending incredibly inexpensive instruction sessions… y'see?

Sorry I didn't make the last 5SK instructional school.  I was really bummed, but had to fly 6,776 miles for a meeting.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards and Achievements

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0