IGNORED

Photos - Homemade sandtrap in backyard

nevets88
Note: This thread is 3616 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Perhaps it's the perspective - is there enough room to take a swing?

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Looks like enough room to me.

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

Depends on how big you swing, where the ball is, and where you're aiming. That said, I'd assume you to be fun if hitting from near that front edge bordering the grass

How big of an area are you hitting to?  If you could show us the view from the ST?

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

How big of an area are you hitting to?  If you could show us the view from the ST?

It's not mine, it's some guy on r/golf on reddit. I was wondering that too.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

It's not mine, it's some guy on r/golf on reddit. I was wondering that too.

Ahh.. got it.. I mean it looks to me like a person might only have a couple areas to hit from really, and it seems like it is so shallow that you need a lot of room to hit out to..

I would have made it differently I think, by digging deeper into the ground maybe?

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

Looks like something the dozens of neighborhood cats would constantly crap in. I would hate skull through my neighbor's window too. I'll stick with the one at the course.

- Shane

Ha ha, my thoughts exactly. I have the perfect spot in my yard with a natural depression, but I also live with 4 cats(reverse pre-inheritance from my daughters), so no home sandtrap for me!

Don

In the bag:

Driver: PING 410 Plus 9 degrees, Alta CB55 S  Fairway: Callaway Rogue 3W PX Even Flow Blue 6.0; Hybrid: Titleist 818H1 21* PX Even Flow Blue 6.0;  Irons: Titleist 718 AP1 5-W2(53*) Shafts- TT AMT Red S300 ; Wedges Vokey SM8 56-10D Putter: Scotty Cameron 2016 Newport 2.5  Ball: Titleist AVX or 2021 ProV1

Without a practice green and a lot of room IMO more trouble than it's worth. Hitting from flat sand is nbd. If I could practice getting up and down it would be different. I practice the sand swing on my mat and my home course has 3 practice bunkers just a few miles away.

Dave :-)

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarlSpackler

Looks like something the dozens of neighborhood cats would constantly crap in. I would hate skull through my neighbor's window too. I'll stick with the one at the course.

Ha ha, my thoughts exactly.

I have the perfect spot in my yard with a natural depression, but I also live with 4 cats(reverse pre-inheritance from my daughters), so no home sandtrap for me!

We have a crazy cat lady that lives behind us. I swear she has 50 cats running around, and they drive my dogs nuts.

- Shane

Note: This thread is 3616 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!