• Announcements

• iacas

Create a Signature!   02/05/2016

Everyone, go here and edit your signature this week: http://thesandtrap.com/settings/signature/.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Golfer20

Head and Upper Body Movement on the Downswing

6 posts in this topic

Hi, everybody, after practicing some of the advice on this forum specifically, Key #2 the weight forward at impact where it is advised that the feeling of "pressing a can into the ground" or "squashing a bug into the ground" for a proper weight shift.  I have been practicing this quite a bit and it has produced quite a few good shots for me and I can really tell I am hitting the ball first on some shots.  However I do feel sometimes that when I "squash a bug into the ground" it makes my head and my entire upper body shift to the left on the downswing (I am right handed).  When I do this and my entire body goes to the left, I feel I come in very steep to the ball and sometimes I will get a big chunk.  Any advice to keeping my upper body and head centered over the ball?

Thanks!

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

Hi, everybody, after practicing some of the advice on this forum specifically, Key #2 the weight forward at impact where it is advised that the feeling of "pressing a can into the ground" or "squashing a bug into the ground" for a proper weight shift.  I have been practicing this quite a bit and it has produced quite a few good shots for me and I can really tell I am hitting the ball first on some shots.  However I do feel sometimes that when I "squash a bug into the ground" it makes my head and my entire upper body shift to the left on the downswing (I am right handed).  When I do this and my entire body goes to the left, I feel I come in very steep to the ball and sometimes I will get a big chunk.  Any advice to keeping my upper body and head centered over the ball?

Thanks!

Use your lower body to squish the ball

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Key #1 is Steady Head. On those swings where your upper body shifts towards the target on the downswing, you're not performing Key #1 properly. It may help if you feel like your head is hanging back, and the weight shift forward is performed only by your lower body. This might help: [VIDEO]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwnUBLoSKCs[/VIDEO]

Hi, everybody, after practicing some of the advice on this forum specifically, Key #2 the weight forward at impact where it is advised that the feeling of "pressing a can into the ground" or "squashing a bug into the ground" for a proper weight shift.  I have been practicing this quite a bit and it has produced quite a few good shots for me and I can really tell I am hitting the ball first on some shots.  However I do feel sometimes that when I "squash a bug into the ground" it makes my head and my entire upper body shift to the left on the downswing (I am right handed).  When I do this and my entire body goes to the left, I feel I come in very steep to the ball and sometimes I will get a big chunk.  Any advice to keeping my upper body and head centered over the ball? Thanks!

I believe there's a thread on here about secondary access tilt. Check that out. Sorry I am on a phone so not going to link it. I don't feel squishing a can or bug though I feel like my hip bumps out. Everybody is different though.

I believe there's a thread on here about secondary access tilt. Check that out. Sorry I am on a phone so not going to link it. I don't feel squishing a can or bug though I feel like my hip bumps out. Everybody is different though.

Here is the thread he's talking about: Weight Forward and Secondary Axis Tilt

Here is the thread he's talking about: Weight Forward and Secondary Axis Tilt

Yep and also