IGNORED

2014 Ryder Cup Discussion Thread

mvmac
Note: This thread is 3495 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

You might be right. Maybe it's just me... I seem to be in a bad mood for some reason....

Yeah, I just kicked my dog..... ....everyone's avoiding me right now!

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Fowler/Walker look like toast. Walker lost his mojo it seems. Didn't expect that from him. Looks like we need Furyk and Mahan to get hot.

They also ran into a tough opponent. McDowell/Dubuisson are on fire. Just like I was surprised Watson didn't play Spieth/Reed yesterday, I'm surprised McGinley didn't play G-Mac/Dubuisson more often. Both played really well in the Match Play in March.

haha yeah. I'm impressed. Like I said in the other thread, this is the one week out of the year I root hard for him and become a Reed fan. Would have liked to see him and Spieth play all four rounds.

We can't lose 3 of these 4. If we do, we're going have to do what Europe did 2 years ago and I don't see that happening. This is a crucial moment in the Ryder Cup right now.

Definitely. We need two points bad. Then tomorrow is shaping up to be awesome. However, if Europe gets three points, that will be extremely difficult. Z. Johnson just made a nice putt!

They also ran into a tough opponent. McDowell/Dubuisson are on fire. Just like I was surprised Watson didn't play Spieth/Reed yesterday, I'm surprised McGinley didn't play G-Mac/Dubuisson more often. Just look at their match play history. They both played really well in the Match Play this year and have a good match play history in other Cup appearances.

Just wanted to say (see youedit your post): Dubuisson was very good in world match play, and in EurAsia Cup also won his fourballs match (with.... Joost Luiten :-P)

~Jorrit

This Johnson/Kuchar match is HUGE. Need to win.

Just wanted to say (see youedit your post): Dubuisson was very good in world match play, and in EurAsia Cup also won his fourballs match (with.... Joost Luiten )

Yeah, I edited because I wasn't entirely sure of their Cup history and didn't want to be wrong. I thought they've played well in match play before, but don't have the stats in front of me to look up.

Good news is that 3 matches are on the back 9 and the margin is only 1UP for all 3. US could conceivably go on a roll here and run the tables. Bad news is that the Euros could too, and put this thing outta reach most likely.

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

Good news is that 3 matches are on the back 9 and the margin is only 1UP for all 3. US could conceivably go on a roll here and run the tables.

Bad news is that the Euros could too, and put this thing outta reach most likely.

I don't see us winning that McIlroy match. Rory is hot this afternoon. Only hope is Sergio starts choking.

It's about time Fowler/Walker matched the Euros in this match.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

With Stenson Europe would be up in all four matches perhaps. Hope his back problems wont bother him tomorrow. Garcia, damn..

~Jorrit

I think Kooch and Zacko are going to get at least a halve out of their match, and hopefully the rookies hold off Rose and Kaymer. 9-7 Europe at the end of the day?

Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

I think Kooch and Zacko are going to get at least a halve out of their match, and hopefully the rookies hold off Rose and Kaymer. 9-7 Europe at the end of the day?

That would be best scenario at this point.

What happened? I don't think the US coverage has shown anything yet.

USA in trouble on that hole; instead of playing save Garcia goes for it and misses the green.

~Jorrit

That would be best scenario at this point.

Technically, Furyk/Mahan are still very much in their match, but it's hard to see the breaks going their way, although Sergio's starting to play head games with himself.

Note: This thread is 3495 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!