IGNORED

Changing my iron set

Note: This thread is 3179 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hey guys, I'm index 10.6, have a callaway X-14 pro series irons (yeah, believe it), and now I'm interested in changing my irons. My dream is the titlest CB, but I'm afraid of being so difficult to me. Which iron set you indicate to me? Thanks and sorry about the english errors (I'm brazilian)

i doubt going to a Titleist CB iron set will be that much different than your Callaway's.....   the loft's might be different, but the diffculty hitting them will not be.....

be it CB or GI or SGI  irons, a good hit will still be a good hit,,, a bad hit will still be a bad hit...

It is what it is

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Hey guys,

I'm index 10.6, have a callaway X-14 pro series irons (yeah, believe it), and now I'm interested in changing my irons. My dream is the titlest CB, but I'm afraid of being so difficult to me. Which iron set you indicate to me?

Thanks and sorry about the english errors (I'm brazilian)

Why wouldn't I believe it?

i doubt going to a Titleist CB iron set will be that much different than your Callaway's.....   the loft's might be different, but the diffculty hitting them will not be.....

be it CB or GI or SGI  irons, a good hit will still be a good hit,,, a bad hit will still be a bad hit...

I agree with this, the Titleists wills have more compact heads and a somewhat smaller sweetspot but for a 10.6 it shouldn't be a drastic change. Though I have to ask why you don't want the x-14s anymore? From what I understand they were solid performers.

:callaway: Big Bertha Alpha 815 DBD  :bridgestone: TD-03 Putter   
:tmade: 300 Tour 3W                 :true_linkswear: Motion Shoes
:titleist: 585H Hybrid                       
:tmade: TP MC irons                 
:ping: Glide 54             
:ping: Glide 58
:cleveland: 588 RTX 62

Why wouldn't I believe it?

Exactly, there was a lot of love for the X-14 pro's in their day and most still regard them highly.

Joe Paradiso

I like Titleist CB's too but I think at 10.6 you'd be better off with something else. Those are pretty pure. If you are gaming Callaway and are enjoying them, why not stick with Callaway? Apex forged irons are getting a lot of love...

WITB:

Driver:

Titleist Pro Titanium 905T, 9.5*, Graphite Design, Regular

Irons:

Ping i5, 5i-W, Stock Steel, Regular

Wedges:

Mizuno MPT4, 50*, Dynamic Gold Spinner

Titleist SM5, 56*, Dynamic Gold S200

Putter:

Day to day

I'd give the 716 AP 2's a look along with the Mizuno MP-54's and Apex Forged.  At a 10.6 I'm sure you'll hit the CB's well but it doesn't hurt to have some forgiveness when you do hit that bad shot.

Joe Paradiso

Thanks for the information guys

The callaway apex pro irons is a little more forgiveness then the Titlest cb?

Thanks

Ya, and the apex (not pro). You may also be happy with the Nike Pro Combo,

WITB:

Driver:

Titleist Pro Titanium 905T, 9.5*, Graphite Design, Regular

Irons:

Ping i5, 5i-W, Stock Steel, Regular

Wedges:

Mizuno MPT4, 50*, Dynamic Gold Spinner

Titleist SM5, 56*, Dynamic Gold S200

Putter:

Day to day

The difference in forgiveness will be slight, if any. IMHO, look more at being fit than the differences in clubs. I would suggest being fit for some Mizunos, just for the simple fact that they have so many shaft options.

The shaft can sometimes make more of a difference than the clubhead.

I just switched irons last month and my previous set was too long and not stiff enough. My dispersion has been noticeably better...and I'm hitting a less forgiving iron (MP-15).

Bottom line - make sure you are properly fit, then make a choice on what club to play.

Thanks for the answers guys.

The problem is that I live in Brazil and cannot try different clubs. I'm searching for a iron set similar to a cavity back (my ego wants one kkkk), then I'd like to get Callaway Apex Pro or Tittlest CB, but I really afraid of being so difficult to hit them. Which other clubs do you suggest?

Thanks and good shots for everyone

I played with the 695 CBs for 4 years or so.  Don't remember my handicap trajectory exactly, but the last couple I was bouncing around 9-10.5.  Definitely not too "good" for a ~10 cap.

And I loved those clubs.  Good swing weight, nice feel, pretty forgiving for the style of club IMO.  I know it's very swing dependent, but I got good penetrating flight out of those irons too.

Matt

Mid-Weight Heavy Putter
Cleveland Tour Action 60˚
Cleveland CG15 54˚
Nike Vapor Pro Combo, 4i-GW
Titleist 585h 19˚
Tour Edge Exotics XCG 15˚ 3 Wood
Taylormade R7 Quad 9.5˚

Consider the Titleist AP1's and AP2's too. Both are great options for your handicap. I've been playing the AP1's for 7 years and would still prefer them over the AP2's even as a 5 handicap.

Titleist 915D2 10.5°
Titleist 913h 17°
Titleist 913h 21°
Titleist AP1 4-GW
Titleist Vokey SM4 54° and 58°
Scotty Cameron California Del Mar Putter

Note: This thread is 3179 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!