IGNORED

mythbuster's Trolling Thread (was Setup = Automatic)

iacas
Note: This thread is 3055 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

18 minutes ago, craps said:

Hey, mythbuster, why don't you try the latest David Leadbetter's A- swing golf method. It focus on a certain way of setting up and the swing is compact and easy to execute cos' it does not require full body turn. I personally like it. Is Lydia Ko using it?

Gurus like DL use top players to prove their swing theories.DL says the lower hand is weakened,over & on top, but Lydia doesn't do that even though she does use his keep the club head outside method of the A-swing.

Note: I do not answer direct questions or points raised against my untested and unproven theories, have no history of teaching anyone, and post essentially the same nonsense in everyone's Member Swing threads.

On 11/28/2015, 2:45:02, mythbuster said:

you make a lot of very  valid points that will be lapped up by so called "believers"  , but you miss the reality mark by a conservative mile. 

when you say that  if you set up properly to hit a baseball, tennis or bowl 'homerun" ,that is in fact a fallacy, as you yourself have no idea what that ideal setup actually is.

Um,there was no fallacy in his statement. First, it is an assumption by speaking of what he may or may not know, that is a fallacy of presumption on your part. While I am doing the same in assuming that you really do not know what he knows, I think I am safe in my assumption. Second, he makes a theoretical statement in "If I set up perfectly...," so his actual knowledge is irrelevant. By the statement he IS setting up perfectly in his theoretical framework, and is asking what will occur next. There is therfore no fallacy based on what he actually knows. 

I have never said or implied anything negative about someone in a post, but it's easy to try and sound smart by word usage, etc, but that doesn't make it true. I know, like everyone else, that  are trolling so no big deal, but still wanted to comment. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On 11/29/2015, 6:56:19, boogielicious said:

I am disappointed that you did not work Blatherskite into any of those choices.

"Adventures of an Amateur Blatherskite"

"The Great Blatherskite"

"To Kill a Blatherskite"

"The Lord of the Blatherskites"

"The Grapes of the Blatherskite"

"Blatherskite-Five"

"Blatherskite at Noon"

"Blatherskite Farm"

"Blatherskite of the Flies"

"The Sound and the Blatherskite"

"All the Blatherskite's Men"

"Blatherskite, Blatherskite!"

"Heart of Blatherskite" (I personally like how this one turned out)

"At the Mountains of Blatherskite"

"The Blatherskite's Guide to the Golf Swing" (A bit more adapted than the others)

"Blatherskite's Game"

"A Farewell to Blatherskites"

"The Hunt for Red Blatherskite"

"One Flew Over the Blatherskite's Nest"

While these names aren't perhaps as unique as the previous suggestions, I would give brownie points to those able to name the original novels these names were based off of (the first one isn't based off a novel).

23 minutes ago, Pretzel said:

"The Great Blatherskite"

"To Kill a Blatherskite"

"Blatherskite-Five"

"Blatherskite at Noon"

"Blatherskite Farm"

"The Blatherskite's Guide to the Golf Swing" (A bit more adapted than the others)

"Blatherskite's Game"

While these names aren't perhaps as unique as the previous suggestions, I would give brownie points to those able to name the original novels these names were based off of (the first one isn't based off a novel).

Well done!

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

24 minutes ago, Pretzel said:

"The Great Blatherskite"

"To Kill a Blatherskite"

"Blatherskite-Five"

"Blatherskite at Noon"

"Blatherskite Farm"

"Blatherskite's Game"

The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn

The Great Gastby

The Lord of the Rings

Grapes of Wrath

Slaughterhouse Five

Darkness at Noon

Animal Farm

Lord of the Flies

The Sound and the Fury

All the King's Men

"Couldn't figure out". . .

Heart of Darkness

At the Mountains of Madness

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

War Game

A Farewell to Arms

To Kill a Mockingbird

One Flew over a Cuckoo's Nest

Read most of these and still can't communicate all that well. :-(

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

@Lihu, well done! The first one wasn't based off anything, but I started doing novel spin-offs just because I couldn't come up with other ones for Blatherskite very easily. The one you didn't know is Absalom, Absalom!, and I figured it would probably be the hardest one. What you put as War Game was actually Ender's Game, though that was probably another hard one (the book is a personal favorite of mine though).

Come to think of it, One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest would probably be a workable title on its own for @mythbuster's book!

8 minutes ago, Pretzel said:

@Lihu, well done! The first one wasn't based off anything, but I started doing novel spin-offs just because I couldn't come up with other ones for Blatherskite very easily. The one you didn't know is Absalom, Absalom!, and I figured it would probably be the hardest one.

Come to think of it, One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest would probably be a workable title on its own for @mythbuster's book!

I should read it to complete this list anyway. Plus, when I'm stuck in a few slow rounds, I can spend some time reading. . .

My English is not so good and I really struggled to read most of the titles you listed over the years. . .Lord of the Rings and Hitchhikers Guide got me through my first couple years of learning the language, and many of the others were required reading in Middle and High School. Struggled. . .

Yeah, I was thinking of something like "One Swung over a Cuckoo's Green" :-D

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

On November 29, 2015 at 10:03:54 PM, JKolya said:

Um,there was no fallacy in his statement. First, it is an assumption by speaking of what he may or may not know, that is a fallacy of presumption on your part. While I am doing the same in assuming that you really do not know what he knows, I think I am safe in my assumption. Second, he makes a theoretical statement in "If I set up perfectly...," so his actual knowledge is irrelevant. By the statement he IS setting up perfectly in his theoretical framework, and is asking what will occur next. There is therfore no fallacy based on what he actually knows. 

I have never said or implied anything negative about someone in a post, but it's easy to try and sound smart by word usage, etc, but that doesn't make it true. I know, like everyone else, that  are trolling so no big deal, but still wanted to comment. 

ok, you seem like a decent person and clear thinker.

there are some  egotists here that really have no idea , apart from over  indulgence in claptrap.

what i am trying to convey and research, is a method of setup that isolates the left shoulder in total neutral phase that allows it to be pushed down around the upper horizontal spine, totally independently. that is how you get incredible torque on wind up in a grooved plane.

this applies to all of us, even the wombats who think they are still having trouble in single figures.

ok, i will not tell you what i have discovered whilst i was on a "forced "vacation, as i will no doubt be probably censored or "spat" at.

speak about freedom of speech in the USA.

I routinely troll and make things up. Please use my posts for your own amusement, and little else.

15 hours ago, Pretzel said:

"The Great Blatherskite"

"To Kill a Blatherskite"

"Blatherskite-Five"

"Blatherskite at Noon"

"Blatherskite Farm"

"Blatherskite's Game"

"Much Ado About Poppycock"

Dom's Sticks:

Callaway X-24 10.5° Driver, Callaway Big Bertha 15° wood, Callaway XR 19° hybrid, Callaway X-24 24° hybrid, Callaway X-24 5i-9i, PING Glide PW 47°/12°, Cleveland REG 588 52°/08°, Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 56°/13°, 60°/10°, Odyssey Versa Jailbird putter w/SuperStroke Slim 3.0 grip, Callaway Chev Stand Bag, Titleist Pro-V1x ball

8 hours ago, mythbuster said:

is a method of setup that isolates the left shoulder in total neutral phase that allows it to be pushed down around the upper horizontal spine, totally independently.

So dislocating your left shoulder :hmm:

ok, i will not tell you what i have discovered whilst i was on a "forced "vacation, as i will no doubt be probably censored or "spat" at.

Self-Inflicted is the term you are looking for.

apart from over  indulgence in claptrap.

Good way to describe everything you have posted so far. 

• Upvote 1

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

• Administrator

there are some  egotists here that really have no idea , apart from over  indulgence in claptrap.

Yes, calling people names… that's the way to get ahead.

what i am trying to convey and research, is a method of setup that isolates the left shoulder in total neutral phase that allows it to be pushed down around the upper horizontal spine, totally independently. that is how you get incredible torque on wind up in a grooved plane.

You're really not.

Plus, in your last post, you said you'd given up on that and were focusing on the grip, did you not?

this applies to all of us, even the wombats who think they are still having trouble in single figures.

"When in doubt, call people who have asked you legitimate questions 'wombats'"… said nobody, ever, when asked for advice on how to influence people in a discussion.

Hardly.

If you, deep in the recesses of your mind, honestly believe that your ideas have been "spat" at or censored (we've deleted nothing of what you've posted), then you are not aligned with reality.

We've asked you questions. We've given you a platform from which to share your thoughts.

Instead, you:

• Insult.
  • Call members names.
  • Refuse to quote, respond, post pictures, share video, etc.
  • Go on and on about how you've discovered a secret and how the golf establishment will hate you for it.

You're behaving like a troll, and being treated as such.

BTW, if you should happen to get to 50 points, you're permanently banned.

This is not an issue of freedom of speech, and you'd be well advised to stop playing the victim card. You're the one trolling.

• Upvote 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• iacas changed the title to mythbuster's Trolling Thread (was Setup = Automatic)

ok, you seem like a decent person and clear thinker.

You are being used for entertainment and nothing more.

Note: I do not answer direct questions or points raised against my untested and unproven theories, have no history of teaching anyone, and post essentially the same nonsense in everyone's Member Swing threads.

16 hours ago, mythbuster said:

I understand. What I think, and what others have said (albeit perhaps in a defensive way for some.... while in a clear way for others) is that it does not matter. I understand what you are trying to do - the left shoulder has been an issue for me at times being too steep. But the answer is not in setup, but in the backswing. What you need is a feel - that is probably specific for you - that helps achieve what you want. The setup can adversely affect your swing - @iacas and myself mentioned in another thread how we often correct setups (and I am not an instructor). That said, no setup position will automatically lead to a good swing - it will just make things and sequencing easier. Go to the posture thread, read on here about setup, stop trying to perfect it, and work on YOUR FEELS. 

7 hours ago, iacas said:

Yes, calling people names… that's the way to get ahead.

You're really not.

Plus, in your last post, you said you'd given up on that and were focusing on the grip, did you not?

"When in doubt, call people who have asked you legitimate questions 'wombats'"… said nobody, ever, when asked for advice on how to influence people in a discussion.

Instead, you:

• Insult.
  • Call members names.
  • Refuse to quote, respond, post pictures, share video, etc.
  • Go on and on about how you've discovered a secret and how the golf establishment will hate you for it.

Bold areas - why I, for the first time ever got into one of these debates, and responded in a semi-pedantic manner. I responded pointing out his fallacy, because he did not answer a specific question, but instead attacked someone's intelligence. 

7 hours ago, collapse said:

You are being used for entertainment and nothing more.

See above. I did not respond to attack him, or for my entertainment (or for others, or to jump on the bandwagon against him, etc). 

18 hours ago, mythbuster said:

this applies to all of us. . .

This is the dynamic portion of the swing that you seem to be gleaming over. Most people can pose (like for a picture) to look like a pro at setup or at finish. It's the getting from the setup to the finish in an efficient manner that gets the ball moving quickly that's hard.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

@mythbuster, You have in fact provided some wonderful entertainment. For that I guess I appreciate you. I know you're not serious and are having fun with this, but I gotta say, I'm looking forward to your next post. It's lighthearted, meaningless entertainment. So come on...throw us another bone. 

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

On December 2, 2015 at 7:06:52 PM, Vinsk said:

@mythbuster, You have in fact provided some wonderful entertainment. For that I guess I appreciate you. I know you're not serious and are having fun with this, but I gotta say, I'm looking forward to your next post. It's lighthearted, meaningless entertainment. So come on...throw us another bone. 

in a way, i am glad you enjoyed my posts, but you must remember i only jest in MOD-eration ,with very strict parameters.

that said,  i like your style, tact and diplomacy.

as far as a tip goes- i myself am at the "crossroads'. a lot of the so called swing mechanics are just that-conscious mind aberrations.

this is a   totally wrong and flawed way to teach and is actually destructive.

I routinely troll and make things up. Please use my posts for your own amusement, and little else.

Note: This thread is 3055 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!