IGNORED

Best Shot of the Week

iacas

Today on the 7th hole I chipped in for par. It's a 292 yard par 4 dogleg 45º right with a 50-yard-across lake about 20 yards in front of the green. Hit a nice smooth punch 5 iron to only get it 190 out there so I could have 100 yards in for my second shot. Instead, kind of pulled it a bit into the left rough and now I have about 160 yards to the green. Wind in my face. Looks like a perfect 8 iron. So I take my 8 out but I chunk it......I'm praying to god it gets over the water. Ends up bouncing off one of the rocks on the bank before the green and bounces a little forward right over the rocks. Theres a patch of bushes (more like vines, with sunflowers) right where my ball landed. I tried to punch out onto the green but only managed to move the ball about 1 foot. Ball was out of the flowers, but not even close to the green and was in a chunk of dirt I took up with my club. I said to myself "this would be hilarious if I chipped it in...". I just swung and prayed with no practice swing. Hit the ball right in the middle of the mound of dirt, ball came out low and I knew it had a ton of spin and would be pretty good, checked up left, knew it would roll right. I started laughing when the ball was about 10 feet away because I knew it was in. I stood there for a good minute just laughing and leaning on my club before I realized there were people behind me haha. It made my day....but sadly I ended up shooting a 39 on that front 9. Yea that's not going towards my handicap lol...

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha Diablo 9º
2 Hybrid: Callaway Big Bertha Heavenwood
Irons: Nike Slingshot OSS 6-3 iron
          Taylormade Tour Preferred PW-7 iron
Wedges: Cleveland CG14 50º, 54º
              Taylormade RAC 58º
Putter: Ping Darby 32" shaft

I was playing a new course with my brother i hit a good drive and then 3 wood on a par 5 which left me with a pitching wedge in which i hit right beside the pin took one hop and stopped i made the small putt for birdie.

They say golf is like life, but don't believe them. Golf is more complicated than that.

Mine was a week ago:
Very long par 5 550 meters downhill fairway and uphill green. Great drive and average 3 woods gave me 50 meters steep uphill to the hole. I hit a 60 degree wedge that hit the post for almost an eagle. Tapped in for birdie and won my match play........!!!!!

What is in my Audi golf bag:
1. Ping I15 8 degree with Fubuki

2. Miura 15 degree with Fubuki

3. Titleist 18.5 degree with Tour AD

4. Ping G15 21 degree wood

5. Ping G15 23 degree Hybrid

6. Ping S56 P-5 iron with Project X 5.5

7. Miura Wedges with Project X5.5

8. Scotty Cameron Circa 62

9. Titleist Prov1 or Z-Star

It is a toss up!

I had an awkward bunker shot from the fairway on my second shot on the par 5 first hole. My feet were above the ball by a good three to four feet and I was able to make good contact with the shot which led to a poor third shot which was an 8-iron to the green but then I holed out the 30 yard bunker shot for birdie. I don't recall having two bunker shots on the same hole and making birdie before.

The next one was:

I had 250 yards into the par-5 and I had to hit it over water so I decided to go for it with a 2-iron. My ball landed over the water and I came up about 15 yards short and pitched to about a foot that led to another birdie. This was on the fourth hole.

It was a fun round on a course I'd never played before!

A couple of weeks ago, but the last time I played--

I was 4-5 feet past pin high and 3-4 feet to the right of the green, maybe 20 from the hole-very quick downhill. I picked a spot short and about 12 feet above the hole. The ball hit the spot, had a slight pause, and rolled the 12 feet into the hole for a birdie 3. I had been really sloppy around the greens all day, but this one will bring me back.

Don

In the bag:

Driver: PING 410 Plus 9 degrees, Alta CB55 S  Fairway: Callaway Rogue 3W PX Even Flow Blue 6.0; Hybrid: Titleist 818H1 21* PX Even Flow Blue 6.0;  Irons: Titleist 718 AP1 5-W2(53*) Shafts- TT AMT Red S300 ; Wedges Vokey SM8 56-10D Putter: Scotty Cameron 2016 Newport 2.5  Ball: Titleist AVX or 2021 ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Sunk a forty-foot putt with a double-break to win 2 skins.
Driver: Callaway Diablo Edge 10*
Woods: Mizuno F-60 (15*, 18*); Hybrids: Callaway FT-iZ 21*, Callaway X 24*
Irons: Mizuno MX 25 (5I - GW)
Wedges: Mizuno MP T Chrome (56/10), MP T-10 Black Satin (60/8)
Putter: Odyssey White Hot Tour #9

I made a 40' putt Monday to save par.

Made another of about 30' and rolled a 50' an inch wide and was left with about 18".

Best day ever putting....if only the rest of the game would have cooperated!

In my KZG Stand Bag:
919THI 11* w/ OBAN Revenge 6 (S)
919THI 16.5* w/ OBAN Revenge 7 (S)
KZG 18* & 22* U Iron w/ Matrix Studio 84 (S)
KZG 5-PW Cavity Back Forged III w/ N.S. Pro 1050 GH (S)KZG Forged TRS 50*, 54*, 58* w/ N.S. Pro 1050 GH (S)Kirk Currie/Wright San Saba 33" e7 or TriSpeed uProMy...

Best Shot I Hit: Three shots at the par-5 13th at Sugar Hill Golf Club left me needing a long up-and-down from a greenside bunker to save par. From a level lie in the sand, I made a pitch-perfect blast that landed, one-hopped, and stopped within a foot of the hole. Par saved.

Best Shot Someone Else Hit That Benefited Me: One of my playing partners was an older German gentleman whose all-hybrid set provided little help to his inability to launch a ball in the air. As I was locating my ball in the fairway from the cartpath, I turned to watch him hit his shot from some 100 yards behind me. His shot whizzed by; I heard a crack; I turned to watch a ball scoot further down the fairway. I approached the ball lying where I expected mine to be, only to discover my partner's: his burner actually struck my ball and advanced it 25 yards!

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

tues... 4w from about 200yrds... 2 hills blocking my view of the green... one hill right in front and the other down the fw a bit... ball sitting down in the first cut of rough... left side of fw...
all i saw was dirt and grass flying in my face... thought i hit it super fat... i asked my playing partner where the heck it went... i ran up the hill and saw my ball sitting pin high on the green
RUSS's avg drive - 230yrds and climbing

On the second hole at my club, I hit a hook onto the next door fairway. When getting to the ball one of the four ball coming towards me commented 'I won't ask where you were aiming for', or something similar. They all then stood within about 10 feet of me whilst I played off of their fairway.

With about 200 yards to the flag, a tree line to negotiate and plenty of pressure on, I took my go-to 3 hybrid and absolutely crushed it to 6 feet.

The same guy just murmerred 'wow, good shot'. I just smiled, took my putter out and walked on by..

Driver: Launcher 10.5°
3-Wood: Launcher 15°
5-Wood: Launcher 19°
Hybrid: Baffler TWS 20°
Irons: CG7 4-PWWedges: CG15 Black Pearl 52.10 58.12Putter: Rossa Kia Ma MonacoBalls: e6+

Saturday had a 60* lob wedge, 73yds out with a tight pin over a bunker guarding the front right side of the green to within a foot tap-in for birdie :) (first round this year, was a stellar 42*) lol

In my Titleist 2014 9.5" Staff bag:

Cobra Bio+ 9* Matrix White Tie X  - Taylormade SLDR 15* ATTAS 80X - Titleist 910H 19* ATTAS 100X - Taylormade '13 TP MC 4-PW PX 6.5 - Vokey TVD M 50* DG TI X100 - Vokey SM4 55 / Vokey SM5 60* DG TI S400 - Piretti Potenza II 365g

Hole in one on number 11 at Northcliff Golf Course in San Antonio.

98 yard par 3.

It was magical. =-D

Driver - Taylor Made 09 Burner.
3 Wood - Callaway Diablo.
Hybrid Irons - Adams A30S
Wedges - 52* Titleist Vokey Spin Milled. 56*, 60* Taylormade Rac.
Putter - Scotty Cameron Circa 62 #1.