or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Pro Shop › Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting › Mizuno Vs Srixon
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Mizuno Vs Srixon

post #1 of 21
Thread Starter 
Hey everyone just wondering what everyone thought what a better company. Since they are both Japanese companies with forged irons could you give your input on which is better in terms irons, woods,, etc..
post #2 of 21

Re: Mizuno Vs Srixon

I would give Mizuno the nod on just about everything over Srixon as far as clubs go.

But Srixon does make great balls.
post #3 of 21

Re: Mizuno Vs Srixon

Originally Posted by DaSportsGuy View Post
I would give Mizuno the nod on just about everything over Srixon as far as clubs go.
Why would you say that? I assume you have hit both brands and have formulated your own opinion based on your own criteria, correct? Seems like Mizuno would be the popular choice because very few people play Srixon equipment. The I701's are some of the sweetest irons I have ever hit (and I have pretty much hit them all). Too bad the masses can't get past the stigma that is attached to many of the "off" brands because there is some wonderful equipment out there that can be had for very little cost.

I can only compare the I701 Tour irons though as I have not hit any other Srixon irons. I played a round with our pro's 701's with X100 shafts. Like I said, they are fantastic clubs that perform well in every category. As well as Mizuno's? Yes, even better for me.

The new Z-TX's look awesome, can't wait to get my hands on them.

Can't speak on either companies woods.
post #4 of 21
Thread Starter 

Re: Mizuno Vs Srixon

yes and i think you dont lose distance with srixons forged irons like you do with mizunos
post #5 of 21

Re: Mizuno Vs Srixon

Originally Posted by Bump-n-MI View Post
Why would you say that? I assume you have hit both brands and have formulated your own opinion based on your own criteria, correct? Seems like Mizuno would be the popular choice because very few people play Srixon equipment. The I701's are some of the sweetest irons I have ever hit (and I have pretty much hit them all). Too bad the masses can't get past the stigma that is attached to many of the "off" brands because there is some wonderful equipment out there that can be had for very little cost.
Correct. I tried both brands at a local Foxy Golf store about a week ago since I'm looking for a new set of irons for next season.
post #6 of 21

Re: Mizuno Vs Srixon

I have the i701 tours and they are great irons. To me the Mizzies don't have a lot of feel.
post #7 of 21

Re: Mizuno Vs Srixon

I love both brands. Actually I don't think I will ever be playing with any irons in the future except for my beloved 3 brands: Mizuno, Srixon and Bridgestone. Yes, they two things in common: Japan and forged.

Not to diss any other brands, but I just love these guys.
post #8 of 21

Re: Mizuno Vs Srixon

Originally Posted by DaSportsGuy View Post
Correct. I tried both brands at a local Foxy Golf store about a week ago since I'm looking for a new set of irons for next season.
You said:
I would give Mizuno the nod on just about everything over Srixon as far as clubs go.
Which would leave me to believe that you have experience with the two companies woods as well as with their irons. So what about the woods?
post #9 of 21

Re: Mizuno Vs Srixon

Originally Posted by Bump-n-MI View Post
You said:Which would leave me to believe that you have experience with the two companies woods as well as with their irons. So what about the woods?
I only tested the Mizuno woods...
post #10 of 21

Re: Mizuno Vs Srixon

Originally Posted by Aaronsrix17 View Post
yes and i think you dont lose distance with srixons forged irons like you do with mizunos
It's not so much that you're losing distance with Mizuno, so much as that Srixon has stronger lofts in comparable irons.


To answer the original question, I wasn't able to compare them - I didn't even see a Srixon iron I could swing (literally; no demo days, no clubs in stock) until after I had purchased my current set.
post #11 of 21

Re: Mizuno Vs Srixon

I have played the Mizuno's

Comp Ez
Mp 30s
Mp 33s

and simply love them, unfortunately I have not tried the Srixon irons to compare them.

Mizuno video


Srixon golf

http://www.srixon.com/club_overview.html

Mizuno
http://www.mizunousa.com/golf

In summary you have more selection and history with Mizuno in my opinion.
post #12 of 21

Re: Mizuno Vs Srixon

Srixon is one of the better golf companies - (Yes, up there with TM, Titleist, Cleveland.....) You just dont hear about them alot. there balls and clubs are very good.

Srixon >slightly> Mizuno
post #13 of 21

Re: Mizuno Vs Srixon

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but wanted to weigh in on Srixon irons. I was able to pick up a used set of Srixon i-302 irons with Rifle FCM 5.0 the other day for $90, on a whim. Frankly, after a few days on the range with them, I am stunned at how good they are. Most of the pub I could find on them was generally positive, but it's a whole different thing to actually hit them. To me, they are very much in line, if not better, than the Mizuno irons I've hit like the MP-62 (which I dearly love). Very soft feel, with that trademark forged "swoosh" sound when hit flush. I almost feel guilty for getting them so cheap now.

I was playing Nicklaus N-1 "The Bear" irons, and these seem to have a touch less distance. I can also see the cavity in the 3-iron at address but I'll get over it. These clubs are marvelous.
post #14 of 21

Re: Mizuno Vs Srixon

Originally Posted by wachesawgolfer View Post
To me the Mizzies don't have a lot of feel.
wow. to each his own i guess. most of the people who have hit mizunos here would argue they have the most feel .
post #15 of 21

Re: Mizuno Vs Srixon

Originally Posted by sherwoodnatl View Post
Srixon is one of the better golf companies - (Yes, up there with TM, Titleist, Cleveland.....) You just dont hear about them alot. there balls and clubs are very good.

Srixon >slightly> Mizuno
Give is a break!!
You don't hear about them very much?

Robert Allenby
Tim Clark
Jim Furyk for starters.

Hardly minor players, especially this year.
post #16 of 21

Re: Mizuno Vs Srixon

I just got a hold of Mizuno's mx-25...best set of irons I have hit with...
i find i dont hafta over swing and i get enough distance...
If you guys say srixon is as good or better, maybe i need to try them out hehe
post #17 of 21

Re: Mizuno Vs Srixon

Originally Posted by BrownBomber View Post
I just got a hold of Mizuno's mx-25...best set of irons I have hit with...
i find i dont hafta over swing and i get enough distance...
If you guys say srixon is as good or better, maybe i need to try them out hehe
Good luck finding them in Edmonton. Srixon doesn't have as many iron lines (choices) in general, and they're not overly popular in Alberta . . . yet.
post #18 of 21

Re: Mizuno Vs Srixon

I'd say of the two brands, Srixon is a touch ahead.

Srixon takes the woods category. Srixon's Cleveland brand makes very good woods, notably the HiBore and Launcher. Mizuno's woods (including their titanium fairways) are more expensive, are not nearly as well regarded.

Neither brand is known for their hybrids, but a slight edge goes to Mizuno for its Fli-Hi hybrid irons, which are very nice.

Irons is a wash. Both brands make fantastic forged irons. Mizuno has a slight edge in variety, but both brands make forged game improvement, players, and blade type irons, although Srixon's blades are very rare.

Wedges goes to Srixon, their Cleveland brand's 588 and CG-12 are among the most popular wedges ever made. Mizuno's wedges are good, but not as highly regarded as Cleveland's wedges.

Putters are more or less evenly split, with Srixon's Cleveland and Never Compromise line both producing great putters, and Mizuno's Bettinardi producing equally fine putters.

Balls goes to Srixon, as Mizuno doesn't make them. Even considering that, Srixon balls are second to none.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Pro Shop › Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting › Mizuno Vs Srixon