One, here's your chance to show off your handy work. But also, I am looking for some ideas! Lol! I am going to be building a practice area outside and wanted to gather some ideas on how to set it up. I'm not necessarily looking to build a true putting green, but more of an area to practice the short game onto the green. Although I want to have some grass that is short enough to putt on if the desire comes up.
So my idea is:
* A "putting area" that's about 10' x 15' or so, with a collar cut around the "green".
* On the east side will be a bunker approximately 4' x 8' or 5' x 10'.
* Then on the east side of the bunker, an area of grass that is around 10' x 20' that is cut to two or three different heights.
* There would also be an area of grass all around the perimeter of the above to chip from, making the entire area approximately 60' x 30'.
* From this area facing south, I already have a large swath that is mowed about 35 yards wide and 175 yards long. It is old wheat field, so it's mostly rye and other native grasses. Good enough when mowed short enough.
So post 'em up if you have some good pics! It doesn't even have to be yours. Maybe we can get a good collection of pics to give other some backyard ideas.
Thanks in advance!!