or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Practice Range › Instruction and Playing Tips › Evolvr Online Instruction Before and After Pics
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Evolvr Online Instruction Before and After Pics

post #1 of 44
Thread Starter 

This thread will be dedicated to sharing Before and After pics of Evolvr students.  What is Evolvr?  It's online golf instruction provided by 5 Simple Keys® instructors.  Students shoot a down the line (dtl) and face on video, log in, write some notes and submit their videos.  Our instructors analyze your swing and send you a video response with personalized notes.  Here is a Sample Evolvr Lesson.

 

As some of you may know, I'm the manager of Evolvr and really proud of the work our instructors, James Hirshfield, Brian McGrew and Stephan Kostelecky are doing.  I've asked them to send me some B/A pics of students to get this thread started.  They'll continually add to the thread to keep it updated.

 

The pics will be labeled with what Key(s) the student has improved, if you don't know about the 5 Simple Keys go here http://purestrike5sk.com/ .

 

Key #1- Steady Head

Key #2- Weight Forward (at impact)

Key #3-  Flat Left Wrist (at impact)

Key #4- Diagonal Sweetspot Path

Key #5- Clubface Control

 

*

*

 

*

 

 

 

 

 

*

 

 

 

*

*

 

 

*

 

 

 

NOTE to Evolvr Students (Click to show)

If a pic of you is on the thread and you'd rather it not be, just let me know and I'll take it out.  But it's a lot of fun to show off! 

post #2 of 44
Note to self*

Put pants on and brush your hair before taking video to send in to Evolvr.
post #3 of 44

In my lessons we have never really discussed the keys specifically, but what happens is as you work on the little pieces of the swing they start to fall into place.  That is what makes it so neat is that as you focus on something you may think is small, the lasting impact and result it has to your swing is pretty big.  Anyone who is thinking about doing evolvr, should commit to it fully, and it is on you to put in the time practicing the swings. 

post #4 of 44

Couldn't agree more cipher! Sometimes when working on 1 or 2 pieces, 3 or 4 will clean them self up.  It's all about prioritizing properly and then associating what you're feeling with what you are trying to accomplish. 

post #5 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvmac View Post

 

 

I've found over the last several months (since I first started seeing my swing on video) that it was an awful lot like when you hear your voice on an answering machine or recording of some kind.  "That's what I sound like??

 

I've never really cared much for my swing as I watch it.  It's just .... I don't know, ugly.  Something's not right.  However, this 'after' pic above is, far and away, the best I have ever seen myself look.  Everything about the arms, wrists, elbow, and resulting shaft plane makes me smile.

 

Sadly, though, I am pretty sure it's not actually a full speed swing, just a pose or a slow motion swing. ;)  Doesn't matter though, at least I can see that I am perfectly capable of getting into this position. :)

post #6 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfingdad View Post

I've found over the last several months (since I first started seeing my swing on video) that it was an awful lot like when you hear your voice on an answering machine or recording of some kind.  "That's what I sound like??

 

I've never really cared much for my swing as I watch it.  It's just .... I don't know, ugly.  Something's not right.  However, this 'after' pic above is, far and away, the best I have ever seen myself look.  Everything about the arms, wrists, elbow, and resulting shaft plane makes me smile.

 

Sadly, though, I am pretty sure it's not actually a full speed swing, just a pose or a slow motion swing. ;)  Doesn't matter though, at least I can see that I am perfectly capable of getting into this position. :)

I just think it's awesome and very confidence inspiring to know that what you are working on is the right piece for you to be working on. In the past I would work on whatever the flavor of the week was and never saw any improvement (or very minimal and all of it timing based). I have only just started evolvr (shout out to SK Golf) but I can tell already that the work I'm putting in is far more effective than what I was doing in the past.

post #7 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernest Jones View Post

I just think it's awesome and very confidence inspiring to know that what you are working on is the right piece for you to be working on. In the past I would work on whatever the flavor of the week was and never saw any improvement (or very minimal and all of it timing based). I have only just started evolvr (shout out to SK Golf) but I can tell already that the work I'm putting in is far more effective than what I was doing in the past.

Couldn't agree more.  But you know what's even more confidence inspiring?  Checks and balances.  What do I mean by that?  I have received lessons from all three guys (James mostly, Stephan, and Brian) and have taken two separate 5SK classes.  One last september with Erik, Dave, Mike, and Bob Townsend, and one a couple of weeks ago with Erik and Mike.  Whenever I have switched between instructors, or when I have showed up at each of the classes, the priority piece was always the same.  And they didn't talk ahead of time.

 

It's nice to know that James knows what he's doing, and it's easy to have confidence that it's the right piece.  But when I get independent confirmation from Erik that I should be working on the same thing, then it's even better.

post #8 of 44

This is work week 17 of the year... I've posted 13 rounds of golf in 2013.  So I'm playing a little less than once a week.

(Truly is frustrating because I'd like to play every day - but most of us know that's just not feasible)z1_censored.gif

 

And and looking back at my stats for the last 20 rounds (goes into the 2012 calendar)... I'm hitting 60% of my fairways and 53% of my greens.  Since February I've hardly been able to practice... But yet my fairways are 59% and greens 56% during the last five rounds.  I attribute being able to 'maintain' consistency - without practicing due to having the key fundamentals (and feels) of the golf swing ingrained.  I attribute this to my time spent working with the 5SK/Evolvr instructors.  They really will help you improve your golf game... Do yourself a huge favor and join Evolvr.

post #9 of 44
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfingdad View Post

 

I've never really cared much for my swing as I watch it.  It's just .... I don't know, ugly.  Something's not right.  However, this 'after' pic above is, far and away, the best I have ever seen myself look.  Everything about the arms, wrists, elbow, and resulting shaft plane makes me smile.

 

Sadly, though, I am pretty sure it's not actually a full speed swing, just a pose or a slow motion swing. ;)  Doesn't matter though, at least I can see that I am perfectly capable of getting into this position. :)

 

Like we've talked about, to play good golf the swing doesn't "have to" look like the right pic.  We know the wider that right arm on the backswing, it's going to be wider on the downswing and help shallow that shaft out.  It's a good drill/feel to practice.  And you can use the right pic as a reference for when you practice or do some mirror work.  Yes knowing that you can get there, whether it's slow motion or in a drill is still huge.

 

 

Also added a "note" to the bottom of the first post for Evolvr students to check out.

post #10 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvmac View Post

 

Also added a "note" to the bottom of the first post for Evolvr students to check out.

So if a pic of us is not there...then that means we were either just that good to start, or we really just don't progress very well? a2_wink.gif

post #11 of 44
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by cipher View Post

So if a pic of us is not there...then that means we were either just that good to start, or we really just don't progress very well? a2_wink.gif

 

Just means there is more to come a1_smile.gif

post #12 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvmac View Post

 

Just means there is more to come a1_smile.gif

a3_biggrin.gif

 

 

Some really great improvements by everyone here.  So cool to see, evidence as to why more need to sign up for this.  

post #13 of 44

I have some really good ones that Mike could show.   My swing has gone from looking like someone killing a snake with a hoe to something more along the lines of a golfer.  a1_smile.gif  

post #14 of 44
I like the different pics of people b and a of key#4... the 5SK system isn't a cookie cutter swing. The DSP isn't exactly the same for everyone.
post #15 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvmac View Post

 

 

 

 

*

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Would like to hear more about the changes that resulted in this pair of pictures, and the thinking behind them.

post #16 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by birlyshirly View Post

Would like to hear more about the changes that resulted in this pair of pictures, and the thinking behind them.

 

In my opinion...

 

I'd say a steeper hip turn helped by straightening the right leg more in the back swing which will allow the hips to turn further and the hands to be more in and less up to make better use of angular momentum.

 

Right elbow pointing more towards the ground will help to get the arms down into the delivery position and also gets the hands more in and less up - making it easier to hit out at the ball, using the power of the circle (angular momentum).

post #17 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by birlyshirly View Post

Would like to hear more about the changes that resulted in this pair of pictures, and the thinking behind them.

http://thesandtrap.com/t/55080/myth-of-maintaining-address-flexion-in-the-rear-knee

 

On the left he was very likely coming from the outside, on the right the downswing path will come from the inside. 

post #18 of 44
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by birlyshirly View Post

Would like to hear more about the changes that resulted in this pair of pictures, and the thinking behind them.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cipher View Post

http://thesandtrap.com/t/55080/myth-of-maintaining-address-flexion-in-the-rear-knee

 

On the left he was very likely coming from the outside, on the right the downswing path will come from the inside. 

 

Yeah check out the other pics of the student.  The before pics look like this, lack of torso rotation, club head outside the hands, student is probably struggling with contact and hitting cuts.

 

        

 

So getting the hips to turn more, will change the picture but more importantly change this golfer's control of Key #4 and allowed them to start hitting out.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Instruction and Playing Tips
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Practice Range › Instruction and Playing Tips › Evolvr Online Instruction Before and After Pics