IGNORED

Scorecard: Golf Statistics Software (Mac/Windows)

iacas
Note: This thread is 2017 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator
Here's a quick dumb question: does chipping in for birdie count as a successful up & down? I'm guessing yes, but is that how the PGA count it as well?

Yes. Zero putts, zero first putt distance (it's discarded anyway).

Heck, chipping in for PAR is a successful up and down. Or a successful sand save (or both, if you want to keep your stats that way).

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...
I am having trouble installing the newest update. When trying to install I get to a window that says "The feature you are trying to install is on a network resource that is unavailable. You get the option to select a path to a folder that contains "Internal Files.msi" in the box below. When I browse to the folder that contains that file I get the same message. Can anyone help me with this? Are others having the same problem? This is frustrating because now I can't even open the program.

Driver :tmade: Tour Burner
3 Wood :tmade: Burner
3 Hybrid :ping: Rapture
Irons :titleist: AP1 4-W
Wedges :cleveland: CG14Putter :odyssey: White Hot 2 BallRangefinder :leupold: GX-1Bag :ogio: Grom

• Administrator
I am having trouble installing the newest update. When trying to install I get to a window that says "The feature you are trying to install is on a network resource that is unavailable. You get the option to select a path to a folder that contains "Internal Files.msi" in the box below. When I browse to the folder that contains that file I get the same message. Can anyone help me with this? Are others having the same problem? This is frustrating because now I can't even open the program.

For support, please see

http://cynicalpeak.com/ . Your question is short and so I'll answer it here, but please use the Cynical Peak site for future support issues (though we hope you don't have any! :D). This problem is caused by the latest version of the setup utility in the development tools we use for Windows. The solution is to use Add/Remove Software to manually uninstall the current version, then install the new version. Leave your data files in place when uninstalling. Just remove the program files (the default settings should do this just fine).

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• 3 weeks later...

This is a long thread, I'm sure my answer would be answered already, so apologies for asking again.

How would I best enter my stats on my paper scorecard for input later into the software?   I always keep an extra scorecard for myself (when playing with others), so I can use the entire card for my stats.  I'm just wondering what advice people have?

Thanks!

In my Grom Stand bag:

Driver: Ping G20, 8.5 Tour Stiff
Wood/Hybrid: G20 3W, Raylor 19*, 22*
Irons: R9 5I - SW, TM CGB LW

Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi-Mid

Favorites: Old Ranch (Seal Beach), Ike/Babe (Industry Hills), Skylinks (Long Beach), Desert Willow (Palm Desert)

This is a long thread, I'm sure my answer would be answered already, so apologies for asking again.

How would I best enter my stats on my paper scorecard for input later into the software?   I always keep an extra scorecard for myself (when playing with others), so I can use the entire card for my stats.  I'm just wondering what advice people have?

Thanks!

Read the Help that comes with the software, it's accessible under Help in the menu. This is directly addressed in detail.

"Golf is an entire game built around making something that is naturally easy - putting a ball into a hole - as difficult as possible." - Scott Adams

Mid-priced ball reviews: Top Flight Gamer v2 | Bridgestone e5 ('10) | Titleist NXT Tour ('10) | Taylormade Burner TP LDP | Taylormade TP Black | Taylormade Burner Tour | Srixon Q-Star ('12)

• 2 weeks later...

I have not been able to find an answer to this one yet.

My Grandson got an iPod for Christmas. I am updating my sw on my Mac to accomodate his gen4 iPod. I'm giving him an id on my computer where Scorecard is loaded. He wants to use it and the app to track his stats also. So when I access the Scorecard sw using his id it wants the registration info again. Is multiple users on one system allowed under my registration? If it is how do I get a copy of my registration?

It ain't bragging if you can do it.

Taylor Made Burner '09 8.5* UST Pro Force V2, Mizuno F-60 3 wood UST Pro Force V2, Mizuno MP-68 3-PW  S300, Bobby Jones Wedges S and L, Nike Ignite 001, Leupold GX-II

• 2 weeks later...

Erik,
I currently have a Sony Ericsson Xperia phone that utilizes the free caddie app. (AT&T;, Droid 2.0 platform) are there any interfaces with Scorecard as of yet that i can use to 'sync' my scorecard from one to the other or allow me to keep stats using scorecard/freecaddie and input it from phone->computer?

In my Titleist 2014 9.5" Staff bag:

Cobra Bio+ 9* Matrix White Tie X  - Taylormade SLDR 15* ATTAS 80X - Titleist 910H 19* ATTAS 100X - Taylormade '13 TP MC 4-PW PX 6.5 - Vokey TVD M 50* DG TI X100 - Vokey SM4 55 / Vokey SM5 60* DG TI S400 - Piretti Potenza II 365g

• Administrator

Not that I know of. Scorecard supports an import format we defined which is open source XML but I don't think anyone else uses it.

• 2 months later...

How is the vertical axis in the graph decided.

Sometimes i think that axis is very stretched or sometimes not enough.

Is it possible to implement a option to decide the axis yourself?

Ill make a quick edit!

For example.

Fairway hits, GIR, Up&Down; and scrambling i would like 0-100%

GIR scoring avg does not go below 0

• Administrator

Originally Posted by klund

How is the vertical axis in the graph decided.

Sometimes i think that axis is very stretched or sometimes not enough.

They're the minimum and the maximum, plus a little padding on each side.

• 2 months later...

is there/ will there be a free trial version? i'd sure like to try this out before i purchase it.

Whats in my bag?
909 D 10.5 Driver

-Hippo exp3 3 wood and hybrid

-Hippo exp3 irons

56 degree wedge

Rosa Monte Carlo putter

Dt roll golf ball

Originally Posted by whitetiger94

is there/ will there be a free trial version? i'd sure like to try this out before i purchase it.

wait just realised there is a demo.

Whats in my bag?
909 D 10.5 Driver

-Hippo exp3 3 wood and hybrid

-Hippo exp3 irons

56 degree wedge

Rosa Monte Carlo putter

Dt roll golf ball

• Administrator

Originally Posted by whitetiger94

wait just realised there is a demo.

Enjoy. :-)

• 2 weeks later...

id really like to use this program... my upro keeps most of my stats already... doesnt account for direction of misses and such... i like not having to carry around a scorecard.. but to totally utilize this program, should i keep track of direction.. it would be easy to transfer my information from upro into this program, but would i be underutlizing the program w/o direcional information and first putt distance info?? i guess what im asking is... if i dont use direction of misses and first putt distances, will this program be kind of useless to me??

Tour Burner 9.0 Reax Stiff
X-Speed 3+ Aldila DVS Stiff
S57 Blades... Rifle 6.0 Flighted
CG12 Black Wedges 52, 56, 60
Craze-E Orig ProV1x UPro

• Administrator

Originally Posted by xDeathFollowsDaybreakx

id really like to use this program... my upro keeps most of my stats already... doesnt account for direction of misses and such... i like not having to carry around a scorecard.. but to totally utilize this program, should i keep track of direction.. it would be easy to transfer my information from upro into this program, but would i be underutlizing the program w/o direcional information and first putt distance info?? i guess what im asking is... if i dont use direction of misses and first putt distances, will this program be kind of useless to me??

It won't be useless. It'll track everything else.

I'd consider seriously at least writing down those two things somewhere. Or even just remembering them and putting the numbers in when you get back to your computer.

• 1 month later...
Any plans for a web version. That way, there would be no installs etc. By technically challenged people like me. Also, the management of the stats can be done centrally and administered across a wide section of thesandtrap community. Can make it easily accessible over the iPad, iPhone etc. Maybe charge a monthly subscription for managing, maintaining and advising subscribers based on the stats.

Epon AF Tour Blades with Aerotech i80 R / Ping i25 Mitsubishi B Series Shaft R Driver / Tour Edge XCG6 19 deg Rescue / Titleist 910 F 3 Wood / Edel Putter / Edel KBS 60.8 Lob / Edel KBS 56.8 Sand /

Note: This thread is 2017 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!