IGNORED

Costco Callaway Hex Tour Soft

Note: This thread is 1162 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hi Ace:

@FlyingAce

So what was wrong with your driver swing that got corrected by the instructor?

Your husband is correct....NM is at approximately 5000' elevation......so your ball will travel quite a bit further than what you find here in Vancouver at sea level or vacation i Hawaii.

So are you going to rent a place at Taos for 4 months?....skiing 70 times a season is A LOT of skiing....good for you....even $1600 for a pass is considered somewhat cheap still.

I thought you had bum knees that impede you from walking a lot with golf....wouldn't your bum knees affect your ability to ski and ski many times?

Huh...WTF....you spend $2000 each year on new skis???....you are so SPOILED......I guess HAPPY WIFE...HAPPY LIFE...is your husband's motto?.....or maybe he doesn't have a choice😁.......I haven't skied since 2005.....I think my last skis I bought in 1999???....were $300 and I think I installed my old bindings......what skis do you have now?

With local accommodations, ski passes, new ski equipment & apparel each year and high level private ski instructions...ya .....you may spend more on skiing vs. golf.....at this rate your husband may ask you to quit both and you can only play tennis on the free public tennis courts in NM without instructors.🤣 

In the past...my company bought ski teaching packages from Ski Escapes for customer entertainment....I hosted some customers up at Whistler....our instructors were Karen Stemmele and Lisa Savejari (sp??)....past Canadian ski Olympians....they were so crazy good even in retirement....at one point they were skiing backwards talking to us while instructing the group.

Based on the below link on ski ability from Whistler ski school....do you still consider yourself an intermediate skier? 

scenic_201901_johnentwistle_alpine024_60

Check your ability level to help you enroll in the right Whistler Blackcomb Snow School program. Play the videos to get an in-depth view of each ability le

Edited by Mr22putt

1 hour ago, Mr22putt said:

Hi Ace:

@FlyingAce

So what was wrong with your driver swing that got corrected by the instructor?

Your husband is correct....NM is at approximately 5000' elevation......so your ball will travel quite a bit further than what you find here in Vancouver at sea level or vacation i Hawaii.

So are you going to rent a place at Taos for 4 months?....skiing 70 times a season is A LOT of skiing....good for you....even $1600 for a pass is considered somewhat cheap still.

I thought you had bum knees that impede you from walking a lot with golf....wouldn't your bum knees affect your ability to ski and ski many times?

Huh...WTF....you spend $2000 each year on new skis???....you are so SPOILED......I guess HAPPY WIFE...HAPPY LIFE...is your husband's motto?.....or maybe he doesn't have a choice😁.......I haven't skied since 2005.....I think my last skis I bought in 1999???....were $300 and I think I installed my old bindings......what skis do you have now?

With local accommodations, ski passes, new ski equipment & apparel each year and high level private ski instructions...ya .....you may spend more on skiing vs. golf.....at this rate your husband may ask you to quit both and you can only play tennis on the free public tennis courts in NM without instructors.🤣 

In the past...my company bought ski teaching packages from Ski Escapes for customer entertainment....I hosted some customers up at Whistler....our instructors were Karen Stemmele and Lisa Savejari (sp??)....past Canadian ski Olympians....they were so crazy good even in retirement....at one point they were skiing backwards talking to us while instructing the group.

Based on the below link on ski ability from Whistler ski school....do you still consider yourself an intermediate skier? 

scenic_201901_johnentwistle_alpine024_60

Check your ability level to help you enroll in the right Whistler Blackcomb Snow School program. Play the videos to get an in-depth view of each ability le

My swing was fine. What changed was somehow my weight was on my toes, causing my body to dip forward at impact, catching the heel of the driver. Not sure why I was doing that but I did get new shoes a few weeks ago. As soon as I adjusted my weight distribution, everything was back to normal. I better still be able to hit at least 160 when I play at sea level or I am quitting golf😒😂

Yup, still have shoulder and knee pain after golf but that doesn’t stop me from playing. Neither will bad knees stop me from skiing. As soon as I see snow (or grass for golf), all pain goes away😅 Instead of golfing/skiing every day, I do every other day now. 

I am a level 5.5 in both skis and snowboard according to your link. I don’t ride parks and I don’t jump off cliffs. 

Here’s my quiver - I don’t have all in one photo. I got rid of 3 and narrowed it down to 5 pairs last season: Stockli Laser AX, Kastle MX Limited, Kastle MX84, Kastle MX89, Kastle FX96. I can probably add one more if we ever get more snow...

Less than 2 months of golf left for me. I am feeling sad - maybe I should go play 9 now...

Btw, I played Varsity tennis in high school and I have played enough tennis for my lifetime...

1EB36D89-BF97-4C9D-ACBE-D23AF90423C1.jpeg

6ED6B9F7-203B-4660-A0E9-F08BE87EBDB2.jpeg

Edited by FlyingAce

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Hi Ace

@FlyingAce

LOL....you're OUT OF CONTROL....5 pairs of skis and a 6th pair coming...that's whacked....just did a Google...and Kastle skis aren't cheap....so with bindings you have $10,000 worth of skis....let me guess....you have 3 ski boots in rotation.....let me guess you have 6-10 pairs of golf shoes....I have 4 pairs of golf shoes in rotation.

Didn't know you snowboard too....I have never snowboard....I wanted to find some friends who have never snowboard and try it once but that never happened.

If you consider yourself a 5.5 skier....and a 5,5 cap golfer....I think you're a better golfer than skier....I got my cap down to 6.7 recently and consider myself a far superior golfer vs. skier.

I'm a 5.5 skier too....my right leg paralysis and atrophy limits me from going up level because of the limits in my right foot movement.....my ski accident happened in 1987....I was surprised to even get back up on skis and even play golf too...I thought I'd walk the rest of my life with a cane....but I do wear a plastic ankle&foot orthtotic.

So are you working with an instructor to ski the steeps and tight moguls with more confidence?

Didn't know you played varsity HS golf...you're quite the little jockette.😁.........I still find it hard to believe you find it difficult to find regular golf partners or have golfers invite you to play....makes no sense to me. 

Edited by Mr22putt

2 hours ago, Mr22putt said:

Didn't know you played varsity HS golf...you're quite the little jockette.😁.........I still find it hard to believe you find it difficult to find regular golf partners or have golfers invite you to play....makes no sense to me. 

HS Varsity TENNIS, not golf.  

2 hours ago, Mr22putt said:

Hi Ace

@FlyingAce

LOL....you're OUT OF CONTROL....5 pairs of skis and a 6th pair coming...that's whacked....just did a Google...and Kastle skis aren't cheap....so with bindings you have $10,000 worth of skis....let me guess....you have 3 ski boots in rotation.....let me guess you have 6-10 pairs of golf shoes....I have 4 pairs of golf shoes in rotation.

Didn't know you snowboard too....I have never snowboard....I wanted to find some friends who have never snowboard and try it once but that never happened.

If you consider yourself a 5.5 skier....and a 5,5 cap golfer....I think you're a better golfer than skier....I got my cap down to 6.7 recently and consider myself a far superior golfer vs. skier.

I'm a 5.5 skier too....my right leg paralysis and atrophy limits me from going up level because of the limits in my right foot movement.....my ski accident happened in 1987....I was surprised to even get back up on skis and even play golf too...I thought I'd walk the rest of my life with a cane....but I do wear a plastic ankle&foot orthtotic.

So are you working with an instructor to ski the steeps and tight moguls with more confidence?

Kastle and Stockli are both very expensive but worth every penny! Lol you guessed WRONG! I only have one pair of ski boots. It is fitted and has a pair of very expensive insoles in there - I can only afford one pair so no point getting extra boots to rotate. I also only have 1 pair of golf shoes😂😂 They are regular walking shoes and I only switch out when they are worn.

Yup I do both, actually I was a better snowboarder until I started taking race clinic and got hooked!

I just finished 18 and shot an 81. I am happy with my score but I really struggled.  Lost my distance again😡 I have not shot double bogeys in a long time but had a few today. Oh well. Will try again tomorrow!

59 minutes ago, FlyingAce said:

Kastle and Stockli are both very expensive but worth every penny! Lol you guessed WRONG! I only have one pair of ski boots. It is fitted and has a pair of very expensive insoles in there - I can only afford one pair so no point getting extra boots to rotate. I also only have 1 pair of golf shoes😂😂 They are regular walking shoes and I only switch out when they are worn.

Yup I do both, actually I was a better snowboarder until I started taking race clinic and got hooked!

I just finished 18 and shot an 81. I am happy with my score but I really struggled.  Lost my distance again😡 I have not shot double bogeys in a long time but had a few today. Oh well. Will try again tomorrow!

Hi Ace:

Typo...I meant Varsity tennis....not golf.

Hmmmm...if you have custom ski boots with fitted sole orthtics....those puppies are worth a lot.

HUH....you only have one pair of golf shoes....is that because your husband keeps on tripping over your 50+ pairs of shoes in the walk-in closet and only gave you $100 for golf shoes.

In a way...I think golf shoes are a SCAM....I have golf in running shoes....not much difference for me...just a bit less traction....I've decided to go to Gortex trail running shoes to play golf in our winter MUCK.

So your instructor(s) are focused on teaching you gates....we did a clinic on gates at a charity Ronald McDonald House event at Whistler it was fun...the high level skiers and pros can really lean into those gates.

Are you back to hitting heels shots on your driver?.....contact is most critical.....on the face of recent TM drivers..... if your rub some water on the face and then hit a shot....you can see your impact.....I always want to know where I hit the club face on all shots.

Too bad your new club is so far away...you'd play more often if it was closer....the weather turned for the better today....so gonna do twilight later and more golf on Monday....Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow and rain.

Have you noticed my new avatar?....it's me 55 years ago🤣...find the attached video...it went viral....I think you've seen it before.....that missed putt cost me 2 skins.😁

Edited by Mr22putt
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Mr22putt said:

Have you noticed my new avatar?....it's me 55 years ago🤣...find the attached video...it went viral....I think you've seen it before.....that missed putt cost me 2 skins.😁

I do the same thing on punched greens.

4 minutes ago, Mr22putt said:

I assume most courses in Bellingham are getting aerated now?

Shuksan less than a week ago.  North Bell, Padden are mostly healed up.  Don't know about Homestead, Sudden Valley or Loomis Trail.

• Thumbs Up 1

This thread turned out to be quite an entertaining read..'Ski posers'.. lol! I guess vanity is the devil's favorite sin..

Edited by GolfLug
  • Like 1

Vishal S.

On 10/11/2020 at 6:41 PM, GolfLug said:

This thread turned out to be quite an entertaining read..'Ski posers'.. lol! I guess vanity is the devil's favorite sin..

Ya learn something new everyday....I never knew "Ski POSERS" existed.

In male dominated golf forums....it's great to have female forum members like @FlyingAce to share a few laughs with...she's a nice lady and a PLAYA too😁...it's great to read her posts of spending all her husband's money on all her expensive toys. 

Edited by Mr22putt
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Mr22putt said:

...it's great to read her posts of spending all her husband's money on all her expensive toys. 

LOL...I can get alot more expensive than this🤣🤣🤣

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, FlyingAce said:

LOL...I can get alot more expensive than this🤣🤣🤣

I'm sure you can....does that mean you are going to get fit for a new bag of Parson's POSER PXG clubs with the most expensive shaft upgrades....heck while you're at it...why not a new fitted Scotty.🤣

But I think your husband is saving a bit of cash...didn't you say you're not much of a clothes hound...some women's apparel can run up to $1000 per outfit...not including the shoes....I've seen some stupid expensive women's clothes at Par Tee Golf here...rich Asians are their target market.....lots of size 0 and 2's...LOL.

49 minutes ago, Mr22putt said:

I'm sure you can....does that mean you are going to get fit for a new bag of Parson's POSER PXG clubs with the most expensive shaft upgrades....heck while you're at it...why not a new fitted Scotty.🤣

But I think your husband is saving a bit of cash...didn't you say you're not much of a clothes hound...some women's apparel can run up to $1000 per outfit...not including the shoes....I've seen some stupid expensive women's clothes at Par Tee Golf here...rich Asians are their target market.....lots of size 0 and 2's...LOL.

I play fine with my 4 years old clubs - I don’t think expensive clubs/clothes would help with my game, so no thanks! I do have 3 Scotty already, no need for more either...I can, however, use a new car...so...😉

Here’s my pretty Scotty...

E537B974-EF86-4CFE-BB58-EFB86155CF87.jpeg

Edited by FlyingAce
  • Thumbs Up 2

11 hours ago, FlyingAce said:

I play fine with my 4 years old clubs - I don’t think expensive clubs/clothes would help with my game, so no thanks! I do have 3 Scotty already, no need for more either...I can, however, use a new car...so...😉

Here’s my pretty Scotty...

E537B974-EF86-4CFE-BB58-EFB86155CF87.jpeg

Ace:

That Scotty is way more than my clubs and you have 2 more Scotty's too:

My total bag is $497 Cdn or $375 US

All used equipment...but were in near mint condition when bought

$135 - M3 driver - bought it for $230 but sold the Tensei Blue shaft I didn't like...using a Speeder Evolution shaft that a friend gave me.

$65 - TM Rocketbladez Stage 2 3HL

$57 - Cally X Hot 3H & 4H 

$240 - Rocketbladez Tour irons 4-AW....but don't play the 4 or AW

Free - friend gave me some old 52* (bent to 49*) & 56* Vokey's that a friend gave to him

Free - won a Cleveland 53* 588 wedge that I won in a tournament in the late 90's

Free - my dad's 1970 Ping Anser....many other putters can't knock it permanently out of the bag. 

Hopefully your husband doesn't read this post and takes your golf allowance away.😁

59 minutes ago, Mr22putt said:

Ace:

That Scotty is way more than my clubs and you have 2 more Scotty's too:

My total bag is $497 Cdn or $375 US

All used equipment...but were in near mint condition when bought

$135 - M3 driver - bought it for $230 but sold the Tensei Blue shaft I didn't like...using a Speeder Evolution shaft that a friend gave me.

$65 - TM Rocketbladez Stage 2 3HL

$57 - Cally X Hot 3H & 4H 

$240 - Rocketbladez Tour irons 4-AW....but don't play the 4 or AW

Free - friend gave me some old 52* (bent to 49*) & 56* Vokey's that a friend gave to him

Free - won a Cleveland 53* 588 wedge that I won in a tournament in the late 90's

Free - my dad's 1970 Ping Anser....many other putters can't knock it permanently out of the bag. 

Hopefully your husband doesn't read this post and takes your golf allowance away.😁

I am not even going to total up the cost of my bag😅 

Thank goodness that of all the My Girl putters out there, only one caught my eyes so that’s all I am going to get...

• Thumbs Up 1

Note: This thread is 1162 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!