Vanman_1000

TaylorMade or Another Brand?

9 posts / 1418 viewsLast Reply

Hello, new member!! I am starting back playing golf after 10 yrs and wanted to buy some used clubs!! I did some research and was thinking about some taylormade irons!! I will go to a golf shop to get fitted but the Taylormade clubs are already on my mind!! I’m not getting the 2019 version because I just started back but thought about some clubs 2-3 yrs old!! I was thinking of the M2 or M CGB Taylormade irons or maybe something different!!! Any suggestions!!!

Edited by Vanman_1000

I really like my Cleveland TT588 irons(and wedges) got mine for 60% cheaper than retail new condition.. certainly well made game improvers 

Your question is like asking, “I want to buy a car, and am thinking about a Ford.  Are there any other options?”...

TM makes some very good/popular clubs.  So do Titleist, Mizuno, Srixon, Callaway, and a host of others.  All with several different models for differing needs.  My recommendation would be to keep an open mind, and find a fitter that will examine your game and show you a number of options that are best suited to you personally.

Welcome to the site!   :beer:

Edited by David in FL

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

If you haven't played in ten years I am guessing you are pretty rusty. I would get just a basic fitting to make sure the grip size, length, lie angle, and flex are in the ballpark. Then just pick out what looks good to your eye and your budget. If you are in the same category of irons (ie game improvement), the differences between brands will be minimal. If you like the look of TM, go that way. Don't over think it.

14 hours ago, Vanman_1000 said:

I will go to a golf shop to get fitted but the Taylormade clubs are already on my mind!!

I had the same feeling before being fit, I wanted Ping.   I went with an open mind and followed the numbers.   

I agree with what others have said above. Go with the numbers and what fits your eye at address  

I went for a fitting a week or so ago and was pretty much set on the new TaylorMade M6. Hit the M5 even better and then the Callaway Rogue even better than them. 

Followed the numbers and ordered the Callaway. 

On 4/27/2019 at 10:52 PM, Vanman_1000 said:

Hello, new member!! I am starting back playing golf after 10 yrs and wanted to buy some used clubs!! I did some research and was thinking about some taylormade irons!! I will go to a golf shop to get fitted but the Taylormade clubs are already on my mind!! I’m not getting the 2019 version because I just started back but thought about some clubs 2-3 yrs old!! I was thinking of the M2 or M CGB Taylormade irons or maybe something different!!! Any suggestions!!!

If you are just getting started again, and are into Taylormade, I might suggest going to RockbottomGolf.com and getting a set of RBladez 2.0. You can get a 7 iron set for $325.00.

I once got a set of these as rentals. I liked them.

They won't break your bank.

07tayrbld2ymrhstfst4pw07__07936.15561108

RBladez 2.0 The Speed Pocket That Changed The Iron Forever Features: Speed Pocket technology (4-7 iron) works with an advanced, ultra-thin face...

10 hours ago, ChetlovesMer said:

If you are just getting started again, and are into Taylormade, I might suggest going to RockbottomGolf.com and getting a set of RBladez 2.0. You can get a 7 iron set for $325.00.

I once got a set of these as rentals. I liked them.

They won't break your bank.

My buddy is a much better golfer than I am. He went to a pro to check numbers, get fitted, etc. Ended up with these clubs. All his numbers increased and he is now out of state at a tournament, loving them. Best, -Marv