Jump to content
KrisF

Good or Bad if Competitive Scores are Dropping?

55 posts / 2380 viewsLast Reply

Recommended Posts

11 hours ago, Shindig said:

The way handicaps work in the United States is your 20 most recent rounds are considered;  the ten best differentials are averaged (and multiplied by .96, but that isn't relevant).  So taking just your five best rounds isn't indicative.  

If you don't know your however many most recent rounds, start recording them going forward.  Start a spreadsheet in Google Docs;  record the date, score, and tees played.  Record the course rating and slope rating (these should be printed on the scorecard, or easily available at your club) for the tees you played.  If you scored over a 9 on any hole, compute what your score would be if you had a 9 on that hole instead. 

After you have a few of these, we can get your formula ready to have a more accurate estimate of your handicap.

You don't need to be a pro to have an official handicap.  You don't even need to have ever broken 110.  Just a desire to have one is enough to get least get an unofficial one.

Are your competitive rounds played net golf?  Most clubs have a net division for people who aren't regularly shooting near par. 

No net division, its either you control your nerves and win, or do the opposite.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Register for free today and you won't see this ad spot again!

57 minutes ago, KrisF said:

No net division, its either you control your nerves and win, or do the opposite.

Consider looking for a club that has handicap tournaments.  If 11.x is the average of your best rounds, you're probably going to enjoy the competition more when it's who played best compared to ability.  Look in particular for flights.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

14 hours ago, KrisF said:

No net division, its either you control your nerves and win, or do the opposite.

Nope, that’s incorrect too.

Its getting stranger by every post you make here. I think you first need to find out your true handicap. My guess is its more like 20-25 then 11. If you are a beginner, scores north of 110 during competitive rounds are not that strange (as a 20+). For instance if you are playing those competitive rounds on other (longer?, more difficult?) courses then you normally play. Or if you play them on your home course from longer tees. You are showing us not even half the picture, so answers to your question are a wild guess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On 7/19/2019 at 7:12 PM, KrisF said:

I never used an official GHIN one because I thought you had to be a Pro Golfer or something in the likes.

Now I'm getting it. Please go to the GHIN site and the Texas Golf Association site. Find out what your "home golf assn" is if you don't belong to a club that offers GHIN service (mine is the Fort Worth Golf Assn). Sign up for about $35 annually, start posting your scores,  and voila! your very own GHIN. Please do this; it's great and many benefits from TGA. Best, -Marv

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

15 hours ago, MacDutch said:

Nope, that’s incorrect too.

Its getting stranger by every post you make here. I think you first need to find out your true handicap. My guess is its more like 20-25 then 11. If you are a beginner, scores north of 110 during competitive rounds are not that strange (as a 20+). For instance if you are playing those competitive rounds on other (longer?, more difficult?) courses then you normally play. Or if you play them on your home course from longer tees. You are showing us not even half the picture, so answers to your question are a wild guess.

I refuse to show the full picture. I am not a beginner and I threw my old handicap out the window and I am done with doing handicaps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, KrisF said:

I refuse to show the full picture. I

Well then you can’t expect much from our answers. Look, this is just golf. It’s not some psychological, kool-aid drinkin’ social warfare experiment. If you’re just wanting some attention it will be limited. If you’re just trying to see how annoying you can be, it’s tiresome. Stop with the nonsense and let it go. There are some great people here and tons of good information. Enjoy it and/or learn from it. But come on man....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 minute ago, Vinsk said:

Well then you can’t expect much from our answers. Look, this is just golf. It’s not some psychological, kool-aid drinkin’ social warfare experiment. If you’re just wanting some attention it will be limited. If you’re just trying to see how annoying you can be, it’s tiresome. Stop with the nonsense and let it go. There are some great people here and tons of good information. Enjoy it and/or learn from it. But come on man....

First off, I do not intend to annoy. Secondly, I just want to see what people say, and get answers based off the question and the question only...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, KrisF said:

First off, I do not intend to annoy. Secondly, I just want to see what people say, and get answers based off the question and the question only...

That’s not gonna happen. When you ask if shooting tournament scores of no lower than 114 off an 11.2 is “good” you’re gonna get these answers.

You’re not an 11.2.

And as for the “question only” who the heck is gonna say “no it’s bad if your scores are improving”?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

3 minutes ago, iacas said:

That’s not gonna happen. When you ask if shooting tournament scores of no lower than 114 off an 11.2 is “good” you’re gonna get these answers.

You’re not an 11.2.

And as for the “question only” who the heck is gonna say “no it’s bad if your scores are improving”?

Well im looking for someone who had the same issue and there scores were gradually coming down in tournament golf but then it caused them to fail instead of improve.

And no im obviously not 11.2 in tournaments.

Edited by KrisF

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 7/19/2019 at 12:39 AM, KrisF said:

Note: My handicap isnt based off my competitive golf scores.

That's not how golf or your handicap in golf works. You can't just decide which scores get used for handicap and which scores get thrown under the rug if you want to be taken seriously. If you want to establish an actual real handicap I would suggest recording all rounds played, only exception to this imo is if you are going out to play a round and you want to practice something new and see how it works in a real world situation.

Good luck out there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, ShawnSum said:

That's not how golf or your handicap in golf works. You can't just decide which scores get used for handicap and which scores get thrown under the rug if you want to be taken seriously. If you want to establish an actual real handicap I would suggest recording all rounds played, only exception to this imo is if you are going out to play a round and you want to practice something new and see how it works in a real world situation.

Good luck out there.

At this rate, why would I even establish an actual handicap? Its quite obvious that I dont know how to do it. So, why keep bringing it up? Im done...

Just now, KrisF said:

At this rate, why would I even establish an actual handicap? Its quite obvious that I dont know how to do it. So, why keep bringing it up? Im done...

Every place I join searching for answers and no one understands me. I give up.

Edited by KrisF

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, KrisF said:

At this rate, why would I even establish an actual handicap? Its quite obvious that I dont know how to do it. So, why keep bringing it up? Im done...

It's really not that complicated, but since you insist on acting like it requires a doctorate degree or something similar I'm gonna chalk this entire post up to attention seeking. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, ShawnSum said:

It's really not that complicated, but since you insist on acting like it requires a doctorate degree or something similar I'm gonna chalk this entire post up to attention seeking. 

I think it does require a doctorate degree. With a psychological specialty. This individual needs serious help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, KrisF said:

Every place I join searching for answers and no one understands me. I give up.

What do they have in common man? You.

I told you to start a general “how do handicaps work?” topic. You aren’t doing it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

2 hours ago, KrisF said:

I refuse to show the full picture.

And for some reason:

2 hours ago, KrisF said:

Every place I join searching for answers and no one understands me. I give up.

This. Read these quotes from you. Again. Get it? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

3 hours ago, Vinsk said:

And for some reason:

This. Read these quotes from you. Again. Get it? 

Yep, I got big time psychological issues. 

Edited by KrisF

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, KrisF said:

Yep, I got big time psychological issues. 

You need to seek the help you need. Your aggressive and abrasive nature aren't working.

If you ARE just trolling, it's old already. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, leftybutnotPM said:

You need to seek the help you need. Your aggressive and abrasive nature aren't working.

If you ARE just trolling, it's old already. 

Like I said im not effing trolling, and yes I probably do need help

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...