IGNORED

How Many Wedges Do You Carry?

How many wedges do you carry?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. How many wedges do you carry?

• 0 - What's a wedge?
    • 1 - I have my trusty Niblick and that's all I need.
    • 2 - Doesn't matter which two, but you'd think it would be PW and SW
    • 3 - Very common set up through the 80's and 90's.
    • 4 - Its good to have options
    • 5 - More options or is it because your PW is so delofted you had to stick in another gap wedge?
    • 6 or more - If you answer this, you'd better explain why.

I carry three. My pitching wedge - 47*, a sand wedge - 55* and a lob wedge - 60*. I'm thinking about adding a 51* or 52* gap wedge though.

--------------------------------------------
In the Bag ()

Driver: MX-560 9.5* S
Woods: SQ2 15*Irons: VR-Forged CB 4-PWWedges: Vokey SM 54.08 X-Forged PM 60*Putter: White Steel RossieBall: Z-URS

46* Pw, 50* Gw, 56* Sw, 60* Lw

Driver: Superquad 9.5° - XS
3 Wood: Big Bertha II 15° - S
Irons: Mizuno MX-20
Wedges: Mizuno 50-06, 56-11, 60-05
Putter: Hog Mallet

See my signature

TEE - XCG6, 13º, Matrix Ozik HD6.1, stiff
Wilson Staff - Ci11, 3-SW, TX Fligthed, stiff

Odyssey - Metal X #7, 35in

Wilson Staff - FG Tour ball 

Always carry four
Driver-Taylor Made R7 460cc 10.5* Fujikara REAX Stiff
Fairway Wood-Taylor Made R7 Draw 15* Fujikara REAX Stiff
Hybrid Taylor Made 19* Rescue Mid Steel Stiff
4-PW-Golfsmith G40 TT Lite XL Stiff
GW-Ben Hogan Riviera 8* Bounce 50*SW-Ben Hogan Riviera Medium Bounce 56*LW-Cleveland 60* 588 ChromePutter-Taylo...

well, my first post....

I don't have a fancy signature yet either...so bear with me!

I used to carry four, but have recently made a change.

PW - part of my Mizuno Comp EZ set
GW - Cleveland 588 rusty, grooves nearly dead, replacement in mail, 4° bounce
LW - Titleist Vokey 58° with 8° bounce that can also be used from Sand

I use my PW as the proverbial "10-iron", however I often choose to hit this club with a 3/4 swing rather than hitting a "full" GW. I seem to make more errors swinging the GW in a full swing.

I typically use my GW for almost ALL shots around the green. When I get my new one with better grooves I'll be very happy...where is that UPS van!!

I use the Vokey for flop and drop stuff, pitching over bunkers, trees, etc, or when I'm shortsided. I've also started using it from the sand.

Just ditched my Ping SW (perimeter weighted model with loads of bounce) as I've been able to reliably use my vokey from the Sand.

I now only have 13 clubs in my bag! What do I add? What a cool dilemma.

In my Golf Bag:

Driver: W-506 10.5°, Mitsubishi Rayon 59g, Stiff, High Bp
3-Metal: Eye-O-Matic, Aldila NV-S, Stiff
Hybrid: Rescue Mid 3, 19°, StiffIrons: 3-PW CompEZ, TrueTemper Dynamic Gold, S300Wedges: CG-10 46°, Vokey 58°Putter: Zing2Ball: Pro V1x (only if they are...

PW 45 and GW 50 that came with my set. I also carry a 58 Vokey. I am looking to add a 54 to fill the gap between my Gap Wedge and SW. I do have a 52 Cleveland GW and a 56 Vokey in my garage. I carried the Cleveland last year, but it became expendable when my new irons came with a GW. The 56 Vokey was an impulse buy on ebay. I got it cheap, but it's only in mediocre shape. I'll probably put both on ebay and see if I can get anything for them.
Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

I have 3 - 44 degree PW, 56 degree SW, and 60 degree LW. Thinking of dumping my 5-wood and getting a 48-52 degree Gap wedge. At my handicap I think I will use a Gap wedge far more often and with better results than I use my 5-wood (which is just 1 degee of loft off from my 3-iron, which I actually have less trouble hitting straight).

Or maybe I can dump the 3-wood and 5-wood and get a Gap wedge and a hybrid of some sort that I can hit around 200-210 yds.

Driver: SasQuatch 10.5°, Stiff Flex
Woods: Grand Slam 3-wood & 5-wood
Irons: TPS 7.0 3I-PW
Wedges: 56° sand wedge & 60° lob wedge
Putter: White Hot #6

two. Im the master of blasting my SW for an extra 10, and also the master of the PW knock down. My short game is obviously the crown jewel of my golf game.

This allows me to carry more high irons, a hybrid as well as a 3W to help my needy long game. I'm only 5'7" so I have trouble with distance.

In The Huffer:

Driver: Superquad 10.5* Aldila NV-S Shaft
3w: 975 F
Hybrid: 22 Degree Baffler Multimetal3-PW: LCG Burner IronsSW: 56 Degree 588 GunmetalPutter: DfX No 2Balls: ALWAYS NXT Tour #3's, or NXT Extreme #3'sHome Course: Glenmoor Country Club: Jack Nicklaus Signature Course. 7015...

anyone that carries a 2 iron or even 3 iron now and has more than 5 degrees gap between their PW and SW is just hurting themselves. I did the math on how many shots I hit with my 3 iron and 2 iron compared to 110-120 yards and it was an easy decision. Got a hybrid to cover the other two and stepped up my lofts to have 4 wedges...

I am in complete agreement with this. I carry four wedges for the same reason. I rarely find myself with 230 yard shots that are effected by the gap between my 3-Hybrid and 3-Wood. However, I have a ton of shots from 125 or less and having four wedges allows me to take more "full" swings.

In my bag:

Driver: FT-3 10° Diamana Blueboard 63 Stiff
Fairway: 904F 15° Purple Ice 75 Stiff
Fairway: 904F 19° YS-6+ StiffHybrid: Idea A2 20° Aldila NV 85 StiffIrons: Silver Scot Forged MB 4-PW, Rifle 6.0 ShaftsGap Wedge: Silver Scot Forged 52Sand/Lob Wedge: Vokey SM 58.12 Put...

I am in complete agreement with this. I carry four wedges for the same reason. I rarely find myself with 230 yard shots that are effected by the gap between my 3-Hybrid and 3-Wood. However, I have a ton of shots from 125 or less and having four wedges allows me to take more "full" swings.

Yes, I think you have a good point about having something more than a 4 degree difference between the pitching and sand wedge. There are times when I get between the two clubs on the fairway and have to ease up on a pitching wedge or try to hit the sand wedge harder. I try to avoid that yardage but will hit it on occasion. It would be nice to take a normal swing with another club instead. I think I can get rid of a hybrid and put in a 4th wedge, which in my case would mean having a 48-52-56-60 set of wedges.

Driver: Taylor Made  Rocketballz Stage 2
3 wood: Rocketballz Stage 2
4 wood: Rocketballz Stage 2
Hybrids: Cleveland 20 and 23.5 degree
Irons: Mizuno MP57 5-7, Mizuno MP62 8-9 Wedges: Mizuno MP62 Pitching Wedge, 49 degree,  Titleist Vokey SM4  55.13 (bent from 56.14) Sand Wedge, Titleist Vokey SM4 60.10 Lob wedge

45* Pw
50* Gw
52* Gw
56* Sw

:tmade: R15 14* Matrix Black Tie 7m3

:adams: Speedline Super S 3w & 5w Matrix Radix HD S VI

:callaway: X-12 4-PW Memphis 10

IONNOVEX  Type S GDT 50*, 54* & 62* Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage Black 80ir

:odyssey: Tri-Ball SRT

-Landon

i just bought a vokey 9/10 condition for only 50 bucks! It's my only wedge so far and I love it. I think I'll get a matching 60 degree too!
in the bag:
R580XD 10.5°
Rescue Dual 19°
Titleist 755 4-PW
Vokey Black Nickel 54.10° Vokey Oil Can 60.08° Circa 62 No. 2 Charcoal Mist

I carry 3 wedges plus the PW at the moment. They are Adams Tom Watson 52, 56 & 60. Have been thinking of dropping back to 2 and getting 54 & 58 loft wedges.

4. Unless you play a long course, these are your scoring clubs. Bomb your drive and have a wedge ready from wherever you land!

In the Staff bag:
D1
906F 15.5º
585H 19º
AP2 4-gw 56º & 60º Tiger Woods Newport Art of Putting 2.0 Pro Platinum

I'm getting a fourth today. I have a PW at 45, and the others are 56 and 60. Although I'm not bad at making a 3/4 wedge shot, I'd still prefer to use a full swing. And, I almost never use my 5 wood, since the distance gap between that and my 3 iron is pretty much zero.
"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

I have 1 wedge atm, a 54 degree. I am looking around to see if I can get a 60 degree for close chipping.
In My Bag:
Driver: Cobra F Speed 10.5°, Aldila NV 55g Regular
3 Wood: Cobra F Speed 15°, Aldila NV 55g Regular
Irons: Cobra 2300 I/M 3-PW
Wedge: Cobra M 54°Putter: Yes! SophiaBall: TaylorMade TP Red

4 wedges

PW Taylor Made RAC MB
53* Cleveland Tour Action 588 Chrome
56* Cleveland Tour Action 588 BuCu
60* Cleveland Tour Action 588 Gunmetal

I'm not picky when it comes to finishes, but I love 588s.

i just reasently got the spin milled wedge and their awsome. i got 52, 56, 60. what people dont relize is how important wedges are they can shave lots of strokes