IGNORED

NCAA Basketball - 2019-2020

rehmwa
Note: This thread is 1616 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

The Fooball thread is busy.  But basketball season is starting.  Is it too early to open a thread? - all the teams are working through their pre-season cupcakes and padding the stats.......

Except Kansas - hahahahahahahahahaha!

No padding that win loss record so far... (with that many turnovers, though, and still staying close, could Duke be on the decline even with a win?)

Speak up if you will.

Bill - 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

MSU started #1 but I didn't see that was deserved.   They will be the best in the B1G but that isn't saying too much.  

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

4 hours ago, dennyjones said:

MSU started #1 but I didn't see that was deserved.   They will be the best in the B1G but that isn't saying too much.  

Get @saevel25 in here. The guy is an absolute god of a statistician! 😃

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

My wildcats didn’t look to bad. Maxey is going to be a great player, and the defense should be one of the best in country.  Could be number 1 for a while after that in over mich state.

Driver: :tmade: R11S (9 degree)
Woods: :tmade: R11 3 (15.5 degree) & 5 (19 degree)
Irons: :tmade: R11 4-AW
Wedges: :tmade: ATV 54 & 60 degree
Putter: :scotty_cameron: 2012 Newport 2
Ball: :titleist: ProV1
Rangefinder: :bushnell: Tour V2

1 hour ago, Vinsk said:

Get @saevel25 in here. The guy is an absolute god of a statistician! 😃

I'm not well versed in NCAA basketball analytics. 

5 hours ago, dennyjones said:

Kenpom is a pretty smart guy. check out his rankings. 

MSU got to the final four last year and they probably return their whole team. Yea, Wikipedia says they lost three guys off their team. 

Early offseason rankings[edit]

In April 2019, most early pollsters listed Michigan State as the No. 1 team in the country for the 2019–20 season. These included ESPN (No. 1),[22] Sports Illustrated (No. 1),[23] Yahoo! Sports (No. 1),[24] USA Today(No. 1),[25] NBC Sports (No. 1),[26] CBS Sports (No. 1),[27] and Bleacher Report (No. 1).[28] Only the Sporting News failed to list MSU No. 1 instead listing them as No. 2.[29]

In a poll of over 100 college basketball coaches conducted by CBS Sports, the Spartans were picked to win the 2020 National Championship, receiving a record 54% of the votes.[30] Cassius Winston was selected as the best player for the season, receiving a record 50% of the votes.[31]

Probably the biggest reason is they might have one of the best players in the country on a team that return most of their experience from a final four team from last year. 

Yea, I will be the first to admit the B10 isn't that strong this year. The ACC looks to be stacked this year. 

B10 has 6 in the top 3, but only 4 in the top 20. 

OSU has a nasty schedule this year facing, Villanova, North Carolina, and Kentucky as non-season opponents. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

6 hours ago, rehmwa said:

The Fooball thread is busy.  But basketball season is starting.  Is it too early to open a thread? - all the teams are working through their pre-season cupcakes and padding the stats.......

Except Kansas - hahahahahahahahahaha!

No padding that win loss record so far... (with that many turnovers, though, and still staying close, could Duke be on the decline even with a win?)

Speak up if you will.

I despise Duke. Especially ever since Laitner hit that buzzer beater against NC in...1992? 

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

I'm a lifelong Kentucky fan.  I'll have to admit I was pleasantly surprised with what I saw from them in the Michigan State game.  They played very good defense and Maxey played like an All American ( for at least that one game).  Hope springs eternal in Wildcat Country. 

• Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, Philco said:

I'm a lifelong Kentucky fan.  I'll have to admit I was pleasantly surprised with what I saw from them in the Michigan State game.  They played very good defense and Maxey played like an All American ( for at least that one game).  Hope springs eternal in Wildcat Country. 

I started watching that one as it was a headliner - but I can't stand Dick Vitale.  So I had to switch it off.  I didn't want to take a chance of accidently un-muting and hearing his voice.

• Like 2

Bill - 

2 minutes ago, rehmwa said:

I started watching that one as it was a headliner - but I can't stand Dick Vitale.  So I had to switch it off.  I didn't want to take a chance of accidently un-muting and hearing his voice.

Believe me I do understand !   😩

• Upvote 1

One of the top players in country, and maybe the 1st pick in the spring draft is ineligible.  Wiseman at Memphis, so glad he didn’t come to UK.

BOOM! OSU drops Villanova by 25 points, and had at one point a 30 point lead in the game! 

In the first week of December they got North Carolina followed by Kentucky before Christmas. Great non-conference schedule for Ohio State this year!

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:

I’m a big UK fan, but after Evansville game we shouldn’t scare anyone.  They played without heart and our 2 to 3 bigs all suck

• 3 weeks later...

It's going to be an interesting season for Michigan.   They have put together some very good play and beat Creighton, North Carolina and Gonzaga.    Tomorrow they are playing Louisville in Louisville.    That's a tough schedule. 

14 minutes ago, dennyjones said:

It's going to be an interesting season for Michigan.   They have put together some very good play and beat Creighton, North Carolina and Gonzaga.    Tomorrow they are playing Louisville in Louisville.    That's a tough schedule. 

Yep, they got some good quality wins early. 

I am hoping that OSU puts a beating on UNC on Wednesday. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

Maybe the B10 will be better than I thought.   3,4,6 and 11 but it's early.    I'll be impressed come the tournament.

OSU came out and trashed UNC last night, 74 to 49! 

Some awesome facts from the game
1. OSU Became just the 4th team ever to beat two top 10 teams by 25 points in the same season. 
2. It was the 2nd largest of victory against UNC at UNC in school history.
3. OSU held UNC to their lowest field goal percentage ever at home. 
4. OSU out rebounded UNC 48 to 32! EFFORT!!! 

If you tell me that OSU beat UNC team when Kaleb Wesson only had 10 points I would have said no way. This team has way more options to go to than a year ago. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

Note: This thread is 1616 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!