IGNORED

Phil Mickelson Skipping Phoenix to Play in Saudi Arabia

iacas
Note: This thread is 1568 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

On 12/6/2019 at 9:09 AM, mcanadiens said:

Is anyone actually suggesting that it ought to be illegal for Phil to play golf for the despot?

People have to make decisions about who they want to do business with. Even in my fairly humble trade, I've had to weigh the idea of taking a piece of work with whether I wanted to be associated with the person offering it.

Clearly, there is no serious thought about its legality, but harsh criticism is warranted here. 

Yeah! This seems sleazy at best. Makes me wonder just how much appearance money they are offering him! But, no matter the amount, the decision to make the deal speaks volumes about his character. 

I remember hearing years ago, on the radio, an ex-ESPN telecaster talk about both Tiger and Phil coming to Bristol to do what they call the "car wash". They visit every department and film a commercial or 2. He said Tiger couldn't have been more accommodating, while Phil was nothing but petulant and whiny!

On 12/6/2019 at 9:38 AM, DeadMan said:

This is not a valid comparison. Lawyers need to represent bad guys so the adversarial system still works. The only way a regular person can have faith that the system isn't rigged against them is to have people represent and defend bad people. Phil is not a lawyer defending a client. 

Exactly! My Cousin's Son was a lawyer in Texas. Big law firm, big reputation, big money. But, in Texas, your name goes into a hat on occasion, and you may be called on to act as a public defender. You can be tasked with defending the scum of the earth to the best of your abilities! And don't think about throwing the case. You will be observed, and if your conduct is called into question, you could wind up facing charges!  

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrator

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

On 1/3/2020 at 7:34 AM, iacas said:

After the latest in the middle east, I'm surprised more golfers aren't reneging.   Maybe they aren't taking Iran too seriously.

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

11 minutes ago, dennyjones said:

After the latest in the middle east, I'm surprised more golfers aren't reneging.   Maybe they aren't taking Iran too seriously.

Iran spelled backwards is Hiroshima    :-D

Seriously though, that region isn’t  a good place for any American, let alone a high profile American, to be in the foreseeable future…

• Like 1

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

• Administrator

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Note: This thread is 1568 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!