IGNORED

Hello from Northern Germany

Acemyass
Note: This thread is 1598 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'm Philipp, 34yo and just by accident picked up golf.  😀

Our local pro gave a cheap introduction course and now I'm hooked. My uncle sponsored me his old  (but still in good condition) clubs and off I go.

Searched the web for a forum and yours seem to be quite good! Hope to see you on the course!

Welcome from Massachusetts. I spent a lot of time in Bremen about 10 years ago. Didn't get to see much of the country side because I was working, but it was nice.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 hour ago, boogielicious said:

Welcome from Massachusetts. I spent a lot of time in Bremen about 10 years ago. Didn't get to see much of the country side because I was working, but it was nice.

Thanks! Bremen is a nice smallish large city. I'm a big Werder fan. I live 20 miles from Bremen away. Hope you enjoyed your time there.

48 minutes ago, Acemyass said:

Thanks! Bremen is a nice smallish large city. I'm a big Werder fan. I live 20 miles from Bremen away. Hope you enjoyed your time there.

I mostly just worked. But one trip I was there most of December. I went to the Weihnachtsmarkt every day, which was right next to the hotel. I must say I got tired of it. :-P

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

2 hours ago, Acemyass said:

I live 20 miles from Bremen away.

I spend a couple weeks near Bremen when I was with the US Army.  Spend most of my 4 year in Germany, in Augsburg.

Beautiful country, but, don't remember seeing many golf courses..... But - there is over 700 courses in Germany !!

Remember - Just enjoy yourself and have fun with it !!!!!!

Remember when reading posts...…. Communication: 80% Body Language; 15% Tone & 5% Actual Words
We'd all be best selling authors if we could communicate in the written word as well as we would like.

:aimpoint:    :bushnell:    :sunmountain:   :ogio:   :titleist:
:mizuno:  Mizuno ST180 Driver
:ping:  Ping G400 fairway 3 
:cleveland:  Cleveland HB Launcher Iron set  4-PW  50/56/60 CBX Wedges
:callaway:  64 Calloway Lob Wedge
 :scotty_cameron:    Scotty Camron GOLO 3

(edited)
50 minutes ago, IowaGreg said:

I spend a couple weeks near Bremen when I was with the US Army.  Spend most of my 4 year in Germany, in Augsburg.

Beautiful country, but, don't remember seeing many golf courses..... But - there is over 700 courses in Germany !!

Remember - Just enjoy yourself and have fun with it !!!!!!

I've actually never been to Augsburg, but in southern Germany there is a enjoyable countryside indeed! 

Yes, Germany actually has quite a lot of golf courses. But the vast majority of them are private. It's a shame in Germany with it's club system. You have to be a member of random club to play greenfee golf in another club. It's not like in the US, or Denmark, or Spain (these are the places I've been to to play golf), where just about anybody can drive to his local club and play some golf for greenfee. 

Here you have to pay some club membership costs, which are often quite high plus you often have to pay a down payment. It is so to keep the simple minded foot soldiers away from the golf courses. Golfing in Germany is said to be something elite. When I tell a friend that I golf he usually gives me a strange glimpse.

Just recently some clubs are opening their doors for the people. I hope it continues and golf hopefully will change its status here in Germany.

Edited by Acemyass
Some grammar

5 hours ago, Acemyass said:

Just recently some clubs are opening their doors for the people. I hope it continues and golf hopefully will change its status here in Germany.

There are more and more private courses in the US that are allowing non-members to join for a day.   The courses need the revenue dollars.

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

Welcome to TST.

Greetings from your German speaking 'neighbor', however I live in Dallas, TX now.

Nave

7 hours ago, Nave said:

Welcome to TST.

Greetings from your German speaking 'neighbor', however I live in Dallas, TX now.

Thanks, that's funny. My aunt lives in Dallas as well. Wie komme es, dass Du Deutsch sprichst? German is a difficult language to learn!

3 hours ago, geo63 said:

I was telling my 95 year old neighbor about you. She lived in Bremen from 1924 until 1951. 

Oh wow, that was well before my time. But she obviously is from a hanse town. People of these cities are said to be very good  merchants resp. own the traits which make a good merchant. Tell her I said Hi!

Note: This thread is 1598 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!