IGNORED

Braces Next Week!

dagolfer18
Note: This thread is 1554 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Alright y’all. There’s something I’ve known for a while, and I haven’t been looking forward to it at all. I’m getting braces, early in the morning, 7:00AM. Has anybody had braces, and if so, how is it?

WITB:
Woods: Cleveland Launcher (Driver, 17 degree, 22 degree)
Irons: Titleist T200 (4-PW)
Wedges: Callaway Jaws (50/54/60)
Putter: Odyssey White Hot

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

Yeah, 25 years ago.

On the bright side, if you had a gum habit, that'll be easy to kick.

On the down side, you'll drool a lot the first week.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

21 minutes ago, iacas said:

Yeah, 25 years ago.

On the bright side, if you had a gum habit, that'll be easy to kick.

On the down side, you'll drool a lot the first week.

A gum habit? Like what?

WITB:

Had braces when i was 15. You get used to them but you'll hurt for a while after each tightening. I had top and bottom to straighten them out then a retainer for about a year.

Make sure you get the little pointy toothbrush to clean around your braces.

Russ, from "sunny" Yorkshire = :-( 

In the bag: Driver: Ping G5 , Woods:Dunlop NZ9, 4 Hybrid: Tayormade Burner, 4-SW: Hippo Beast Bi-Metal , Wedges: Wilson 1200, Putter: Cleveland Smartsquare Blade, Ball: AD333

1 hour ago, RussUK said:

Make sure you get the little pointy toothbrush to clean around your braces.

You'll be better served to get a very good Oral B electric toothbrush.  

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

I had them when I was 18. When they came off I didn't wear the retainer, and they just went back to the way they were. 27 years later I decided to do it again, only this time do it right. After lots of research about the different options, (Invisalign, traditional, incognito) I decided to go with traditional braces. The technology of traditional braces is 100X better than the first time through. 50% less time. 75% less pain when adjusted. I think the brackets are 50% smaller, if not at least 30%. No more anchor bands needed on the back teeth. I've had them off for a year now, and it still amazes me how efficient we can chew food when our teeth are straight. For those of you who were born with straight teeth, when you get your braces off you can chew your food with less bites than when they were crooked. For anyone considering this keep this in mind. Invisalign's claims of being faster than traditional braces are based off you wearing the retainers at least 22 hrs./day. Think about that. Anything you put in your mouth, besides water, you must brush your teeth before putting the retainer back in. Also, there's nothing "invisible" about Invisalign, especially when they add the "bumps" on your teeth. More $$$ too.

• Administrator

I did Invisalign. Couldn’t be happier. There’s a topic about it here somewhere.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Just got my braces this morning! I’ve taken two doses of Ibuprofen just to help with the soreness that might come with it. Soreness did come. It was in third period, somewhere around 1:30. I had just taken my second dose about an hour before, so it took some of the edge off. But it still wasn’t pleasant. Eating has become more difficult. I had a chicken sandwich for lunch, and just ate little pieces at a time in fear of getting something caught between the wires. I’m just looking forward to getting them off! That will probably be sometime in the early part of my senior year (2021-22).

WITB:

It's worth the inconvenience.  Take care of your teeth now when you're young.

In the UK, however, they refer to suspenders as braces.

TaylorMade 300___307cc driver, 13.5°                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      Top Flite Titanium Intimidator 400___3, 5, 7, 9 woods                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          Mizuno Fli Hi II___driving iron                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              Titleist T300___7, 8, 9, PW, AW, GW                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      Titleist SM6___LW                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      Tad Moore Chicopee___putter                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              Titleist Pro V1x___ball

On 1/3/2020 at 4:04 PM, iacas said:

How crooked were your teeth? Did you need bumps? How many hours a day are you wearing them? I had Invisalign retainers after I got my braces off, and went back after 2 weeks to get them switched out for traditional wire retainers. Another fault of Invisalign, is when the retainers cut into your gums you can't just throw some wax on until you build up a callus. You have to go back to the Ortho and get them adjusted. Did another company by Invisalign? I was at the dentist yesterday and noticed a pamphlet that had a different name on. It started with an "S" I think.

• Administrator
23 minutes ago, TRUCKER said:

How crooked were your teeth?

I have one of the most crowded mouths my orthodontist has ever seen, and I'm already down 13 teeth, including top and bottom incisors and one on the bottom middle. Very crooked.

23 minutes ago, TRUCKER said:

Did you need bumps?

Yeah. But two little bumps that aren't always visible are way, way, WAY better than actual metal braces IMO.

22 minutes ago, TRUCKER said:

Another fault of Invisalign, is when the retainers cut into your gums you can't just throw some wax on until you build up a callus.

I never had that issue.

I wore them from after dinner until morning.

53 minutes ago, iacas said:

I have one of the most crowded mouths my orthodontist has ever seen, and I'm already down 13 teeth, including top and bottom incisors and one on the bottom middle. Very crooked.

Yeah. But two little bumps that aren't always visible are way, way, WAY better than actual metal braces IMO.

I never had that issue.

I wore them from after dinner until morning.

After dinner until morning? You're never going to get those things off...:bugout:

• Administrator
1 hour ago, TRUCKER said:

After dinner until morning? You're never going to get those things off...:bugout:

I had them for two years and have been on a retainer ever since. The retainer I wear a few nights a week.

Actually less than that. 36 sets? Two weeks at first and then weekly toward the end. 20 months?

Somehow it seems appropriate that a discussion of braces is in the grill room.

(I did invisalign.)

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

On 1/3/2020 at 7:04 PM, iacas said:

I would do it again. Easy and effective. And if you need to you can take them off for a bit (like a job interview).

Note: This thread is 1554 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!