IGNORED

New GHIN… First Impressions?

Sandy Lie
Note: This thread is 1582 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

2 minutes ago, David in FL said:

And that’s exactly the point.  The vast majority won’t care.  They’ll post NDB off the scorecard.  Hell, the vast majority won’t even know or care if there’s the possibility of a difference.

I've said it before, I believe that the folks who didn't know better, or who simply didn't care to do it right will continue to do things wrong.  There's not a thing in the world that can FORCE them to do things right.  But the people who DO want to do things right will figure it out.  And GHIN has provided a method to help them to get it "more right" than they have in the past, and to cope better with the change to maximum hole score.

• Like 1

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Its been a long time since I posted on TST, so I thought when my app updated yesterday, I better log in and see what all this is about. 

My only knock is that they removed the totals at the bottom of the screen (at least in Florida) showing total number of rounds over the last 12 months and avg score.

Unfortunately, I only played 25 rounds in 2019. Way down from my 200 rounds in 2015. Life changed a little but I still enjoy playing when I do.

GHIN is catching up with some of the old software I used to use including one @iacas created where I used to log my FIR, GIR, and every stat that could fit on one scorecard. Looking forward to the new WHS format.

• Like 1

Kyle Paulhus

If you really want to get better, check out Evolvr

:callaway: Rogue ST 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

Career Low Round: 67 (18 holes), 32 (9 holes)

43 minutes ago, kpaulhus said:

Its been a long time since I posted on TST, so I thought when my app updated yesterday, I better log in and see what all this is about. 

My only knock is that they removed the totals at the bottom of the screen (at least in Florida) showing total number of rounds over the last 12 months and avg score.

Unfortunately, I only played 25 rounds in 2019. Way down from my 200 rounds in 2015. Life changed a little but I still enjoy playing when I do.

GHIN is catching up with some of the old software I used to use including one @iacas created where I used to log my FIR, GIR, and every stat that could fit on one scorecard. Looking forward to the new WHS format.

Welcome back, Kyle!  

Dave

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 

5 hours ago, DaveP043 said:

To me, when you compare level of effort required, many people will find it more difficult to manually adjust properly for the Net Double maximum hole score, at least at first.  I think it will actually be easier for many to use the hole by hole entry.  Now that I've seen the interface, it really is a matter of hitting 18 fairly large keys on your phone.  For comparison, consider entering a phone number, 10 digits.  Entering 18 holes will take slightly longer, then a quick check on 9 and 18 hole totals, then post.  As @iacas suggests, I don't expect this to add more than 20 seconds to the process, probably less.

Grandpa Simpson.jpg

• Like 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

No more “T” scores here in the U.S.   It’s now a “C” (competition) score.  When 9-hole rounds combine, the score is now identified as “N”.

Edited by David in FL

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

(edited)
11 minutes ago, David in FL said:

No more “T” scores here in the U.S.   It’s now a “C” (competition) score.  When 9-hole rounds combine, the score is now identified as “N”.

Exactly.  And the C scores aren't subject to any specific review within the WHS calculation method, a chance from the previous USGA T-Score evaluation.  That has been replaced by the evaluation for Exceptional Scores, which is applied to every score posted.  If I remember right, @iacas mentioned that he had seen some data regarding the potential effect of this change, but I don't remember seeing it posted here.  

I should mentioned, the Handicap Committee will be able to generate reports of C Scores and compare those with a player's overall performance.  That's the reason there will still be a classification like that, for use by the Committee.

Edited by DaveP043

Dave

Note: This thread is 1582 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!