NHpro

Anyone still playing Golfsmith clubs?

5 posts / 847 viewsLast Reply

I recently went back to the Golfsmith Tour Model IV irons, and have improved my iron shot making.

Is there anyone else playing Golfsmith component clubs?

golfsmith.jpg

Still have a set of clubs from they, just the heads now. Also have a 60* Snake Eyes lob wedge I put in the bag for a while this year. When Tom there I bought a lot of equipment there. It all went to junior golf and to the local Vet for their Wounded Warriors Program. 

Yes, I play all Snake Eyes clubs except for Driver (Callaway), Putter )Scotty Cameron) and Sand Wedge (Callaway Sure Out).  Love them.

I actually just reshafted my old mixed set of Professional Grind blade PW-7 and Tour Cavity Forged 6i-4i. They felt great hitting into the net in my driveway, but I blew out my back before I could take them to the course. :(  

19 hours ago, exCartboy said:

I actually just reshafted my old mixed set of Professional Grind blade PW-7 and Tour Cavity Forged 6i-4i. They felt great hitting into the net in my driveway, but I blew out my back before I could take them to the course. 😞 

I have a renewed love affair with my old Golfsmith Tour Model IV irons. I hit them very well but I am planning on getting the loft adjusted and made just a bit stronger by 1-2 deg. My ball flight on the 7,8,9,PW,SW is too high and I could use more distance as well.

Have you rested the back enough to get out on the course yet?