IGNORED

Anyone Still Playing Golfsmith Clubs?

Note: This thread is 823 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I recently went back to the Golfsmith Tour Model IV irons, and have improved my iron shot making.

Is there anyone else playing Golfsmith component clubs?

golfsmith.jpg

Still have a set of clubs from they, just the heads now. Also have a 60* Snake Eyes lob wedge I put in the bag for a while this year. When Tom there I bought a lot of equipment there. It all went to junior golf and to the local Vet for their Wounded Warriors Program. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

I actually just reshafted my old mixed set of Professional Grind blade PW-7 and Tour Cavity Forged 6i-4i. They felt great hitting into the net in my driveway, but I blew out my back before I could take them to the course. :(  

19 hours ago, exCartboy said:

I actually just reshafted my old mixed set of Professional Grind blade PW-7 and Tour Cavity Forged 6i-4i. They felt great hitting into the net in my driveway, but I blew out my back before I could take them to the course. 😞 

I have a renewed love affair with my old Golfsmith Tour Model IV irons. I hit them very well but I am planning on getting the loft adjusted and made just a bit stronger by 1-2 deg. My ball flight on the 7,8,9,PW,SW is too high and I could use more distance as well.

Have you rested the back enough to get out on the course yet?

• 1 month later...

My back-up irons are Golfsmith Tour Cavity, forged version. I believe Scott Verplank played this model about 20 years ago before switching to TaylorMade. 

What's in the bag:
Driver: TaylorMade Rocketballz (non-adjustable), 10.5 degrees, stock graphite shaft R flex
Hybrids: Kasco, 17 and 25 degrees, stock graphite shafts
Irons: Golfsmith Tour Cavity Forged, 4-PW, graphite shafts R, 2 degrees upright
Wedges: TaylorMade Black Oxide, 52, 56, and 60 degrees, graphite shafts
Putter: Rife Barbados w/SuperStroke grip 
Ball: Bridgestone RXS

On 6/30/2020 at 6:15 PM, exCartboy said:

I actually just reshafted my old mixed set of Professional Grind blade PW-7 and Tour Cavity Forged 6i-4i. They felt great hitting into the net in my driveway, but I blew out my back before I could take them to the course. 😞 

Be careful with your back, I've had three back surgeries, (L5S1), but I'm now back to playing with the doctor's permission, so far so good. Let us know how you are doing. I know it is your decision but I would recommend a neurosurgeon versus and orthopedic doctor if it is really bad. 

• 2 months later...
On 11/4/2020 at 3:27 PM, Gary Taylor said:

I play Golfsmith Tour Cavity Forged Irons almost exclusively.  I used to jump around to different irons, but I found these are just the best ones.  I've tried 'em all. 

Those are a great iron to play. When you find a good club stick with it.

Did you build this set yourself?

• iacas changed the title to Anyone Still Playing Golfsmith Clubs?
  • 7 months later...
  • 5 months later...

My friend and I built me a set of tour cavity irons (4-pw) nearly 20yrs ago paired with rifle 6.0 shafts. As a 5 handicapper and 20yrs of trying 20 sets of different clubs, these tour cavity irons are the best. They’ve aged really well too. My only regret is I wish we would’ve built a 3 iron with my set, I’ve had a really difficult time trying to find one now. 

I don’t really play it, but I have a Golfsmith limited edition USS Enterprise putter I really like as a “thing to have…”.  I should probably game it sometime…

• 2 weeks later...

Golfsmith P2. Have 2 built sets and another set of heads.

KIMG1164.thumb.JPG.f404b9231f086a3a7335125e506afad3.JPG

• Thumbs Up 2

:tmade: R15 14* Matrix Black Tie 7m3

:adams: Speedline Super S 3w & 5w Matrix Radix HD S VI

:callaway: X-12 4-PW Memphis 10

IONNOVEX  Type S GDT 50*, 54* & 62* Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage Black 80ir

:odyssey: Tri-Ball SRT

-Landon

Note: This thread is 823 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!