IGNORED

Push Cart Where Bag Stands Upright?

Note: This thread is 1339 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

There's another thread on this forum where users discuss the merits of ClicGear, Sun Mountain, and CaddyTek push carts. I looked back through several months of posts but didn't see this detail addressed: I'm looking for a push cart in which the bag stands upright instead of at an angle. I saw one at my club last week but couldn't get close enough to ask the player about the brand name. Has anyone else seen this brand or know of something similar? I'm looking to trash my old two-wheel, thrift store model pull cart and invest in a nice 3-wheel or 4-wheel push model. 

What's in the bag:
Driver: TaylorMade Rocketballz (non-adjustable), 10.5 degrees, stock graphite shaft R flex
Hybrids: Kasco, 17 and 25 degrees, stock graphite shafts
Irons: Golfsmith Tour Cavity Forged, 4-PW, graphite shafts R, 2 degrees upright
Wedges: TaylorMade Black Oxide, 52, 56, and 60 degrees, graphite shafts
Putter: Rife Barbados w/SuperStroke grip 
Ball: Bridgestone RXS

I think it might be easier for clubs to come in and out of the bag if it were vertical rather than at a 45-degree angle. But I might be wrong. 

What's in the bag:
Driver: TaylorMade Rocketballz (non-adjustable), 10.5 degrees, stock graphite shaft R flex

Well I have a bag with full length dividers and it’s still a pain in the ass when the bag is vertical. Seems like one of those things that is always just going to be a bit harder than it should be. Oh and the worse I’m playing the harder it seems to get them out and forget trying to get one back in after a bad shot. 

(edited)

The search term "upright caddy" lead to brand names RACR and RASR and the illustrations look to be exactly what I'm looking for. But all the reviews are from 2009-2010 and there are no similar products on eBay or offered by any other retailers. But I will keep looking. 

Edited by RandyBobbitt

What's in the bag:

(edited)
4 hours ago, RandyBobbitt said:

The search term "upright caddy" lead to brand names RACR and RASR and the illustrations look to be exactly what I'm looking for. But all the reviews are from 2009-2010 and there are no similar products on eBay or offered by any other retailers. But I will keep looking. 

I also saw the “Clever Cart” produces more recently in 2018-19 which was an upright cart, but couldn’t find one of those available either. 

Edited by woodzie264

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• iacas changed the title to Push Cart Where Bag Stands Upright?
  • Administrator

I wouldn't get a cart that makes your bag upright. That'd be the least stable configuration for almost no actual gains in functionality.

There are reasons you can't find very many, and reasons why the ClicGear/Sun Mountain style carts pervade.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

10 hours ago, RandyBobbitt said:

There's another thread on this forum where users discuss the merits of ClicGear, Sun Mountain, and CaddyTek push carts. I looked back through several months of posts but didn't see this detail addressed: I'm looking for a push cart in which the bag stands upright instead of at an angle. I saw one at my club last week but couldn't get close enough to ask the player about the brand name. Has anyone else seen this brand or know of something similar? I'm looking to trash my old two-wheel, thrift store model pull cart and invest in a nice 3-wheel or 4-wheel push model. 

I think this is probably what you saw:

upright-caddy-rasr-push-cart.jpg

Upright Caddy RASR Upright Caddy RASR Push Cart Carries Your Golf Bag & Clubs Upright, Lightweight, Velcro® Bag Strap, Parking Brake Carts Bags & Carts

It's no secret that I'm a huge fan of the ClicGear 3.5+. I'd go ClicGear or bust. 

The Upright one has a foot petal brake. This is my opinion but I'd suggest only considering push carts which have a hand release for the brake. I use the brake almost every hole. Finding the foot petal is not nearly as easy/convenient as the handle release. 

57 minutes ago, Sandy Divot said:

Is Clicgear a bit more upright than SM?

The ClicGear 3.5+, The ClicGear 4.0 and The Sun Mountain Pathfinder 3 each keep the bag and about the same angle. I can't speak to the others. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

I actually have a CaddieTek, and my biggest annoyance with it is how “laid-down” the bag is. 

I wouldn’t want fully upright though. I agree with others that the Sun Mountain and ClicGear carts seem to have the balance just right.

- John

• 2 weeks later...

I can see now how a bag mounted on a cart at a 90-degree angle might not balance as well, but I would like to give it a try. My current cart holds the bag at a 45-degree angle and even with a fairly large bag, the clubs still get tangled up. 

What's in the bag:

6 hours ago, RandyBobbitt said:

I can see now how a bag mounted on a cart at a 90-degree angle might not balance as well, but I would like to give it a try. My current cart holds the bag at a 45-degree angle and even with a fairly large bag, the clubs still get tangled up. 

Higher CoG.  That's as far as I can go at the moment.  Seems like standing upright it would be easier to tip over unless the wheel base is even wider.  (Let the others with engineering experience go on with details.)

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

Most of the club head weight is at the top of the bag. If the bag is mounted on a 45 degree angle, you need to be aware of where the cart top cradle rests against the bag. If it rests on the hard bag collar, fine. If it rests under the collar, you will eventually see your bag getting ripped apart  from the stress of bouncing around the terrain. That is where an upright cart works to put less stress on your bag. I've had bags carried on my Sun Mountain cart that ripped under the collar from this. The stress also makes it difficult to remove and take out clubs, especially on the contact side of your cart. 

Note: This thread is 1339 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!