IGNORED

Ever throw a club on the course?

Pedo
Note: This thread is 5991 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Have you ever thrown a club on the golf course

• Yes
    • No
    • No (but I sure wanted to)

Sadly, yes.

Last year, in fact. Though it had been many, many years in between the two occurrences.

Blog: http://emergencynine.com/

In my bag you'll find lots of left-handed clubs like these:
Driver: G10 9* TFC (stock) S
3 wood: G5 Aldila NV SIrons 4 thru P: MX-20 TTDG RWedges: MP T Series Chrome, Forged - 52/56/60Putter: CallieBall: B330Bag (carry): Tour Stand; (cart): 9" Staff Tour

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I never throw my club because i know how bad i suck at golf

Driver-Callaway FT-5 Draw 9.5"

3WD-Callaway Hawkeye 15*

Hybrid-Callaway FT 21*

Irons-Callaway Steelhead X-16 4-P

Wedges-Callaway Big Bertha Tour 52* 56* 60*

Putter-Odyssey White Hot #1

3 times

1st time...the 60 degree Wilson lob wedge was just asking for it...taunting me, if you will. After the 3rd shank on 12 holes I fired it into a rock lined ditch, snapped it under the grip at the butt end...coooool.

2nd time...hit a duck hook with the driver and flipped it forward...not trying to permanently injure the club...but got a bad bounce of the next tee box and splashed into a marsh pond...had to get the trap rake from the last holes bunker to retrive it.

3rd time...had to lean on a gap wedge for a 130 yd shot and shanked it, fired it down the cart path. (plenty of scuffs and cart path rash...but I think the club learned it's lesson)..still use it .

3 times= not bad for me since I play 3 times a week on average.

In the Bag...Ping Hoofer

3dx Tour Square - UST V2 HMOI X Flex
3dx 15* - X flex
Baffler DWS 20* Aldila NV Stiff 4-GW 600XC Forged Irons- S Flex 55* SW - Burner XD 60* LW - Burner XD Craz E Putter <----ProV1x---> Pellet

Unfortunately I have thrown clubs on two occaisions.

Do you have a daughter? If so, she may want to wear a helmet if she golfs with you

Callaway FT-9 Tour I-mix 9.5° Driver (Fujikura Zcom Pro 65 stiff)
Mizuno F-50 15° 3w (Exsar FS2 stiff)
Bridgestone J36 19° Hybrid (Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff)
Adams Idea Pro 23° Hybrid (Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff)
Adams Idea Pro Forged 5-pw Irons (DG Black Gold stiff)Nike SV Tour Black Satin...

I haven't really chucked one in quite a while, but on occasion, now I just let go after my follow through after a really poor swing. It will just fall flat right in front of me. ( does that count?)

in my grom stand bag:

Driver: HiBore 9.5* fujikura stiff
3w: HiBore 15* fujikura stiff
2i hybrid: HiBore fujikura stiff3-sw: MP-57 +1/2 2* up stiff steelPutter: 2ball SRT 36"GPS: SG3 Sky caddieCart:Clicgear 2.0Home Course: Lake Spanaway http://www.lakespanawaygc.com

once, but i had reason. i was within range on my third on a par 5, and hit a punch-draw with my six iron. it actually was looking good like it was gonna end up right in front of the green. it hit the 150 barberpole dead center and stopped dead right behind it. i made 8.

driver- R580XD 9.5*
3 wood- m/speed
hybrid- cft ti 4h
irons- fp 4-gap
wedges- 54* and RAC satin 56* 12 bounceputter- 1/2 Craz-Eballs- DT Carry, e5, anything found thats is good shapeshoes-adidashome course - nothing - uh oh. perhaps pleasant view againschool...

I've never thrown a club down a fairway. Sometimes I will bury the head of my wedge in the ground if I get frustrated. I tell my partners it helps the rust finish on my raw wedge.

I had a friend in college who chucked his wedge into the woods, then had to spend 2 hours after we finished trying to find it.

What's in my Edge stand bag
G10 10.5*
Z-Steel 3 wood 14.5* 403-AD 18* & 21* Hybrids Burner 09 4-pw DGS300 Z TP 52* & RAC TP Black 56* White Steel 2 Ball SRT 35" Tour B330s

Yeah, I have. I use to be a competitive player but sometimes took the game to seriously and developed a bad temper.. a couple of my clubs have gotten to see what it feels like to be a golf ball, extra distance... but that is not a problem anymore. I have come to the realization that I will never be on the PGA tour

Titleist 913 D3 10.5*

Adams Super XTD 17*

Adams DHY 21*

TaylorMade TP MB 4-PW

Titleist SM4 54*/58*/62*

Bettinardi SS 11

Leupold GX-3i Rangefinder

Titleist ProV1 Ball

Unfortunately yes.

I was having a horrible night and really sliced a tee shot on a par three. On the second shot I skulled the wedge over the green, over the cart path and into a bunch of junk, tossed the wedge and it almost got stuck way up in a tree. As soon as I let go I realized how stupid I was being, how stupid I looked and will never throw another club.

In my Grom:
Driver: :nike: Sasquatch 9.5° Graffalloy Shaft-Stiff Flex
FW: :nike: 3 (15°) & 5 (19°) Sasquatch Diamana Shaft-Stiff Flex
Hybrid: :touredge: Tour Edge Exotics Ironwood 21° Adila Shaft-Stiff Flex
Irons: :nike: 4-AW OSS Steel Shaft-Stiff Flex
Wedges: :vokey: Vokey Spin Milled 54 and 60
Putter:  :edel: Basic Series 

I received this link in an email today and thought of the thread. Kind of funny.

http://www.golf.com/golf/video/artic...t031008_story4
Drive for show, putt for dough

PutterKarsten Anser2
WedgesX-Forged 52* 58*IronsX-20 tours P-3HybridX 21 stiff4-wood R9 17 mitsubishi rayon fubuki StiffDriver R9 11.5 mitsubishi rayon fubuki Stiff

I guess throwing a club is better than grimacing so hard blood comes pouring out of both nostrils (which is what I did on #8 green, Green Tree Golf Course, Egg Harbor Township, NJ).

Driver: Ping K15 10°, Mitsubishi Diamana Blueboard 63g Stiff
Fairway 4-wood: TaylorMade RocketBallz Tour TP 17.5°, Matrix Ozik TP7HD S shaft

Hybrids: Callaway Diablo Edge 3H-4H, Aldila DVS Stiff
Irons: MIURA PP-9003, Dynamic Gold Superlite S300, Sand Wedge: Scratch 8620 56°
Putter: Nike Method Concept Belly 44"
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B330-S

Im not good enough to blame a bad shot on a club. I wanted to throw myself in the drink a couple of times though..

i did break the head off of one by burrying it into the ground on a fairway shot. I was so mad I broke the head off of my favorite wood that I jammed the shaft in the ground and left it there. took the head home and reshafted it.

In my Bag:

Tour Burner 9.5* ProLaunch Red Shaft
Baffler TWS & DWS Hybrids: 2,4
Irons: 09 Burners 4-AWWC Liquid Copper SW 56*WC Liquid Copper LW 60*Putter: Black OZ T130 TP Black

lol i have 1 club in particular that i have thrown twice, it has also been re-shafted twice :)

Driver 905R 9.5 Deg Stiff Flex
3 Wood 904F 15 Deg Stiff Flex
Irons i5 Stiff Flex 3-PW
Wedges MALTBY Forged 53,56,60
Putter G5i Craz-EBall D-Feel

i did it once, years ago. So long ago it was a persimmon Macregor Muirfield 5 wood. It got stuck in a tree and I couldn't get it down. when I came back later that day with a long pole to try to get it down, it was gone. Never saw it again

Cured me!

Driver- Geek Dot Com This! 12 degree Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 Stiff
Adams Tour Issue 4350 Dual Can Matrix Ozik Xcon 5

Hybrids- Srixon 18 deg
Srixon 21 deg Irons- Tourstage Z101 3-PW w/Nippon NS Pro 950 GH - Stiff Srixon i701 4-PW w/ Nippon NS Pro 950 GH-Stiff MacGregor...

The 3rd year playing golf, got in the bunker and took me 4 strokes to get out. Tossed the wedge and broke in half. Left it in the trash can.

DR: Insight XTD Pro DF2400X 9.5 w/YSQ AD 65g S-flex
4W: Insight 16.5 Stiff
3,4 Hybrid: Idea Pro
5I - GW: Idea Pro -1 degree
SW: RST-DSG 56LW: RST-DSG 60Putter: Newport 2 DetourBall: TP Red

Well Jay_B it doesn't mean what you may think it does. I don't even speak spanish. I know what it stands for and that's just fine by me.

Well, I didnt know what it meant. So.. I typed in " Pedo in Spanish " into google and it came up as - Slang for Fart.

Dont know if thats the intended name, but its better then what I first thought.
In My Bridgestone Stand Bag:

Driver: TM r7 425 TP (8.5*) Stiff
Wood: TM Ti 5 Wood (18*) Stiff
Irons: TM r7 TP Irons (3-PW) RegularGW LW: TM rac Satin TPs ( 52* 56* 60*)Putter: TM Rossa Monza Spider Balls: Bridgestone B330s

Note: This thread is 5991 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!