IGNORED

Please Help - Natalie and Zoey vs. PIAA

iacas
Note: This thread is 1214 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Very disappointing. Sometimes you just can't reason with stupidity.  

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
MG_9431-scaled.jpeg?fit=2560%2C1624&ssl=

The Pennsylvania Interscholastic Athletic Association state golf finals will take place this week, but two of Pennsylvania’s top young players will be left out — through no fault of their own. As detailed extensively by GoErie.com...

• Like 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

😡

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

@iacas, While it doesn’t change the outcome, you went above and beyond as a dad and you can be proud of that. A lot of parents would’ve been upset, but I doubt would’ve gone to the lengths you did to muster support for the cause. Just very publication of this scathing article shows that a lot of folks in the golf community supported Natalie & Zoey. It’s a shame the folks who had the ability to make it right, didn’t. 

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

• Administrator
13 minutes ago, woodzie264 said:

@iacas, While it doesn’t change the outcome, you went above and beyond as a dad and you can be proud of that. A lot of parents would’ve been upset, but I doubt would’ve gone to the lengths you did to muster support for the cause. Just very publication of this scathing article shows that a lot of folks in the golf community supported Natalie & Zoey. It’s a shame the folks who had the ability to make it right, didn’t. 

Thank you for saying that.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

angry gi joe GIF

:ping:

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • G710 - 4 iron/SteelFiber i110cw Stiff • / i210 - 5 iron - UW / AWT 2.0 Stiff
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White

• 1 month later...
  • Administrator

The hits just keep on coming.

d819098b-a61f-4034-bff6-fcc230943237-Dis

District 10 Girls Golf All-Stars, selected by the Erie Times-News staff, are revealed along with region all-stars, as determined by the region results

Natalie is on the second team, despite being the second or, at worst, third best golfer in the region after the Swan girls, because they only look at the District X tournament - the one in which Natalie and Zoey were not allowed to play the second round - in figuring out the All Star teams.

The text says "and decisions by the Erie Times-News staff," but I don't think they made any decisions, really, because had they factored in Natalie's year-long scoring average of basically even par (I think she was two over par for the year, with multiple rounds below or at par that almost completely offset a few over-par rounds), they'd have not put her on the second team.

She played better than she had the previous year, and beat all of the same people in 2020 as she had all of 2019, and was third on the first team.

Further pointing to the stupidity here: she's region golfer of the year for Region 3, and the note there says: "The all-region teams and golfers of the year are based on stroke averages from region play."

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

People are stupid. I know it’s gotta be crazy frustrating as dad of a talented daughter to see this happen, but Natalie obviously has a bright golf future and while this will probably make some school negotiations more cumbersome than they should, hopefully this will be a small ripple in the big scheme of life. 

• Upvote 1

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Note: This thread is 1214 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!