IGNORED

2020 Golf Travel

iSank
Note: This thread is 1251 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Aloha Gang,

Well in this year I have visited Maui and Vegas for golf but then things got stymied. Took the COVID test this morning and my Dr just messaged me I’m clear so on Friday I head back to Lana’i and once in Maui county I can travel freely in Maui county, so I am not sure when I’ll get back to Oahu. Anyone else had to do the test to travel or had non-stymied golf adventures?

This section needs some action.

Aloha,

iSank

Hi, I live on a small island in the Pacific Ocean.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I've had to cancel all of mine 😕

• Upvote 1

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Our foursome cancelled our usual 2 trips up north.   Instead I traveled to southern Utah for some hiking and mountain biking.  Can you say "congested"? 

• Thumbs Up 1

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

My one trip was the last week in February to Reunion, FL.  Even at that time I was a bit concerned about sitting near a person with a bad cough.  Pretty much no one, including me, wore a mask or even considered it.  After the trip the gates were closed and locked.  I never played a round more than an hour away from home.

2021 has got to be better.

• Thumbs Up 1

Brian Kuehn

I took part in the PA/NY TST outing/lesson this summer. It was a blast, and as far as I know, no one caught the rona. When I got back, I was informed that NY state had restrictions on traveling there based on what state you came from, but since I drove, it didn't come up. Luckily I wasn't pulled over for my license plate being from a restricted state.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • :titleist: 917 D2 9.5o EvenFlow blue shaft    :titleist: 917 F2 15o EvenFlow blue shaft    
  • :titleist: 818 H2 19o EvenFlow blue shaft 
  • :titleist: 712 AP2 4-PW
  • :vokey: 52/8o SM6 RAW    56/14o SM6 Chrome      60/4o SM6 Chrome
  • :ping: Anser Sigma G putter
  • :snell: MTB-Black Balls

• Administrator
On 10/21/2020 at 4:03 PM, Bonvivant said:

I took part in the PA/NY TST outing/lesson this summer. It was a blast, and as far as I know, no one caught the rona. When I got back, I was informed that NY state had restrictions on traveling there based on what state you came from, but since I drove, it didn't come up. Luckily I wasn't pulled over for my license plate being from a restricted state.

NY state had no such restriction.

New York City may have at the time.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Just now, iacas said:

NY state had no such restriction.

New York City may have at the time.

airportterminal.png

Governor Cuomo announced that four additional states meet the metrics to qualify for the travel advisory requiring individuals who have traveled to New York from those states, all of which have significant community spread, to...

I'm not sure what is true or how long this lasted, but I was under the impression that I was,

• :titleist: 917 D2 9.5o EvenFlow blue shaft    :titleist: 917 F2 15o EvenFlow blue shaft    

• Administrator
9 minutes ago, Bonvivant said:

I'm not sure what is true or how long this lasted, but I was under the impression that I was

Nobody anywhere near CHQ was enforcing anything like that. You didn't spend an overnight, either.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

12 minutes ago, iacas said:

Nobody anywhere near CHQ was enforcing anything like that. You didn't spend an overnight, either.

Correct. I just didn't even know about any restrictions when it happened, and when I got back people told me stuff. Hadn't really looked into until now.

Edited by Bonvivant

Good and sad tales, kind of understand that. So I left Oahu that had high concerns of controlling it to an Island that had yet to get 1 case. 

All was well until Wednesday 4 popped positive, Thursday 38 and today Friday 60 something. I was tested and none in my circle including an 85 year old woman has had any issues. 
So the governor/mayor answer is a lockdown. How do you lockdown an island where the population is but a postage stamp on the entire island? No worries, I plan on golfing next week. I got to log a few more birdies on the 2020 birdie challenge.

Aloha,

iSank

Hi, I live on a small island in the Pacific Ocean.

My travels were to driving to Northern Michigan. Garland (Lewiston, MI) in July was originally planed for May but was pushed back.  Nice thing was they let us keep the “Early Bird” rate.  This was shen I got my 1st Ace 😃.

Then went to Treetops (Gaylord, MI) in September.  

Both trips involved masks & social distancing but were good, enjoyable trips. The breakfast buffets were cancelled but not a big deal.

• Like 1

Stuart M.

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

14 hours ago, StuM said:

My travels were to driving to Northern Michigan. Garland (Lewiston, MI) in July was originally planed for May but was pushed back.  Nice thing was they let us keep the “Early Bird” rate.  This was shen I got my 1st Ace 😃.

Then went to Treetops (Gaylord, MI) in September.  

Both trips involved masks & social distancing but were good, enjoyable trips. The breakfast buffets were cancelled but not a big deal.

This is the first year we have missed both Garland and Treetop in the last 5 years.   I really didn't miss Treetops except the par 3 but I do miss Garland.   

I'm glad you were able to enjoy them.

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

1 hour ago, dennyjones said:

This is the first year we have missed both Garland and Treetop in the last 5 years.   I really didn't miss Treetops except the par 3 but I do miss Garland.   

I'm glad you were able to enjoy them.

We love the par 3 course.  It is just pure fun😃

Stuart M.

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

Note: This thread is 1251 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!