IGNORED

New Server and IPS 4.5

iacas
Note: This thread is 1199 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator

The Sand Trap is now on a new, faster, newer server.

More importantly, it's running Invision Power Community software version 4.5.4, a BIG upgrade from 4.4.10.

Over the next few days I'll be making some tweaks to a few things.

• Some of the pagination could be better colors.
  • The post numbering starts over at 1 on every page, but I've written to the developer.
  • I removed a lot of old cruft from the custom CSS file. The site is a bit cleaner, though a bit more "spaced out" in some places, too.

If you have any questions, notice something goofy, or anything… post it here!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• iacas changed the title to New Server and IPS 4.5
  • iacas pinned this topic

These old eyes just changed my browser from 100% to 110% and it works for me.   Thanks for all you do for those of us that visit TST.

• Thumbs Up 1

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

I'm sure you did your due diligence and I'm certain all will be fine but I'd just give you fair warning to watch out for the @Vinskbug in this particular version which is a known ransomware variant causing the dreaded shanks in unsuspecting readers. There's also the sneaky @Double Mocha Manworm which forces the rest of us to laugh at those who've caught the shanks from the above malware. Just sayin'...

• Funny 2
  • Upvote 1

Looking good, Billy Ray. The colors were driving me nuts yesterday, but most of that seems to be cleaned up. Still not a huge fan of the dark silhouette with backlight on the upper right, but at least I can see them now. Thanks again for all that you do.

• :titleist: 917 D2 9.5o EvenFlow blue shaft    :titleist: 917 F2 15o EvenFlow blue shaft    
  • :titleist: 818 H2 19o EvenFlow blue shaft 
  • :titleist: 712 AP2 4-PW
  • :vokey: 52/8o SM6 RAW    56/14o SM6 Chrome      60/4o SM6 Chrome
  • :ping: Anser Sigma G putter
  • :snell: MTB-Black Balls

• Administrator
58 minutes ago, Bonvivant said:

Looking good, Billy Ray. The colors were driving me nuts yesterday, but most of that seems to be cleaned up. Still not a huge fan of the dark silhouette with backlight on the upper right, but at least I can see them now. Thanks again for all that you do.

The silhouette is the best I could do. I think those button colors are tied to other things, where the dark green color is necessary. I may fiddle with those more, as I'm not a fan of the "glow" look.

• Like 1

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

24 minutes ago, iacas said:

The silhouette is the best I could do. I think those button colors are tied to other things, where the dark green color is necessary. I may fiddle with those more, as I'm not a fan of the "glow" look.

I figured that you were looking hard when I saw that it had changed a couple of times. It's at least usable for now. For a second yesterday, I thought that the whole thing had come crashing down lol.

• :titleist: 917 D2 9.5o EvenFlow blue shaft    :titleist: 917 F2 15o EvenFlow blue shaft    
  • :titleist: 818 H2 19o EvenFlow blue shaft 
  • :titleist: 712 AP2 4-PW
  • :vokey: 52/8o SM6 RAW    56/14o SM6 Chrome      60/4o SM6 Chrome
  • :ping: Anser Sigma G putter
  • :snell: MTB-Black Balls

• Administrator

https://thesandtrap.com/settings/

BTW, I encourage everyone, periodically, to visit that page and check out some of your settings. Also visit: https://thesandtrap.com/notifications from time to time.

I’m loving this new look! Nice Erik!

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

I’m loving this new look! Nice Erik!

I am too! 🙂 It's still mostly the same, of course, but it's cleaner and has a bit more space in some places.

• Like 1

yea, it is more pleasing to the eye. Not sure the specifics, maybe things blend better together. Nothing really stands out. It feels like some lines are not as bold or thick. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

I am digging the blacked out look! 

image.png.ad9777627fe7339c1f69d3b191c8e08c.png

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, TourSpoon said:

See up above. That might change out, even if it's just via CSS like how I added the "glow" (just a drop shadow in each direction. And a color that will work against both the grass and the sand.

1 hour ago, TourSpoon said:

image.png.ad9777627fe7339c1f69d3b191c8e08c.png

How’d you do that?

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

• Administrator
14 minutes ago, woodzie264 said:

How’d you do that?

Who are you asking? If you're asking me, that's text with a text shadow applied.

It's not a big deal but I notice that the breadcrumbs are slightly different and the new breadcrumb has a bit of extra whitespace between the breadcrumb and the forum title. Here's the old breadcrumb (from the web wayback machine):

Old-Breadcrumb.thumb.jpg.c251bf2df956be7f6895b1a52ef129cb.jpg

Here's the new breadcrumb:

New-Breadcrumb.thumb.jpg.13a5d47b15c6f0b09861056fc8de8028.jpg

Also, I find it a bit more difficult to read the portion of the menu pertaining to logging in. Just my 2 tees worth...

Hope that helps...

Edited by Zippo

• Administrator
24 minutes ago, Zippo said:

It's not a big deal but I notice that the breadcrumbs are slightly different and the new breadcrumb has a bit of extra whitespace between the breadcrumb and the forum title. Here's the old breadcrumb (from the web wayback machine):

The WayBack machine isn’t showing you an ad, which has been in that space for years.

If you aren’t seeing ads, either, I’d ask you to disable any ad blockers or whatever that you have for this site. It’s the way we keep the lights on here. Or become a Supporter and you’ll see far, far fewer ads.

26 minutes ago, Zippo said:

Also, I find it a bit more difficult to read the portion of the menu pertaining to logging in. Just my 2 tees worth...

How often do you have to log in?

I haven’t looked at a login. I’ll take a look at that later.

1 minute ago, iacas said:

How often do you have to log in?

I haven’t looked at a login. I’ll take a look at that later.

I've only logged in once, after I deleted cookies, etc.

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

• Administrator

I just went with white text and removed the shadow/glow look.

Note: This thread is 1199 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!