IGNORED

New Server and IPS 4.5

• Administrator

The Sand Trap is now on a new, faster, newer server.

More importantly, it's running Invision Power Community software version 4.5.4, a BIG upgrade from 4.4.10.

Over the next few days I'll be making some tweaks to a few things.

• Some of the pagination could be better colors.
  • The post numbering starts over at 1 on every page, but I've written to the developer.
  • I removed a lot of old cruft from the custom CSS file. The site is a bit cleaner, though a bit more "spaced out" in some places, too.

If you have any questions, notice something goofy, or anything… post it here!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• iacas changed the title to New Server and IPS 4.5
  • iacas pinned this topic

I'm sure you did your due diligence and I'm certain all will be fine but I'd just give you fair warning to watch out for the @Vinskbug in this particular version which is a known ransomware variant causing the dreaded shanks in unsuspecting readers. There's also the sneaky @Double Mocha Manworm which forces the rest of us to laugh at those who've caught the shanks from the above malware. Just sayin'...

• Funny 2
  • Upvote 1

Looking good, Billy Ray. The colors were driving me nuts yesterday, but most of that seems to be cleaned up. Still not a huge fan of the dark silhouette with backlight on the upper right, but at least I can see them now. Thanks again for all that you do.

• Administrator
58 minutes ago, Bonvivant said:

Looking good, Billy Ray. The colors were driving me nuts yesterday, but most of that seems to be cleaned up. Still not a huge fan of the dark silhouette with backlight on the upper right, but at least I can see them now. Thanks again for all that you do.

The silhouette is the best I could do. I think those button colors are tied to other things, where the dark green color is necessary. I may fiddle with those more, as I'm not a fan of the "glow" look.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, iacas said:

The silhouette is the best I could do. I think those button colors are tied to other things, where the dark green color is necessary. I may fiddle with those more, as I'm not a fan of the "glow" look.

I figured that you were looking hard when I saw that it had changed a couple of times. It's at least usable for now. For a second yesterday, I thought that the whole thing had come crashing down lol.

• Administrator

https://thesandtrap.com/settings/

BTW, I encourage everyone, periodically, to visit that page and check out some of your settings. Also visit: https://thesandtrap.com/notifications from time to time.

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

I’m loving this new look! Nice Erik!

I am too! 🙂 It's still mostly the same, of course, but it's cleaner and has a bit more space in some places.

• Like 1

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, TourSpoon said:

I am digging the blacked out look! 

See up above. That might change out, even if it's just via CSS like how I added the "glow" (just a drop shadow in each direction. And a color that will work against both the grass and the sand.

It's not a big deal but I notice that the breadcrumbs are slightly different and the new breadcrumb has a bit of extra whitespace between the breadcrumb and the forum title. Here's the old breadcrumb (from the web wayback machine):

Old-Breadcrumb.thumb.jpg.c251bf2df956be7f6895b1a52ef129cb.jpg

Here's the new breadcrumb:

New-Breadcrumb.thumb.jpg.13a5d47b15c6f0b09861056fc8de8028.jpg

Also, I find it a bit more difficult to read the portion of the menu pertaining to logging in. Just my 2 tees worth...

Hope that helps...

Edited by Zippo

• Administrator
24 minutes ago, Zippo said:

It's not a big deal but I notice that the breadcrumbs are slightly different and the new breadcrumb has a bit of extra whitespace between the breadcrumb and the forum title. Here's the old breadcrumb (from the web wayback machine):

The WayBack machine isn’t showing you an ad, which has been in that space for years.

If you aren’t seeing ads, either, I’d ask you to disable any ad blockers or whatever that you have for this site. It’s the way we keep the lights on here. Or become a Supporter and you’ll see far, far fewer ads.

26 minutes ago, Zippo said:

Also, I find it a bit more difficult to read the portion of the menu pertaining to logging in. Just my 2 tees worth...

How often do you have to log in?

I haven’t looked at a login. I’ll take a look at that later.