IGNORED

New Server and IPS 4.5

iacas
Note: This thread is 1213 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

On 1/1/2021 at 7:42 PM, dennyjones said:

I like the speed increase.   It's noticeable.   thanks!

For some reason, TST has been loading slowly for me lately.  But I noticed it maybe a week or so before the change, so that shouldn’t be the cause.  No other sites, just TST. 

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
7 hours ago, Missouri Swede said:

For some reason, TST has been loading slowly for me lately.  But I noticed it maybe a week or so before the change, so that shouldn’t be the cause.  No other sites, just TST. 

We had some slow downs prior to the move but it’s been quite fast since. For me.

Do you know how to do a traceroute?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Was trying to look at the images in the OP for the "The Biggest Secret? SLIDE Your Hips" thread, and got this:

Your connection is not private
Attackers might be trying to steal your information from beta.thesandtrap.com (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards). Learn more
NET::ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID

beta.thesandtrap.com normally uses encryption to protect your information. When Brave tried to connect to beta.thesandtrap.com this time, the website sent back unusual and incorrect credentials. This may happen when an attacker is trying to pretend to be beta.thesandtrap.com, or a Wi-Fi sign-in screen has interrupted the connection. Your information is still secure because Brave stopped the connection before any data was exchanged.

You cannot visit beta.thesandtrap.com right now because the website uses HSTS. Network errors and attacks are usually temporary, so this page will probably work later.

Browser is Brave on a Linux box.  Chrome does the same.  Could try Firefox, but it's way out-of-date, so I avoid using it.

Thought y'all might want to know.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, SEMI_Duffer said:

Thought y'all might want to know.

Thank you. I believe I've resolved the issue with that post and apparently three other posts in various topics.

beta.thesandtrap.com was the domain at which we were hosting the site during the move, but I'm not sure where those values were inserted into the actual posts. Very strange.

Thank you, again, and you should be good to go now.

P.S. We don't use BBCode here because we have a rich text editor.

P.P.S. To others, the plugin that adds the post numbering now works on our site. This will be most helpful in The Numbers Thread, where now post #2156 will show up as post #2156 instead of post #14.

• Like 1

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

21 minutes ago, iacas said:

Thank you. I believe I've resolved the issue with that post and apparently three other posts in various topics.

P.S. We don't use BBCode here because we have a rich text editor.

You're welcome.  Re: BBCode: I sometimes insert it out of habit.  I usually catch and correct it in preview, but it doesn't appear this site has post preview capability?  Lacking or missing that I usually catch it after I post.  Guess I missed this time.  Sorry about that.

• Administrator
25 minutes ago, SEMI_Duffer said:

You're welcome.  Re: BBCode: I sometimes insert it out of habit.  I usually catch and correct it in preview, but it doesn't appear this site has post preview capability?  Lacking or missing that I usually catch it after I post.  Guess I missed this time.  Sorry about that.

There is a preview capability:

image.png

That button doesn't appear on tablets or phones, though.

Thing is you don't need preview, because the rich text editor is your preview. It's just as it will appear in the post.

Wasn't a big deal, just letting you know.

45 minutes ago, dennyjones said:

I was going to respond to this thread:

Error notification

Screenshot 2021-01-05 122821.png

IPS 4.5.4.2 came out, so you probably updated in the minute or two I had the site offline while updating the files on-server.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, iacas said:

Do you know how to do a traceroute?

I'd never heard of it before, so no (I didn't).  Googled how to do it and ran it through network utility on my MBP.  Ran it three times.  Want me to message you the traces?

Craig

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Missouri Swede said:

I'd never heard of it before, so no (I didn't).  Googled how to do it and ran it through network utility on my MBP.  Ran it three times.  Want me to message you the traces?

If you want to message them to me, sure.

Your MacBook is older if it let you run it through that app. It's deprecated on Big Sur.

3 minutes ago, iacas said:

Your MacBook is older if it let you run it through that app. It's deprecated on Big Sur.

I'm still on Mojave.  Mid-2014 MBP (bought it early 2015 IIRC). Still awesome.  Made my wife get an identical one a couple months later. Just change the oil regularly, rotate the tires, and  it's trouble-free.

Craig

• Administrator

If you load this comment up, and hit reload, how long does it take?

Cuz I'm under two seconds.

1 hour ago, iacas said:

If you load this comment up, and hit reload, how long does it take?

Cuz I'm under two seconds.

About 3 seconds.

Opening up the site (from another site or as first site when starting the browser) or opening up a thread can sometimes take a while longer. Not every time, and the length of delay varies. There are times it stalled long enough that I checked one of the “down for” sites. (It was “just me”.)

Craig

• Administrator
9 minutes ago, Missouri Swede said:

About 3 seconds.

Opening up the site (from another site or as first site when starting the browser) or opening up a thread can sometimes take a while longer. Not every time, and the length of delay varies. There are times it stalled long enough that I checked one of the “down for” sites. (It was “just me”.)

Hmmm, if you don't mind, occasionally run a traceroute. See if it's always that one IP address that's slow.

This server has been much faster for me, and from what I've gathered from others, most others too.

• Thumbs Up 1

All looks good with the new server.  Except for one annoyance:  When notices of a Sand Trap post show up in my email the text is truncated... cut short with an ellipses.  I have to go to Sandtrap.com to read the rest of the post.  Back and forth, back and forth as I read my email.  Is this fixable? 

• Administrator
15 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

All looks good with the new server.  Except for one annoyance:  When notices of a Sand Trap post show up in my email the text is truncated... cut short with an ellipses.  I have to go to Sandtrap.com to read the rest of the post.  Back and forth, back and forth as I read my email.  Is this fixable? 

The point is to notify you of a response, not to send the whole thing in the email.

Standard behavior. As intended.

9 hours ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Cliffhanger.....

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Note: This thread is 1213 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!