IGNORED

3D Printing

I know that this is kind of a niche hobby and there might only be a couple of us on the whole forum that dabble here, but I just got my first home printer after working with them for months at work. I figured it would be cool to have a topic on here to share projects, single prints, or just cool videos on the power and flexibility of this technology. I am running an Ender 3 V2 from Creality, and currently it is just stock but plan to do upgrades in the future.

Here is a fun video that shows how deep you can go into the hobby. A (almost) fully 3D printed mechanical clock! The main spring only gives about 15 minutes of use, but is amazing what was designed and engineered here.

• Like 1
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Some of my first prints. I designed the ball mark repair tools in fusion 360 by hand. They are kind of flimsy but should work. I can always adjust the design accordingly. 

20210101_142846.jpg

IMG_20201231_220513_683.jpg

2 hours ago, Bonvivant said:

Some of my first prints. I designed the ball mark repair tools in fusion 360 by hand. They are kind of flimsy but should work. I can always adjust the design accordingly. 

20210101_142846.jpg

IMG_20201231_220513_683.jpg

Can you make a PlayStation 5? 😂

5 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

Can you make a PlayStation 5? 😂

Can you make a guy/gal to mow my lawn so I can go out and play golf? And mix a good gin & tonic when I come home?

• iacas changed the title to 3D Printing

I designed a hinge for my new cart cover and had my brother print / make them.
I did the design / drawing in 2D and he converted it. 

It was a simple item which has worked well over the years.
I then sent photos to the manufacture showing them the new hinge.
My design allow the door to pivot out, while the original fixed position hinge snapped when a gust of wind opened the door too forcefully. I also designed a couple of custom ball markers and had them printed.
Fun stuff to be creative and build useful objects.

Edited by Club Rat
  • Like 1

I actually told my wife last night that I was thinking of getting a 3d printer to play around with. I have done no research on them to date though. I would be totally new to it.

3 hours ago, TN94z said:

I actually told my wife last night that I was thinking of getting a 3d printer to play around with. I have done no research on them to date though. I would be totally new to it.

It's pretty fun, but there is loads to learn. If you are any kind of mechanically inclined, I'd say go for it, and the Creality Ender 3 would be my choice. It comes partially assembled, but you have to install everything on the X and Z axes. With a bit of fine tuning and a healthy does of reading on the web, you'd be just fine. The Ender 3 is sometimes as cheap as 160 dollars, which is a blistering deal, but normally sits around 200, so you can tell your wife that it is way cheaper than a new driver 😉