IGNORED

Golf Digest Best Young Teachers 2021-22

nevets88
Note: This thread is 1188 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've been around the game for too long, have worked with 6 on this list combined in person/online, lol. A lot from NJ. Following around 5 of these on Instagram.

1610132039922.jpeg

There are more talented young teachers in golf than ever before—as reflected in our latest ranking of the top instructors under 40

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

Some good choices, some overdue choices, some… interesting choices… Let's see how many I know reasonably well:

• Scott Chisholm is only 35?
  • Brian Creghan
  • Jennifer Hudson I just met in Pinehurst at the PGA Teachers of the Year conference. She spent about 45 minutes talking with @NatalieB, which meant a lot.
  • Jorge Parada
  • Bill Schmedes III
  • Jason Sedan
  • Steve Sieracki (heh)
  • David Taraschi
  • Robbie Fritz
  • Matt Killen
  • John Scott Rattan (just bought Analyzr 3.0 and has a copy of LSW)
  • Megan Padua
  • Dan Carraher
  • Matt DeJohn
  • Sara Dickson
  • Alana Swain
  • TJ Yeaton
  • Mike Bury
  • Nick Dunn (used to coach at CMU)
  • Corey Lundberg
  • Aaron Olson
  • Mario Bevilacqua
  • Preston Combs
  • Tyler Ferrell
  • Drew Steckel

The number on the list who charge less than I do for lessons? 0. 🙂

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I’ve met Jason Sedan. He is the instructor at my friends course.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

39 minutes ago, iacas said:

Preston Combs

Evolvr alumnus!

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

OK so-Does this video make you watn to go to take a lesson from this young lady?

Is it a good video?-Is this all we should expect from a Best Young Teacher in America?

Cuz from what I see she is a slicer-Huh?- and she thinks that by standing two feet right or left you are going to completely eliminate half of the hole.

Also-Why would you want to eliminate half of the hole?-You do not.

Political correctness?-You decide. These lists are pointless IMO. Congrats to the people on them, but I think even the pros on them realize they are bunk.

@iacas has been on this list-

• Funny 1

"The expert golfer has maximum time to make minimal compensations. The poorer player has minimal time to make maximum compensations." - And no, I'm not Mac. Please do not PM me about it. I just think he is a crazy MFer and we could all use a little more crazy sometimes.

Another thing I noticed is the instructors I knew that were based in the NE - they all eventually moved to warmer climates. CA, FL, NV. Makes a lot of sense career-wise. Two I was working with back to back moved west after I started working with then. 

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

• Administrator
43 minutes ago, Phil McGleno said:

@iacas has been on this list-

Yes, I have. Before I turned 40, of course. It's linked in my signature:

Were you asking something?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

On 1/14/2021 at 2:50 PM, iacas said:

The number on the list who charge less than I do for lessons? 0. 🙂

We appreciate it!

...if you charged $200 an hour, I’d be SOL for the next 10 years or so

• Funny 1

Note: This thread is 1188 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!