IGNORED

Has Tiger hit a wall????

ERC7.5
Note: This thread is 5898 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I thought after seeing him one back after yesterday that it was all but over....turning into a march to victory. He is even through 11 today and it looks like everyone else is having a field day out there. Unfortunately, I am not able to watch as I am at work, but I'm following the leaderboard and seeing -7's & -8 while he has a big "E" showing just strikes me as odd....

I thought after seeing him one back after yesterday that it was all but over....turning into a march to victory. He is even through 11 today and it looks like everyone else is having a field day out there. Unfortunately, I am not able to watch as I am at work, but I'm following the leaderboard and seeing -7's & -8 while he has a big "E" showing just strikes me as odd....

When Tiger can end Saturday near the lead without too much work, he seems to do this. He's conserving his energy and focus for tomorrow. Everyone else can use up their energy on Saturday. He's going to stay in contention today and strike tomorrow.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

When Tiger can end Saturday near the lead without too much work, he seems to do this. He's conserving his energy and focus for tomorrow. Everyone else can use up their energy on Saturday. He's going to stay in contention today and strike tomorrow.

That's a great point. It just seemed so odd for me to see such low scores and his being so "high" in comparison.

I guess it makes it a bit more interesting anyway. I'm looking forward to watching tomorrow now....

Tomorrow when you look at the leaderboard, i Estimate he'll be at around -7 to -9
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

'A wall'...not really he's 3 behind with 7 to play and eill pick up a birdie or 2 beforethe end ....he's close enough to be in contention easily!

I didn't mean that I thought that he was out of contention. I was just simply surprised that he was Even for the day when so many others scoring so well. I'm not able to watch right now so I was not aware of conditions or what was going on....just by looking at the leader board.....it looks like a good day to score and appeared that he wasn't. That's all. We all know he's going to put his red shirt on tomorrow and tear it up...

He said at the start of the week that everyday you have a different game. The feel is different every time you get to the first tee. While it might be moving day for everyone else, he might just not have his feel today.

I think the rain delay is going to benefit him more than anyone. He was playing the worst of the three in his group but was still hanging around. Now he has a chance to gather himself, hit a few more balls on the range, maybe even get some sleep. We all know that tomorrow is another day.

My question, though, is if they postpone it until tomorrow, would they finish the tournament on Sunday or would it spill into Monday? They have the Tavistock Cup starting Monday and that could cause some headaches.

In My Bag:

Driver: R7 460
5w: Bah!
3w: F Speed LDHybrid: CPR3 3iIrons: Acer XK High Trajectory 4-PWWedges: Vokey Spin Milled 52* 54* 60*Putter: Daytona CGBBall: One Platinum Tour ix

Wait till he puts on the Red shirt and hell be ready to own.

haha, exactly. i dont think he's hit a wall, i just think this tourney is showing that he is actually human. should be great competition tommorow.

Sticks
driver- X460 tour 9.5 Aldila NVS 75
irons- X-forged 3-PW TT BlackGold stiff
wedges- x-tour vintage 52, 56, 60
hybrid- FT-hybrid #2 17* putter- Sophia 33" "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough."_Mario Andretti

Well Thursday night he 3-putted 18. Friday he strikes back with a couple of eagles. Sunday morning - he knows exactly where he and everyone else are.

25 holes to play - whatever wall may be there, he'll have jumped over it come the back 9 in the red.

It's always better to see him challenged! JB, Bart - and now the Aussies!

WEAPONS:
Taylormade R9 10.5 L Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum stiff 65g
Taylormade R9 15 NU YS+6 stiff 65g
Taylormade R9 19 NU YS+6 stiff 65g
Taylormade Tour Preferred 4-PW KBS Tour X-Stiff Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 51Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 55Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 59Yes! Tracy II putterTitleist...

Even Tiger is entitled to a balky putter every now and then.

Best, Mike Elzey

In my bag:
Driver: Cleveland Launcher 10.5 stiff
Woods: Ping ISI 3 and 5 - metal stiffIrons: Ping ISI 4-GW - metal stiffSand Wedges: 1987 Staff, 1987 R-90Putter: two ball - black bladeBall: NXT Tour"I think what I said is right but maybe not.""If you know so much, why are you...

this thread is a joke, i'm embarrased by it.

17 normal holes and Tiger 'has lost it?'

Give me a break.
In My Bag:

DriverR7 Superquad, 9.5 Degrees
WoodFT 3 Wood, 15 Degrees
Wood906F 5 Wood, 18 DegreesIronsMX-25 3-9 IronWedgeVokey Tour Chrome 48 Degree WedgeX Forged Vintage Wedge 54 DegreeWedge Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60 Degree PutterUnitized Retro

this thread is a joke, i'm embarrased by it.

If this thread is, as you say, a joke and you are truly embarrased by it, then don't participate in it.

I don't think anyone has said "Tiger has lost it"! You've posted this statement just on the title of the thread alone. Give the thread a read. There are some pretty great comments in it.....most of which are stating that Tiger is simply playing his game and is in no trouble at all. The title wasn't even intended to sound like "Has Tiger Lost It?". At the time the OP (me) posted it, Tiger was playing an even round while others were scoring lights out and I just wondered what the opinions of some others were. Sorry to offend you. We all know what Tiger is capable of....he's the most amazing player there is. and there is still nobody (in their right mind) betting against him. EDIT: Even in write up on pga.com, this was stated: Woods couldn't make a putt, scowled more than he smiled, and was struggling to stay at par on a day when the Blue Monster was yielding birdies. It's become natural for some people to wonder what's going on when this happens.

It's become natural for some people to wonder what's going on when this happens.

I'll give you that my man

In My Bag:

DriverR7 Superquad, 9.5 Degrees
WoodFT 3 Wood, 15 Degrees
Wood906F 5 Wood, 18 DegreesIronsMX-25 3-9 IronWedgeVokey Tour Chrome 48 Degree WedgeX Forged Vintage Wedge 54 DegreeWedge Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60 Degree PutterUnitized Retro

I think Tiger will still win...theres just an aura about him in the final round--

"People think the size of the head is most important. Wrong. It's getting a quality shaft. test different shafts to see which goes the straightest. Also, more degrees of loft on the head is better than less. Eleven degrees is about right."

• Administrator
I think Tiger will still win...theres just an aura about him in the final round--

And I don't think he will. He's even through four after two bogeys in a row. He trails by SIX.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Tiger won't win, but look how bad he is playing, he is still in the top 5. Amazing golfer.

In my Ping UCLAN Team Bag

Nike Sasqautch 9.5 - V2 Stiff
Cleveland HiBore 15 - V2 Stiff
Ben Hogan Apex FTX, 2 - PW - Dynamic Gold StiffNike SV Tour 52, 58 - Dynamic Golf StiffYes Golf Callie - 33 inchesBall - Srixon Z star X

Note: This thread is 5898 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!