IGNORED

My Swing (GuamAP2)

GuamAP2
Note: This thread is 753 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've been Playing Golf for: 15 yrs
My current handicap index or average score is: 15.6
My typical ball flight is: medium
The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: slice

Videos: 

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, GuamAP2 said:

Videos: 

https://youtu.be/eRtUwS51ouo

https://youtu.be/8P_WTt72owI

Hello. As no-one seems to be answering this, I'll have a uninformed, unqualified stab.

My coach always said 'steep to flat'. Steeper shaft on the backswing, flatter on the downswing.

1922829241_Swing1.thumb.jpg.7a59b4a5cf7ee09cfc9823d4036f5855.jpg 

To get your shaft steeper on the backswing, grip the club shorter and on at P3, stop and look where the butt is pointing. Preferably between your ball and the feet.

I'm sure someone will come back with more detailed and informed instruction.

5 hours ago, GuamAP2 said:

Videos: 

https://youtu.be/eRtUwS51ouo

https://youtu.be/8P_WTt72owI

Thanks for posting. First, love the music. Second, when you have a chance, post a face on view. On the down the line view, try to have the camera lined up on your toe line.

Your swing looks pretty good to start. I would recommend to look at the first five drills in this series below. They set up the proper backswing and downswing sequences. I still use them a lot. If you can, post yourself doing the drills here.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

My swing with the FW and my 9 iron

12 hours ago, JuliWooli said:

Hello. As no-one seems to be answering this, I'll have a uninformed, unqualified stab.

My coach always said 'steep to flat'. Steeper shaft on the backswing, flatter on the downswing.

1922829241_Swing1.thumb.jpg.7a59b4a5cf7ee09cfc9823d4036f5855.jpg 

To get your shaft steeper on the backswing, grip the club shorter and on at P3, stop and look where the butt is pointing. Preferably between your ball and the feet.

I'm sure someone will come back with more detailed and informed instruction.

Aha when I am the one looking at my swing alone I do not see that it becomes flat, thanks

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

I am not qualified, by my own admission, to give tips, but I think your swing is pretty decent as is. I wonder if you have taken any professional lessons? If not, probably a good idea, especially with the technology that is out there. They should give you many good tips and also a video that displays what they want you to work on. Good luck, friend!

Thomas Gralinski, 2458080

16 minutes ago, Billy Z said:

I am not qualified, by my own admission, to give tips, but I think your swing is pretty decent as is. I wonder if you have taken any professional lessons? If not, probably a good idea, especially with the technology that is out there. They should give you many good tips and also a video that displays what they want you to work on. Good luck, friend!

Thanks Billy, I did not get professional lessons and a lot of technology is not available on Guam including a proper fitting. It would be nice to get fitted properly as the body ages so is the need to get the eqpt properly built for the aging body. I have been trying to follow videos on YouTube (Mobile Clubmaker, TXG and Rick Shields)on how to fit myself with my clubs. A few days ago I bought a swing weight scale and some lead tape. I have also been playing around with the head weights on my Titleist driver which is an old one. I used to use my TaylorMade M2 but I cut it shorter and now it is too light and I do not have extra weights for it nor do I know what weight it has now. 

I am hoping to go to CA this year and get fitted there properly. But for now I am working with this old body and doing what I can do to have a better swing with hopefully the help from you guys...

• iacas changed the title to My Swing (GuamAP2)
10 hours ago, GuamAP2 said:

Thanks Billy, I did not get professional lessons and a lot of technology is not available on Guam including a proper fitting. It would be nice to get fitted properly as the body ages so is the need to get the eqpt properly built for the aging body. I have been trying to follow videos on YouTube (Mobile Clubmaker, TXG and Rick Shields)on how to fit myself with my clubs. A few days ago I bought a swing weight scale and some lead tape. I have also been playing around with the head weights on my Titleist driver which is an old one. I used to use my TaylorMade M2 but I cut it shorter and now it is too light and I do not have extra weights for it nor do I know what weight it has now. 

I am hoping to go to CA this year and get fitted there properly. But for now I am working with this old body and doing what I can do to have a better swing with hopefully the help from you guys...

Check out those drills I posted above. Your swing has a lot of good fundamentals. With a few adjustments, you can get to better ball striking and shot control.

Also, if you are interested in lessons, I highly recommend Evolvr. You send in videos like the ones above and the instructor sends back a detailed analysis for what you need to work on. I’ve been using it for a few years. It’s not just for full swing either. I’ve sent in putting, chipping, pitching, sand shots and partial full shots for analysis.

Scott

My Swing Thread

18 hours ago, boogielicious said:

Check out those drills I posted above. Your swing has a lot of good fundamentals. With a few adjustments, you can get to better ball striking and shot control.

Also, if you are interested in lessons, I highly recommend Evolvr. You send in videos like the ones above and the instructor sends back a detailed analysis for what you need to work on. I’ve been using it for a few years. It’s not just for full swing either. I’ve sent in putting, chipping, pitching, sand shots and partial full shots for analysis.

Thank you, I will

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
(edited)

Since the pandemic I built myself a net and a nice mat and began hitting balls. I never went to the driving range because my body is sore after and when I go out to play I suck because of the hurt in my body. I am 58 yrs old.

Now since the mat and net I have taken a video of my swing and try to correct the faults. Since then my body does not hurt as much and I began to see improvements. I also followed Mobile Clubmaker and fitted the driver myself based on his video. Now I am hitting my driver with much consistency. My weak point now is putting. I am now trying to build my own putting green at home ( it is a long shot).

My last outing is shot a 52 at the easy front nine. I think I hit all the bunkers I could and 3 putted on quite a few holes. Now on the harder back nine, I shot a 42, never hit it into a bunker and max was a 2 putt.... oh well the journey continues

TheGolfather
Onward Talofofo Golf Resort
Onward Talofofo
White Tees - 68.1 / 120
April 09, 2021, Talofofo GU
View Scorecards at play.golfshot.com
View Scorecards at play.golfshot.com

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 OUT 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 IN TOTAL  
  Distance 459 160 341 491 320 156 366 397 343 3033 545 339 282 337 163 330 167 340 502 3005 6038  
  Handicap 15 3 11 7 9 13 1 5 17   16 14 8 2 18 12 10 4 6      
  Par 5 3 4 5 4 3 4 4 4 36 5 4 4 4 3 4 3 4 5 36 72  
  Score

Round Score +1 +2 +3 +3 +6 +7 +8 +8 +10 +10 +12 +12 +11 +10 +11 +12 +13 +12 +11 +1 +11  
  Net Score 6 4 5 5 7 4 5 4 6 46 7 4 3 3 4 5 4 3 4 37 83  
  Tee Club 1W 6i 3W 1W 5W 7i 1W 1W 1W   3W 1W 3W 3W 7i 3W 8i 1W 1W      
  Fairways Fairway Hit   Fairway Hit Fairway Hit Fairway Hit   Fairway Hit Fairway Hit Fairway Hit 71% Fairway Hit Fairway Hit Fairway Hit Fairway Hit   Fairway Hit   Fairway Hit Fairway Hit 100% 86%  
  Gir Fairway Hit Fairway Hit Fairway Hit Fairway Hit Fairway Hit Fairway Hit Fairway Hit Fairway Hit Fairway Hit 22% Fairway Hit Fairway Hit Fairway Hit Fairway Hit Fairway Hit Fairway Hit Fairway Hit Fairway Hit Fairway Hit 33% 28%  
  Putts 2 2 2 3 4 3 2 1 2 21 2 2 2 2 2 2 1 1 1 15 36  
  Sand Shots -- 1 -- -- -- -- 1 1 2 5 1 -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 1 6  
  Penalties -- -- -- -- 1 -- -- -- -- 1 -- -- -- -- -- 1 2 -- -- 3

IMG_20210320_161207_355.jpg

Edited by iacas
fixed table width
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 11 months later...

In the search for a more consistent game I have switched my grip size the way I grip the golf club and try to fix the slice all in one swoop during the pandemic. When I went to CA I decided it was time for new clubs and get a proper fitting for a set from driver, woods, hybrid , irons, wedges and putter. It took 7 weeks or more for the clubs to arrive, they felt great but realized I lost a lot of distance on the entire range from driver to wedges. These clubs felt much lighter. Now my handicap has gone from a 15.2 at the lowest with my old clubs to a 19 now with the new set. I will post a video of my swing with the new clubs. Need help

GOLF CLUBS SPECS COMPARISON.pdf

15 hours ago, GuamAP2 said:

In the search for a more consistent game I have switched my grip size the way I grip the golf club and try to fix the slice all in one swoop during the pandemic. When I went to CA I decided it was time for new clubs and get a proper fitting for a set from driver, woods, hybrid , irons, wedges and putter. It took 7 weeks or more for the clubs to arrive, they felt great but realized I lost a lot of distance on the entire range from driver to wedges. These clubs felt much lighter. Now my handicap has gone from a 15.2 at the lowest with my old clubs to a 19 now with the new set. I will post a video of my swing with the new clubs. Need help

GOLF CLUBS SPECS COMPARISON.pdf 34.13 kB · 3 downloads

You got fitted and you lost distance? How were you hitting the clubs during the fitting compared to your old set?

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

13 hours ago, billchao said:

You got fitted and you lost distance? How were you hitting the clubs during the fitting compared to your old set?

I really have no answer for this question and that is what I am trying to figure out

7 hours ago, GuamAP2 said:

I really have no answer for this question and that is what I am trying to figure out

I think you should discuss this with the fitter.

Scott

My Swing Thread

8 hours ago, GuamAP2 said:

I think you misunderstood the question. I’m asking you if there was any noticeable change in distance during your fitting.

Bill

My Swing Thread

Note: This thread is 753 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!