IGNORED

New "Bad Seed" User Group

iacas
Note: This thread is 5861 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator
I'm fairly new to this forum. How do you give positive reputation points? How do you get them? I'm guessing you get them for having valuable comments to add to the forums, etc, but how do you give them? Thanks!

This is covered in the "welcome" thread:

http://thesandtrap.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6472

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Anyone remember GitrDone or whatever he was called?

I remember GITrDONE (or however it was spelled), but not fondly -- I can't find this character under "Members" so maybe this character has been deleted from the "Members" list?

• Administrator
Please note that giving positive reputation points solely to balance out some negative reputation is not condoned. The positive reputation will be removed and the giver will likely be warned and/or receive a drop in their reputation as well.

Let me put it this way: r7 425 is in the Bad Seed group because he was a bad seed. I received complaints from tens of people and had issues with him myself. He's yet to do anything to apologize, admit that he flat out lied several times, or to otherwise show that he was going to change his ways.

He's earned the negative reputation he has. I'm hopeful he'll earn back a positive reputation, but he has to earn it.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Please note that giving positive reputation points solely to balance out some negative reputation is not condoned. The positive reputation will be removed and the giver will likely be warned and/or receive a drop in their reputation as well.

An anonymous example would have sufficed.

Driver: Cobra S2 9.5 Fubuki 73 Stiff | Wood: Titleist 909H 17 Aldila Voodoo Stiff | Irons: Titleist ZB 3-5, ZM 6-PW DG S300 | Wedges: Titleist Vokey SMTC 50.08, 54.11, 60.04 DG S200 | Putter: Scotty Cameron Fastback 1.5 33" | Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

While in theory, I might tend to agree with you, I have been appalled at how unrepentant the fellow about whom you refer has been in regard to his outrageous claims, ill considered remarks, poor grammer and spelling. It is the unrelenting nature of his posts that makes him a prime example of the type of member Iacus refers. Therefore, I would contend Iacus was justified in using this poor fellow's name; well, not even his name but, rather, his member moniker ( ultimately, instructive for the membership and, not really

that embarassing for the member ).

shortgame85
In the Bag:
Driver: :TaylorMade: RBZ 9.5 Reg Flex
3 Wood :TaylorMade: RBZ Reg Flex
Hybrid: Ping G25 Hybrids 17*, 20*, 23*

Irons:Ping G25 5-Gap Wedge, Sr Flex, Vokey 56.14 Spin Mill NS Pro Reg, Flex

Putter: Bobby Grace Center Shaft 32"

this policy is fair to me with the intent of it being to inspire a coherent thoughtfulness in the posting

i am thankful for iacas stating that even though forum members may get negative ratings for lack of cohesive thought as their various statements hold contradictions within themselves, he holds a place of redemption and not contempt

hopefully all members will understand the process of the deluded perceiving themselves as delusioned is a cavern of masks and mirrors, i know, i have been there all the way to the moon and back

They will beat their swords into golf clubs and their spears into putters. Nation will not take up sword against nation, nor will they train for war anymore. Old Tom Morris 2:4

I see one of our newest posters is on his way to the bad seed group.

Or do we have a special place just for trolls?

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

I see one of our newest posters is on his way to the bad seed group.

I don't know about trolls, but we have had a few alts show up here, I think. One person created an alt and was way too obvious about it - the first thing he did with it was to call out a mod.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Ok so we cannot give positive repuatation to a "bad seed" - even though they may be offering some helpful information? Is this correct? Should we just wait till mods/admins believe he/she has earned their promotion back to positive reputation?

WEAPONS:
Taylormade R9 10.5 L Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum stiff 65g
Taylormade R9 15 NU YS+6 stiff 65g
Taylormade R9 19 NU YS+6 stiff 65g
Taylormade Tour Preferred 4-PW KBS Tour X-Stiff Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 51Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 55Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 59Yes! Tracy II putterTitleist...

I think what iacas is saying, is that people were giving out positive rep just to negate the negative rep (i.e., his buddies had his back, so to speak). I got so tired of reading the drivel from the offending poster that I put them on my Ignore list. I think the Bad Seed group is a good idea and I think the "buddies" should be added as well if they're just trying to circumvent the rules.

Ok so we cannot give positive repuatation to a "bad seed" - even though they may be offering some helpful information? Is this correct? Should we just wait till mods/admins believe he/she has earned their promotion back to positive reputation?

Quite the opposite - when a bad seed does something good, you want to give them positive reputation, same as you would for anyone else. But give them positive reputation because they deserve it, not because you feel sorry for them, or because they're your friend, and so on.

The goal is to encourage positive behavior changes.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Quite the opposite - when a bad seed does something good, you want to give them positive reputation, same as you would for anyone else. But give them positive reputation because they deserve it, not because you feel sorry for them, or because they're your friend, and so on.

Grand - this is what I thought. Thanks Shindig. Is this what the Mods/admins say? I've only started to give positive reputation recently - I don't splash it out

Trust is earned!

WEAPONS:
Taylormade R9 10.5 L Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum stiff 65g
Taylormade R9 15 NU YS+6 stiff 65g
Taylormade R9 19 NU YS+6 stiff 65g
Taylormade Tour Preferred 4-PW KBS Tour X-Stiff Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 51Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 55Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 59Yes! Tracy II putterTitleist...

Shin, just the other day you had a 5 then you went to a 6 and today you are a 7. You are racking up the rep, bro...you must have a spectacular aura...

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

Grand - this is what I thought. Thanks Shindig. Is this what the Mods/admins say? I've only started to give positive reputation recently - I don't splash it out

I'm pretty sure it's what the Mods say. It is good that you don't splash out reputation - it would become meaningless if you do. When someone says something helpful and meaningful, or positively contributes, give them good reputation.

Shin, just the other day you had a 5 then you went to a 6 and today you are a 7. You are racking up the rep, bro...you must have a spectacular aura...

I think one of the promotions came from passing 1500 posts. I think some of the post count milestones get you something, possibly on the theory that enough posts without bad reputation must mean something good is coming of this? It isn't why I post, but having that number there is nice.

In any case, I try to be helpful whenever I can and the opportunity presents itself quite often, probably due to the frequency with which I check this board. Some of those helpfulness pieces come back in the form of reputation. I think Ben is a 7 also - he's frequently helping folks, too. And his word carries a bit more weight than mine does, I feel.

-- Michael | My swing! 

Thats what i'd like to bring up again, when you see a good post. give some Rep. Its nice to see that your helping people out when you check the reasons why you got rep.
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

Thats what i'd like to bring up again, when you see a good post. give some Rep. Its nice to see that your helping people out when you check the reasons why you got rep.

I've been trying to give some out to people that look like they deserve some

I still can't figure out how to check what others have left. I know it's supposed to be in the CP but I haven't seen it. Is it something you can only see after the 30 period?

...the world is full of people happy to tell you that your dreams are unrealistic, that you don't have the talent to realize them. - Bob Rotella

Driver - Taylormade R1.
Fairway - Taylormade R9 15º.
Hybrid - A3OS 3 Hybrid.

Irons - Cast CCI 4-AW.

Wedge - SV Tour 56º wedge.

ahh. The fun life of being a mod/admin! On one of the boards I mod we supplement our operating costs by allowing users to ban other users for $5 (the ban is for a period of time) and allow a change of the user name for $5 for a certain period of time. Supplants our advertising/sponsors and allows other users the ability to vent steam. It's a concurrent banning, though. So A can ban B for a week and then the next week C can then ban B... Such fun!

In my bag you'll find:

Irons[SIZE="1"] Big Bertha X-Fuision 5 ~ PW (graphite)
Hybrids 3DX Genex 2i (17*) and 4i (23*) (steel)
SW 256.10 Vokey Black Nickle (56* / 10*) (steel)LW 260.4 Vokey oil can (60* / 4*) (steel)Woods G2i (17*) 3w (graphite)Putter 34" Newport Detour

I still can't figure out how to check what others have left. I know it's supposed to be in the CP but I haven't seen it. Is it something you can only see after the 30 period?

When you go to userCP:

http://thesandtrap.com/forum/usercp.php The Top category lists: New Subscribed Threads: The next category below that will list: Latest Reputation Received (with the date it was recieved and the post it was for).

In my bag:

Driver: Burner TP 8.5*
Fairway metals/woods: Burner TP 13* Tour Spoon, and Burner TP 17.5*
Irons: RAC MB TP Wedges: RAC TPPutter: Spider Ball: (varies ) (Most of the time): TP Red or HX Tour/56---------------------------------------------------

Note: This thread is 5861 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!