• Administrator
8 hours ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Do you remember the titanium golf balls?  Off a titanium driver face those suckers should have gone 500 yards!

The titanium in golf balls is typically in the white paint.

• Thanks 1
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

5 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Thank you Mr. Nye.  Where can I buy these neodymium golf balls you speak of?

At the neodymium store. Duh.

• Funny 1

On 4/3/2021 at 4:22 PM, billchao said:

The core comes into play more than the cover at driver speeds. That and the impact location on the club itself. Mishits are louder.

I wrote a reply but think I forgot to log in first so let me try again, I hit the ball on my home range today with my old M1 driver and it had a definite "clank" to it but wasn't nearly as loud as it was when I hit it from my PXG so I'm going to concede that a mishit may have played into the obnoxiously loud noise it made previously. It was also at least 10 degrees warmer out today so that might also have played a small part in the lesser noise. In any event, I'm definitely not buying any of those balls no matter how cheaply they sell them.

10 hours ago, iacas said:

The titanium in golf balls is typically in the white paint.

You beat me too it. Titanium dioxide is a very common white pigment. It replace the lead based pigments.

3 hours ago, boogielicious said:

You beat me too it. Titanium dioxide is a very common white pigment. It replace the lead based pigments.

The advertisement says:

Spalding Molitor is designed for ultimate distance. The all-new Super Reactive Titanium Core produces high energy and superior distance, while an Ionomer Cover enhances initial velocity and flight.

Spalding Molitor Golf Balls [15-Ball] | RockBottomGolf.com

4 minutes ago, Zippo said:

The advertisement says:

Spalding Molitor is designed for ultimate distance. The all-new Super Reactive Titanium Core produces high energy and superior distance, while an Ionomer Cover enhances initial velocity and flight.

Spalding Molitor Golf Balls [15-Ball] | RockBottomGolf.com

It could be titanium powder in the plastic. It’s is extremely doubtful it’s solid titanium, which would be wicked expensive. 

3 hours ago, boogielicious said:

So there was no improved performance with the titanium golf ball? It was just safer to chew on.

Hey Zippo, I tried out my found Molitor ball today.  Interestingly enough it has the Kiawah Island Ocean Course logo on it.  This year's site of the PGA Championship.  A touring pro must have lost it...

molitor back.jpg

molitor front.jpg

1 hour ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Hey Zippo, I tried out my found Molitor ball today.  Interestingly enough it has the Kiawah Island Ocean Course logo on it.  This year's site of the PGA Championship.  A touring pro must have lost it...

molitor back.jpg

molitor front.jpg

If its a Molitor it must be from an ex tour pro!