IGNORED

Sick of Tim Rosaforte?

GottaBreak80
Note: This thread is 3770 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I have decided that I can't stand this guy any more. You know who he is, the bald guy on PGA Tour SUnday on USA? Writes for GolfWorld? The guy with the Tiger fetish?

I've had it with him and his blind love for everything Tiger does. In a column he wrote about the PGA Championship in GW he defended Tiger going for th egreen in 2 on 17 on Friday. Tiger eventually almost made it but ended up in that horid lie in the bunker and made bogey, which forced him to birdie 18 to make the cut. Rosaforte said Tiger was not trying to make the cut but rather trying to get back into the competition.

I disagree !!!

You can't be in the competition if you don't make the cut, right? Tiger played 17 and 18 badly all week. Before the PGA started he said 17 was a 3 shot hole and then he tried to go for it in 2 every time. Instead of making it a 90 yard par 3 which should have yielded some birdies, he almost missed the cut because of it.

Tiger shot a total of -1 for the week on 17 and 18. If he had tried to make birdies instead of eagles he would have the Trifecta for the year.

So Tim, wipe those glasses of yours clean, unplug your nose from Tiger's behind, and start reporting it like it really is!

(Note: Sorry for the rant, but this guy really pissed me off this time)

I read the article you are referring to and it occured to me that Rosaforte is the staff Tiger lover at SI. I really fell they drew straws to find out who would be pro-Tiger and he pulled the short one. His articles are interesting, but one-sided. I think you have to read another staff member to get anything critical of Woods. I believe he is predicting Tiger's best play in the coming years. It would be something for Woods to top 2000-2001 but we will have to wait and see.

Jeff

10.5° Callaway FT-iZ Tour

18°, 20°, 23° Adams Idea Pro Prototype Hybrid

4-9 Titleist 690.CB
48° Titleist Vokey Tour Nickel
54°, 58° Titleist Vokey Tour Oil Can

Scotty Cameron NP2, 33"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
I've had it with him and his blind love for everything Tiger does. In a column he wrote about the PGA Championship in GW he

I think it was the right decision.

Tiger eventually almost made it but ended up in that horid lie in the bunker and made bogey, which forced him to birdie 18 to make the cut.

99 times out of 100 Tiger would have made birdie or eagle after hitting that shot. He just happened to get an absolutely terrible break. Luck is a part of golf, and just as Tiger gets good breaks he gets bad. He pulled the shot off - it was the right decision.

Rosaforte said Tiger was not trying to make the cut but rather trying to get back into the competition.

Tiger is always trying to win. Making cuts (records numbers in a row) is a byproduct of that. Not the other way around.

I disagree !!!

As I do with you.

You can't be in the competition if you don't make the cut, right?

You seem to misunderstand the mentality of a winner, and a grinder like Tiger. Their goal is never "make the cut." Their goal is always to win. Always.

Tiger shot a total of -1 for the week on 17 and 18. If he had tried to make birdies instead of eagles he would have the Trifecta for the year.

There are a thousand what-ifs. What if he had putted better at the US Open? What if what if what if what if? You don't know that he would have won if he had played the holes differently. He may have missed the cut playing as you suggest.

So Tim, wipe those glasses of yours clean, unplug your nose from Tiger's behind, and start reporting it like it really is!

I don't particularly care for Tim Rosaforte either, but I fail to see how what you've done is any different than what he's done. In fact, your variety may be worse - you're simply speculating.

(Note: Sorry for the rant, but this guy really pissed me off this time)

No problem. And my responses above are meant as a conversation, a debate, not any sort of personal attack. So don't read any malice into it.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Well, it's easy for me to sit at home and say Tiger shouldn't have gone for the 17th green in two. And trust me, I think his iron play is good enough to make any par-5 a 3-shot hole. So I think he should have laid up to be honest.

That being said, Tiger knows what he can and can't do, and like Erik said, he usually gets the job done in some form or fashion. So if Tiger thought he could get an eagle or birdie by going for it in 2, then that's what he should have done.

I haven't read that article in GW, but I guess I need to. It's been sitting on my coffee table for a week or two now. :/

Rosaforte don't bother me too bad. He is like a million other media members who drool over everything Tiger does or doesn't do. Then again, hasn't Tiger given them a reason to act like that?

That being said, Tiger knows what he can and can't do, and like Erik said, he usually gets the job done in some form or fashion. So if Tiger thought he could get an eagle or birdie by going for it in 2, then that's what he should have done.

I guess Tiger knows what he's doing. And what do I know anyway, I never had to play an uphill 650 yard par-5 in my life. And in hindsight you can say anything but I still look at the results of -1 in 4 rounds from one of the better par-5 converters and that is disappointing. Oh well, he still has a few good years left in him

• 6 years later...

I don't mind Rosaforte with his nose up Tiger's butt.  But I have never seen a bigger name dropper than Rosaforte.  He made a point today on morning drive that he was supposed to have dinner with Payne Stewart two days after Payne's tragic plane crash.

Originally Posted by Wedge

I don't mind Rosaforte with his nose up Tiger's butt.  But I have never seen a bigger name dropper than Rosaforte.  He made a point today on morning drive that he was supposed to have dinner with Payne Stewart two days after Payne's tragic plane crash.

I agree, there isn't anything as annoying as an incessant name dropper.   In fact, Lefty was just telling me that the other day when Jack Nicholson and I ran into him after we dropped by DeNiro's house after playing a quick round with Arnie and the Pope.

To be honest, I would rather listen to Tim Rosaforte than Brandall Chamblee.

Best Regards,
Ryan

In the :ogio: bag:
:nike: VR-S Covert Tour Driver 10.5 :nike: VR-S Covert Tour 3W :titleist: 712U 21*
:nike: VR Pro Blades 4-PW :vokey: Vokeys 52*, 56* & 60* :scotty_cameron: Studio Select Newport 2
:leupold:
:true_linkswear: 

I tried to read the totally overrated "Golf is Not a Game of Perfect" and thought the subtitle should have been, ". . . but it is a game of namedropping."

Originally Posted by Clambake

I agree, there isn't anything as annoying as an incessant name dropper.   In fact, Lefty was just telling me that the other day when Jack Nicholson and I ran into him after we dropped by DeNiro's house after playing a quick round with Arnie and the Pope.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Originally Posted by RPMPIRE

To be honest, I would rather listen to Tim Rosaforte than Brandall Chamblee.

Or any of those other douche bags on Golf Channel…

In my Ogio bag.

Titleist 910D2 driver, Adams irons & hybrid, Callaway wedges & a Nike Method putter.

And a yellow ball.

The great irony of life: "If nobody gets out alive, what's holding you back!?"

• 3 months later...

He adds no value at all to broadcasting on any level.  It has nothing to do with Tiger one way or the other.  When he isn't texting someone "in the know" he is having lunch with them, or catching a source in the parking lot, or playing a round with a golfer's agent.  All by himself he seems determined to change golf lexicon with never ending references to the letter "T" rather than just calling it "tied" like the rest of us.  He never stops forcing us to buy into his credibility based on his use of the basic tools attendant to his trade.  He rambles about any given player's life on a thousand mundane fronts .  I don't care to know how he did his elementary research especially when it leads to conclusions any middle school journalist could develop on a bad day.  Someone in management needs to perform true research relative to his likeability factor and make a command decision.  There are basic managemnt fundamentals involved in running a sports broadcast.  I look forward to the day when that fact eventually catches up to this guy. All just one man's opinion so perhaps it is just me.... but it is hard to believe others don't feel very much the same.... others who like me, switch the channel as soon as I can the minute he predictably starts down his usual worthless on-air pathways.  There are untold hundreds of replacements who could fill that role...  I'm patiently waiting for any one of them to step in so that I can get back to enjoying golf on television again.

Originally Posted by golfsot

He adds no value at all to broadcasting on any level.  It has nothing to do with Tiger one way or the other.  When he isn't texting someone "in the know" he is having lunch with them, or catching a source in the parking lot, or playing a round with a golfer's agent.  All by himself he seems determined to change golf lexicon with never ending references to the letter "T" rather than just calling it "tied" like the rest of us.  He never stops forcing us to buy into his credibility based on his use of the basic tools attendant to his trade.  He rambles about any given player's life on a thousand mundane fronts .  I don't care to know how he did his elementary research especially when it leads to conclusions any middle school journalist could develop on a bad day.  Someone in management needs to perform true research relative to his likeability factor and make a command decision.  There are basic managemnt fundamentals involved in running a sports broadcast.  I look forward to the day when that fact eventually catches up to this guy. All just one man's opinion so perhaps it is just me.... but it is hard to believe others don't feel very much the same.... others who like me, switch the channel as soon as I can the minute he predictably starts down his usual worthless on-air pathways.  There are untold hundreds of replacements who could fill that role...  I'm patiently waiting for any one of them to step in so that I can get back to enjoying golf on television again.

Welcome to the site golfshot and thanks for posting.  I feel similarly about Rosaforte, can sometimes be tough to stomach how full he is of himself.  It is pretty funny to hear him talk about how he gets his stories or calls caddies and players by their nicknames

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Number of name and date drops (players, years, and courses): lost count at six Number of asinine stories that have no point: two [VIDEO]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBZdVStp9EE[/VIDEO]

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

I didn't care for him back when he wrote for The Palm Beach Post. Back then, in the early 90's, he had a major hard on against Payne Stewart - he didn't like his knickers, didn't like his aw shucks Texas mien, felt he was an embarrassment to the tour.

Rosaforte is not only a douche, he has been for 20 years. The next thing he gets correct with be the first.

Payne Stewart?

Originally Posted by zipazoid

I didn't care for him back when he wrote for The Palm Beach Post.

Tim was the golf writer here in WPB and really made a name for himself and has risen to the ranks of one of the top golf writers in the country. I think I would be a little full of myself too.  OK, probably not that full.

This has to be one of the oldest threads that I have ever seen revived.  Good use of search and not starting a new one.

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

• 1 year later...

The problem with Tim Rosaforte is that he is not nearly as intelligent as he thinks he is.  He just parrots; he doesn't really think for himself.

The same is true for about 95% of television sports personalities.  I have friends who do all the research and write all the copy for these 'talking heads' at ESPN, Fox Sports and NBC Sports.  A lot of them couldn't hold a semi-intelligent conversation surrounding the sport they cover with the average fan.

It's almost comical how little input comes from them as opposed to the team of hired writers and researchers they've got.

CY

Career Bests
- 18 Holes - 72 (+1) - Par 71 - Pine Island Country Club - 6/25/2022
- 9 Holes - 36 (E) - Par 36 - Pine Island Country Club - 6/25/2022

PS - I just realized I replied to a reply of a thread that's over 8 years old and has been dead for almost 2 years.  Sorry...

CY

Career Bests
- 18 Holes - 72 (+1) - Par 71 - Pine Island Country Club - 6/25/2022
- 9 Holes - 36 (E) - Par 36 - Pine Island Country Club - 6/25/2022

Note: This thread is 3770 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!