IGNORED

Will There Be a Baseball Work Stoppage in 2022?

ChetlovesMer

What Will Happen In Baseball In 2022?   

6 members have voted

1. 1. Will The MLB Have A Work Stoppage In 2022?

• No - The season will happen as planned including spring training.
    • Yes - But it will only affect spring training.
    • Yes - But it will only affect spring training and the first couple weeks of the season.
    • Yes - But they will get it together in time for a short season and "normal" play-offs/World Series.
    • Yes - The entire 2022 season will be cancelled.
    • I couldn't care less. I don't follow MLB Baseball.

Will there be a baseball Lockout or Strike in 2022?

3000.jpeg

NEW YORK (AP) — A work stoppage at the start of spring training 2022 seems increasingly likely after baseball players refused to negotiate with owners over a one-month delay for this spring training and regular season...

What do you all think?

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I hope not. The sport is in a precarious position as it is. I cannot predict what will happen.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision -MEVO+

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

I don't see why. 

They got a while before there is a real danger of losing the 2022 season. I suspect they'll push the envelope as far as they can, but settle when the possibility of losing real serious money presents itself.

I'm of the mindset, "Who cares?"   

before you rip me a new one, I live in Michigan.   We don't have any real professional sports teams yet.

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

I heard a blurb about this on ESPN Radio yesterday. They were saying the two sides are "Miles" apart and they haven't been meeting at all yet because of Covid. 

In my mind I thought, have they not heard of Zoom Calls?

1 hour ago, boogielicious said:

I hope not. The sport is in a precarious position as it is. I cannot predict what will happen.

I'm with you. It does feel like if they have a work stoppage they'd be killing the goose which lays the golden eggs. 

By I think if anything happens the players just won’t show up for spring training. 

If the owners and players don’t want to work out a CBA, the players should just not show up for spring training.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2021 :srixon: Z-Star XV

Driver: :srixon:: ZX7  3W: ZX 7W: :tmade: SLDR

I (4-AW): :srixon: ZX7 54°, 58°, 62°: :cleveland: RTX Zipcore

Putter: Meridian Charleston with my daughters names on the rear bumpers.

• 8 months later...

It looks like everyone who voted the season would start as planned is going to be wrong. 

😢

• Thumbs Up 1

50 minutes ago, ChetlovesMer said:

It looks like everyone who voted the season would start as planned is going to be wrong. 

😢

Those schmucks deserve what they get. 

Personally, it's hard to care a whole lot until April. Even then, I won't miss baseball much until hockey season is over.  July will be pretty boring if there is no baseball by then.