IGNORED

Bidets

iacas
Note: This thread is 805 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator

So… one of the soft close "valves" or whatever you call them snapped and so our soft close toilet seat wasn't softly closing anymore. I could have spent anywhere from about $30 to $50 on a new soft close toilet seat, but I saw these at Lowe's and picked one up. They were $99 at Lowe's, but for the ease of returning, it was worth the extra $10. I also bought another seat at the time in case, which I can return as well if needed.

I installed it. It was very easy.

It doesn't heat the water, it just uses the ambient temperature. Which is fine. It's semi-powerful. It has 4.7 stars in 171 ratings at Lowe's, and 4.6 out of 5 in 1507 reviews at Amazon.

I only used it the one time so far, but… I think it might have been a good purchase.

Anyone else use a little water to clean up a bit? It's been done in other countries for a LOOOOONG time, and sometimes I think it's funny that as far as we've come as humans, we still poop and pee into a little pot of water, and then just kinda wipe ourselves with paper.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

My wife thinks it’s weird, but I would get one.   I basically have my own bathroom in our bar and could probably install one.  But I’d probably wait until my kids are older because I know they would cause havoc with it.

—Adam

• Administrator
Just now, imsys0042 said:

My wife thinks it’s weird, but I would get one.   I basically have my own bathroom in our bar and could probably install one.  But I’d probably wait until my kids are older because I know they would cause havoc with it.

I installed this one in ten minutes, and you just twist a knob to open and close the bidet. The little stems retract after use, and it self-cleans as well. The whole lid comes off with a push of a button for easier cleaning.

I've only used it the one time, but my wife did too and we'd both recommend it at this point. Again, just the one use so far. 😄

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

1 hour ago, iacas said:

and then just kinda wipe ourselves with paper.

We've had a bidet for about 2.5 years now and I could never go back to just a regular toilet seat/paper.

My friend who sold me on getting a one asked me something like: "If you got dogsh*t all over your hands, would you just wipe it off with paper and go about your day?"

1 hour ago, imsys0042 said:

wait until my kids are older because I know they would cause havoc with it.

My kids have learned how to use the bidet now, but when I first installed it there was one incident where one of them turned the knob on out of curiosity and shot a forceful stream of water into the storage rack across from the toilet, soaking a bunch of towels and stuff.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

There were a few things on my list of "to do" items with my then-newly-moved-into house that I had planned for Spring Break 2020.  I wish I had thought to at least purchase the supplies a month before, because when I went to do it, it was during the great Toilet Paper Rush of '20.  Fortunately, I didn't lack on that.

So, maybe like the home gym, this is going to be one of those "I meant to do it in early 2020" things I finally get done in 2021. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

#bidetsforever

I think the US is behind the times or whatever the term is in this respect. One perk of some of the Japanese restaurants here are the Japanese made bidets in its restrooms. 

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

2 hours ago, nevets88 said:

#bidetsforever

I think the US is behind the times or whatever the term is in this respect. 

I see what you did there 😊

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

14 hours ago, woodzie264 said:

I see what you did there 😊

Happy Eddie Murphy GIF by Laff

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

On 8/6/2021 at 11:56 AM, iacas said:

So… one of the soft close "valves" or whatever you call them snapped and so our soft close toilet seat wasn't softly closing anymore. I could have spent anywhere from about $30 to $50 on a new soft close toilet seat, but I saw these at Lowe's and picked one up. They were $99 at Lowe's, but for the ease of returning, it was worth the extra $10. I also bought another seat at the time in case, which I can return as well if needed.

I installed it. It was very easy.

It doesn't heat the water, it just uses the ambient temperature. Which is fine. It's semi-powerful. It has 4.7 stars in 171 ratings at Lowe's, and 4.6 out of 5 in 1507 reviews at Amazon.

I only used it the one time so far, but… I think it might have been a good purchase.

Anyone else use a little water to clean up a bit? It's been done in other countries for a LOOOOONG time, and sometimes I think it's funny that as far as we've come as humans, we still poop and pee into a little pot of water, and then just kinda wipe ourselves with paper.

I have 2 of these, one in my downstairs bathroom and another in the master bedroom bathroom, since it is summer right now I don't mind the ambient water temp but I'm thinking when I start my remodels of the bathrooms hopefully next year I can pipe in a hot water line to mix with the cold so it will be comfortable during the cold months. It also doesn't surprise me that this isn't nearly as popular here in America I mean damn near half the population wont get a simple vaccine that's been proven safe and effective.

Rich C.

Driver Titleist 915 D3  9.5*
3 Wood TM RBZ stage 2 tour  14.5*
2 Hybrid Cobra baffler 17*
4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW
Wedges 54* and 58* Titleist vokey
Putter Scotty Cameron square back 2014
Ball Srixon Zstar optic yellow
bushnell V2 slope edition

Spent some time in Japan, and now that I am building my home for my main base, yes every water closet will have one and of course the hot water will connect to each. Also a fan of Kohler, from the Old Course Hotel to the American Club. Kohler knows how water can improve lives. 

Aloha,

iSank

Hi, I live on a small island in the Pacific Ocean.

• 3 months later...
On 8/12/2021 at 10:05 PM, iSank said:

Spent some time in Japan, and now that I am building my home for my main base, yes every water closet will have one and of course the hot water will connect to each. Also a fan of Kohler, from the Old Course Hotel to the American Club. Kohler knows how water can improve lives. 

Aloha,

iSank

And three months later, looks like Toto is the clear winner. In the showroom we saw a $10,000.00 one and while we didn’t get that one, the one’s we chose make our current toilets seem like antiques. No more raising or lowering the seat, don’t even have to flush, it’s does that for me too. 
crazy stuff. 

Hi, I live on a small island in the Pacific Ocean.

• 2 weeks later...

Late to the party but we have a Toto Washlet.  I don’t use the bidet function… don’t like the idea.  But my wife wanted it.  This thing has all kinds of controls.  Besides Bidet it does a bowl prerinse, it has a fan/deodorizer so there is no smell, it’s lighted and it’s heated..

And an automatic ball washer before the back nine? Seriously the restrooms in Japan were sometimes unnerving when the spray was at high pressure.

• 1 month later...

I was curious as to what percentage of US homes have a bidet, the sources I read are just estimates, 10-15%. I would put it lower than that, even after the issues with the toilet paper shortage. I asked my plumber his guess of how many bidets are installed in the area, he says a quarter of a percent. I was like what, you meant 25%, he says no, so I say, you mean like 1 in 400, he says yep.

I just know going to a public restroom and using paper after using a bidet for awhile, it sucks.

If you're curious as to why this came up, there was a bidet scene in Netflix's Cowboy Bebop.

Steve

• Administrator
3 hours ago, nevets88 said:

I was curious as to what percentage of US homes have a bidet, the sources I read are just estimates, 10-15%.

We have one, but it is only on one of the three toilets we have, and guests would never know we had one. So that might skew your perception, maybe?

8 minutes ago, iacas said:

We have one, but it is only on one of the three toilets we have, and guests would never know we had one. So that might skew your perception, maybe?

Could be. I would count one bidet among multiple toilets as a house with a bidet though, as opposed to all toilets having bidets.

Steve

We have 2 in our home.  We went with BioBidet units that heat the seat and the water.  Now, if I use the toilet in the other bathroom that just has a standard seat, I get a jolt when I sit on the cold seat 😄

Note: This thread is 805 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!