IGNORED

What Do You Do for a Living?

iacas

I work in the tech department of the best bicycle company around.

Driver- titleist.gif 909D2 9.5* 
Fairway Wood- titleist.gif 909F2 15.5* w/ Diamana Blue stiff
Hybrid- titleist.gif 909H 19* 
Irons- mizuno.gifMX-200 4-PW, vokey.gifSM 50.8 bent to 51*, SM 56.11, and TVD 60*M
Putter- cameron.gif Newport 2.5 

I sell appliances at Sears....

Commision vs Draw can be scary

In my bag:

Driver: G5
3 wood: Big Bertha Fusion
5 wood: burner Irons: cci cast 4-PW,AWWedge: SV 56*Putter: Ignite 001

Police Officer at a nut house
Driver: R9 460
3 Wood: Big Bertha Diablo 3D
Hybrid: Rapture 24
Irons: X-22's 4-AW
Wedges: X Forged 58/10Putter: Black Series Tour Design #2 (Righty)Balls: Pro V1x Penta TP

Software Engineer in the logistics industry. Interesting domain, too bad our department is about to be off-shored/out sourced.

I am currently a student and most likely will be trying to get into the Construction Management Technology program at my school. I have done construction jobs in the past and enjoy it quite a bit. I have also worked doing landscaping on condos that are part of a private golf course. This was nice because I was able to golf for free 1 day a week!
In My Bag (upgrading soon hopefully)

Driver: TiSI 10°
Irons: ISI Black Dot 3-PW (minus lost 5i)
Putter G5i Piper JMAX Milled Wedge 52°Ball: Whatever I Can Find

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• TST Partners

TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    ShotScope
    The Stack System
    FlightScope Mevo
    Direct: Mevo, Mevo+, and Pro Package.

Coupon Codes (save 10-15%): "IACAS" for Mevo/Stack, "IACASPLUS" for Mevo+/Pro Package, and "THESANDTRAP" for ShotScope.
    • Wordle 1,055 3/6 ⬛🟨🟨⬛🟨 ⬛🟨⬛🟩🟨 🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 Back on track.
    • In your first shot of every hole you have 4 balls. If you like your 1st ball, you can just play from there your 2nd shot. If you don't you can hit a 2nd ball but first ball is now lost. Same procedure for 3rd and 4th ball. On the 2nd shot, you have now 3 balls. On the 3rd shot you only have 2 balls, and on the 4th shot you only have one shot. He doesn't say anything beyond the 4th shot.  Example: Hole 1.. For his first shot hit ball 1a. Don't like it, hit ball 1b, don't like it. Hit ball 1c, he like it so he don't hit the 1d. He walks to the 1c ball and hit his 2nd shot with ball 2a. He likes it so he don't hit balls 2b or 2c. He plays his 3rd shot with ball 3a, he don't like it. Hit ball 3b to a worst place than 3a. He would love to play 3a but he can't. he is stuck with 3b. He plays his forth short with ball 4a and get the ball into the hole. That's a 4 in the scorecard for hole 1. Hole 2... again you tee off with ball 1a... an have 3 more options if you don't like the shot. I think that this game is going to show us how unrealistic we are about our game. We are going to not choose decent shot in hopes to hit better ones and we are probably going to get stuck with the last ball in most shots that is going to be worst that the previous shots.  Even Padraig is so unrealistic on the last pitch he attempted. From the video I can figure out that he is in two shots on a Par 5. So he have 2 balls for the 3rd shot. He hits his first pitch to 4..5 feet from a really difficult place but because he thinks he should chip-in from green side he ditch that shot and proceed to hit another ball, now he is stuck with the 2nd shot from a tough place. He goes and hit a poor shot leaving him with a long put for birdie. He is lucky enough to make it but in reality he is going to score a lot better in average from 4..5 5 feet for birdie than from 20 yards, from the hazard for eagle.        
    • Day 554, May 9, 2024 Practiced a bit downtown at Golf Evolution. Would have loved to get more work in, but oh well.
    • I think if I could hit a 2nd shot when I did not like the result from the 1st I am sure I would get some lower scores.  I guess the idea is to mentally put yourself in a position where you need to make a really great shot, not just a good shot.  For example, hitting from the lie next to the creek his 1st chip was, in my view, pretty good but it was not "Great" in his opinion so he tried to do better on the mulligan, but he failed and was farther from the hole. I see myself doing this more on the range.  For example, after a period of practice I will mentally say I need to hit 4 good shots in a row.  I start with a Driver and if that is good then I do a 3 Hybrid followed by a pitch with a wedge and finally by a short chip.  If any shot is "Bad" I have to start over.      
    • That’s how I interpreted it. You’re giving yourself two mulligans on every shot. Yea it’s just a variation of getting used to scoring low. I’m curious how valuable that practice is. I guess for some people they feel mounting pressure from playing a string of holes well? I’m kind of the complete opposite TBH. Once I start putting together good holes, I get a little swagger and if anything I get overconfident. I start thinking I can hit the green from anywhere, I can hit my driver to the smallest of targets, and everything inside of 10’ is going in. None of that is true, of course, and I inevitably will hit a miss that brings me back down to earth.

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...