IGNORED

Savannah, Georgia Golf?

Bucki1968

Going to be in the Savannah Georgia area in the Spring for a couple of days. Wondering if I should take the clubs or just check out the city. Done a little research on golf and would appreciate any information/suggestions either way (golf or don't).

My bag:

Taylor Made R7 (x-stiff).
Taylor Made Burner 2 irons (stiff)
Cleveland Wedges (gap and 60)
Odyssey two ball putter (white) 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

2 hours ago, Bucki1968 said:

Going to be in the Savannah Georgia area in the Spring for a couple of days. Wondering if I should take the clubs or just check out the city. Done a little research on golf and would appreciate any information/suggestions either way (golf or don't).

We didn’t golf, but spent a couple of days in Savannah. Nice small city easy to walk around in. They have a bunch of nice restaurants too. I really love the Spanish Moss look on the trees as well. They have a tour of the city on a trolly-type bus that was interesting and a few tours of houses like the one in the movie Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil. They also seem to be really into ghosts. 👻

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• 2 weeks later...

You have a wide range of choices along the Ga coast. from Sea Island to Savannah. Spring will be a good time before the summer heat sets in. And if you mean spring being around March-April time frame....lol

golfnearsavanah.jpg

Edited by Beyondtherough

Thanks for the feedback but have been informed by the boss that we will not be playing golf.

My bag:

Taylor Made R7 (x-stiff).
Taylor Made Burner 2 irons (stiff)
Cleveland Wedges (gap and 60)
Odyssey two ball putter (white) 

18 minutes ago, Bucki1968 said:

Thanks for the feedback but have been informed by the boss that we will not be playing golf.

Bummer!

The Pirate house is a great place to eat. We eat there whenever we get a chance too. But, haven’t made many trips to Savannah in the last year. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Only been to Savannah once and it was for work but the little I saw it was a really nice place and was one of the few cities not destroyed in the civil war.

Rich C.

Driver Titleist 915 D3  9.5*
3 Wood TM RBZ stage 2 tour  14.5*
2 Hybrid Cobra baffler 17*
4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW
Wedges 54* and 58* Titleist vokey
Putter Scotty Cameron square back 2014
Ball Srixon Zstar optic yellow
bushnell V2 slope edition

• 10 months later...

Bacon Park in Savannah is a Donald Ross design that I haven't laid eyes on in decades.  But it's probably worth checking out--per the website it was 'renovated' in 2014.  My grandfather played to a 4 handicap there back in the middle of the last century.  And back then he complained that Augusta National charged five dollars for parking during their April tournament.  That Bobby Jones fella sure had some big city ways, living up there in Atlanta.

5 hours ago, DwightC said:

Bacon Park in Savannah is a Donald Ross design that I haven't laid eyes on in decades.  But it's probably worth checking out--per the website it was 'renovated' in 2014.  My grandfather played to a 4 handicap there back in the middle of the last century.  And back then he complained that Augusta National charged five dollars for parking during their April tournament.  That Bobby Jones fella sure had some big city ways, living up there in Atlanta.

A couple guys I play with played it last year, and enjoyed it. Said it was a fun course, in pretty good shape, and the price was good.