IGNORED

High School Girl Shoots 60

Wanzo
Note: This thread is 1138 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

High school sophomore who plays at my club broke the state record in competition with a 12 under 60.      

791e4754-5316-468e-99c9-a1e9c17c4b79-lar

It was a historic day at the annual Helias Girls Golf Invitational at Meadow Lake Acres Country Club. Father...

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

Matt          My Swing

:ping: G425 Max Driver

Sub 70 3 wood, 3 hybrid and 5-p 639CB

Edison wedges 51, 55, 59

Sub 70 004 Mallet

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I was just watching some episodes of Two and a Half Men, so my reaction is Holy Mother of God.  That is an impressive round

What's in the bag

• Taylor Made r5 dual Draw 9.5* (stiff)
  • Cobra Baffler 4H (stiff)
  • Taylor Made RAC OS 6-9,P,S (regular)
  • Golden Bear LD5.0 60* (regular)
  • Aidia Z-009 Putter
  • Inesis Soft 500 golf ball

I just looked and if they played the "Gold-L" tees the rating is 72.3 and the slope is 126 .  60 is impressive on any course but given 72.3 for a scratch golfer going 60 is outstanding in my mind.  Link to score card is below.

GL_profile_pic_FB.jpg?v=20171227095456

The 18-hole Meadow Lake Acres course at the Meadow Lake Acres Country Club facility in New Bloomfield, features 6,829 yards of golf from the longest tees for a par of 71. The course rating is 72.8 and it has a slope rating of 127...

Stuart M.

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

• iacas changed the title to High School Girl Shoots 60
  • Administrator
53 minutes ago, StuM said:

I just looked and if they played the "Gold-L" tees the rating is 72.3 and the slope is 126 .  60 is impressive on any course but given 72.3 for a scratch golfer going 60 is outstanding in my mind.  Link to score card is below.

FWIW there are no such tees anymore:

Green-W are 72.1/126, so probably those tees.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

20 minutes ago, iacas said:

Green-W are 72.1/126, so probably those tees.

1 hour ago, StuM said:

The local sportscaster posted the card on twitter, it appears it was the red tees so i guess 68.6/121,  She is a long hitter from what I understand so I assume this is a pretty short setup for her (4,891 yds).  I don't know much about girl's golf though.  But it does make me want to try those tees to see what I would shoot....not 60 😀.

card.jpg.33b522953520075e1812db190677e1ab.jpg

Matt          My Swing

:ping: G425 Max Driver

Sub 70 3 wood, 3 hybrid and 5-p 639CB

Edison wedges 51, 55, 59

Sub 70 004 Mallet

36 minutes ago, iacas said:

FWIW there are no such tees anymore:

12 minutes ago, Wanzo said:

The local sportscaster posted the card on twitter, it appears it was the red tees so i guess 68.6/121,  She is a long hitter from what I understand so I assume this is a pretty short setup for her (4,891 yds).  I don't know much about girl's golf though.  But it does make me want to try those tees to see what I would shoot....not 60 😀.

I know I could not do that from any of the tee boxes and for a HS Athlete, a sophomore at that, to accomplish it is impressive.  I'll venture a guess the collegiate scouts will be watching her if they were not already doing so.

Stuart M.

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

• Administrator
32 minutes ago, Wanzo said:

That's pretty much the distance of many HS tournaments. I wondered if they might not play those tees since she did hit 7I into the last, and 441 felt a bit long for that… 😉

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Note: This thread is 1138 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!