IGNORED

Are There Any Golf Video Games With Accurate Greens From Real Courses?

newbiecaddie
Note: This thread is 952 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hi, the title is probably sufficient, but I'm looking for a video game / simulator to speed up development of my green-reading skills at the courses I'm working at; I'm a brand new caddie so I'd like to be as helpful as possible as soon as possible.

From a bit of searching, I can't find anything that fits the bill on the standard gaming systems, but hoping someone has found something. I'd much rather go this route, if possible, instead of green diagrams, as it would be nice to "hit" and get feedback vs. trying to memorize a contour mapping.

Since I assume the answer is "no," has anyone here found a good app that can at least show the effective direction? I downloaded GolfLogix, which seems very cool for this, but I'm wondering how accurate their contours are.

Thanks in advance for any comments!

Edited by newbiecaddie

Welcome to TheSandTrap.  One golf game I've played is online at the World Golf Tour (www.wgt.com).  They have a number of courses that I've played, and the green breaks seem realistic.  But I can't imagine how you could learn anything about reading putts from the green views available in any computer simulation.  If you really want to learn to read greens, I'd suggest finding and taking an Aimpoint clinic.  

• Like 2

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

37 minutes ago, DaveP043 said:

Welcome to TheSandTrap.  One golf game I've played is online at the World Golf Tour (www.wgt.com).  They have a number of courses that I've played, and the green breaks seem realistic.  But I can't imagine how you could learn anything about reading putts from the green views available in any computer simulation.  If you really want to learn to read greens, I'd suggest finding and taking an Aimpoint clinic.  

Hi Dave, thank you for the welcome and thank you for your insight! That's disappointing about the simulators. A really experienced caddie I know thought I might be on to something, but it sounds like in practice it won't really pan out. Might be fun for me to try the game regardless, so I appreciate you sharing the info! Really good to know about the Aimpoint clinic as well. From a brief search after reading your post, it looks really awesome! Thanks again 🙂

2 hours ago, DaveP043 said:

I second this as a game. But for real green reading, you need to be there.

• Like 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Based on the games I've played, 2D just doesn't to the undulations of the green justice. It would definitely have to be VR to be anything close.

• Like 1

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

The one I've played recently has been PGA Tour 2K21 of The Golf Club franchise from HB. In addition to the courses that come with the game, there are thousands of user made courses including those made from LIDAR of famous courses around the globe. Available on PC and Console. 

Julia

:callaway:  :cobra:    :seemore:  :bushnell:  :clicgear:  :adidas:  :footjoy:

Spoiler

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha w/ Fubuki Z50 R 44.5"
FW: Cobra BiO CELL 14.5 degree; 
Hybrids: Cobra BiO CELL 22.5 degree Project X R-flex
Irons: Cobra BiO CELL 5 - GW Project X R-Flex
Wedges: Cobra BiO CELL SW, Fly-Z LW, 64* Callaway PM Grind.
Putter: 48" Odyssey Dart

@newbiecaddie OnCore Golf launch this App last month.
I haven't had time to try it yet, but it looks interesting.

Here is a video demonstration - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGfVVxwPHGc

GreenBreaker is the first and only smartphone app that uses advanced vision and image analysis technology combined with artificial intelligence to read the green and show you an augmented reality overlay so you’re able to anticipate the break and sink more putts.

image.png

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

Like all of them, The Golf Club 2 is good, if not a bit old (2017)--if you take the time to get used the physics of the game. It ain't like putting in RL.  Practice makes perfect....or, almost perfect.

Edited by Tim S

WIMB
TaylorMade Burner driver 10.5* REAX Reg
TaylorMade Burner 3-wood 15* REAX Reg
Mizuno MX-23 4-PW Reg Steel
Mizuno MP Series forged wedges 52, 56, 60
Putter:  Odyssey White Hot Rossie 36" --  Ball: Snell MTB Black

Note: This thread is 952 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!