IGNORED

The Stack System - A Conversation on Gaining Swing Speed

iacas

For anyone who has other speed training systems at their house, Stack has started a trade-in program:

Upgrade to TheStack and get $100 We are excited to announce a $100 trade-in program.  It's simple, here's how it works: Place a new order for the TheStack Fill out the form at the bottom of the page below We'll e-mail you...

The link says you trade in the following: Superspeed sticks (3 sticks required), Rypstick, or Golf Slingshot.

With @iacas's code and the trade in program, it looks like the total would be ~$215 instead of $350. This is just for the stack system; not including a radar.

I am likely going to do this because I have Superspeed sticks currently, and I'll report back on any glitches or issues. I don't expect any.

• Like 1

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 3 weeks later...

My swing speed training has plateaued with the Full Speed Spectrum training. I have maxed out at 112 in 3 of the 9 sessions, and 2 of the past 3. Potential distance of 315. I don’t hit it that far on the course but have noticed my driver distance increasing when I play courses I used to play. Will get another chance to measure late Sunday.

I have been stretching between sessions, but little else. For those Stack users that continued to gain speed, were you supplementing Stack training with other dynamic exercises? Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

FWIW: All the instructors/coaches/trainers I follow on Twitter say the same thing: For swing speed the first step should be strength training with compound movements such as squats, deadlifts, vertical presses, bench presses, rows, chin-ups, and abdominal work, as well as fast-twitch training such as medicine ball throws and slams, jumps, and wood chops.

They also recommend establishing a good fitness/strength foundation before beginning swing speed training.

• Thumbs Up 3

58 minutes ago, SEMI_Duffer said:

FWIW: All the instructors/coaches/trainers I follow on Twitter say the same thing: For swing speed the first step should be strength training with compound movements such as squats, deadlifts, vertical presses, bench presses, rows, chin-ups, and abdominal work, as well as fast-twitch training such as medicine ball throws and slams, jumps, and wood chops.

They also recommend establishing a good fitness/strength foundation before beginning swing speed training.

Completely agree! Full disclosure — I’m not a doctor. Just someone with an opinion. Hahah

• Like 1

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth2+

3W: :taylormade-small: Stealth2

4H: :taylormade-small: Stealth 2

Irons 4I-9I:  :titleist-small: T200

Wedges P, 48: :titleist-small: T200

Wedges 54, 58: :titleist-small: Vokey SM9

Putter:  :odyssey-small: O Works #1 Black

So, I’m 3 sessions in, and enjoying this so far. I’ve been doing the warmup, and while I think it’s helpful, it adds about 15 minutes to everything. Does everyone do the warmup before every session? Or maybe do a shorter version of it?

-- Daniel

I'm not familiar with the swing speed training regimen you're pursuing, but, I would recommend not scrimping on warm-up, whatever it is.

During the training sessions you're working to increase your maximum swing speed, no?  So you're presumably putting out maximum effort.

Warm-ups, be it this, weight/resistance training, what-have-you, prepares the body for the effort to come.  It generates certain chemical and physiological changes that sets the stage, so to say.

When I'm doing one of the "heavy" compound lifts in my gym the application I'm using has me do warm-up sets.  Those take as long as the work sets.

Before I knew better I didn't do warm-up sets.  I used to occasionally experience twinges and pain, once-or-twice even mild injury, as a result.  (Though I didn't realize lack of warm-up was likely the cause back then.)  More recently: Before I inadvertently took eleven weeks off, I was lifting more heavily than I ever had in the years prior, with the only pain being muscle soreness from working hard.

Do the warm-up sets.  Your body will thank you.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Administrator
1 hour ago, DeadMan said:

So, I’m 3 sessions in, and enjoying this so far. I’ve been doing the warmup, and while I think it’s helpful, it adds about 15 minutes to everything. Does everyone do the warmup before every session? Or maybe do a shorter version of it?

I didn't warm up at all. I wouldn't do it first thing in the morning, but… meh.

On the golf course, it might be 10 minutes between full swings on the golf course. 🙂

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

When I did superspeed I never warmed up significantly. Sometimes I would hit 10-15 balls with a 7-iron or do some jumping jacks to just loosen up, but often I just went straight into the speed training. Haven’t started stack yet but likely will do the same. 

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

44 minutes ago, iacas said:

I didn't warm up at all. I wouldn't do it first thing in the morning, but… meh.

On the golf course, it might be 10 minutes between full swings on the golf course. 🙂

This how you coach your players too?  Hahaha. 

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth2+

3W: :taylormade-small: Stealth2

4H: :taylormade-small: Stealth 2

Irons 4I-9I:  :titleist-small: T200

Wedges P, 48: :titleist-small: T200

Wedges 54, 58: :titleist-small: Vokey SM9

Putter:  :odyssey-small: O Works #1 Black

• Administrator
1 hour ago, ChiTown said:

This how you coach your players too?  Hahaha. 

Coach them to do what?

The ten minutes between full swings on the golf course is a reality. It might be longer.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

6 hours ago, iacas said:

True. I am normally walking though so that helps. 

6 hours ago, Darkfrog said:

When I did superspeed I never warmed up significantly.

I tended to do a decent amount of swings lefty and righty before doing super speed. But I definitely feel looser doing the full warmup that Stack has. 

-- Daniel

I’ve done my last 2 sessions with a shorter warm up. I did a few of the exercises from the warm up protocol in stack (the ones that I felt were most helpful to me), took a walk around my block, and did some warm up swings. I think that worked just fine. A little less than 10 minutes to warm up with all that. 

-- Daniel

On 7/24/2023 at 11:23 AM, DeadMan said:

For anyone who has other speed training systems at their house, Stack has started a trade-in program:

Upgrade to TheStack and get $100 We are excited to announce a $100 trade-in program.  It's simple, here's how it works: Place a new order for the TheStack Fill out the form at the bottom of the page below We'll e-mail you...

The link says you trade in the following: Superspeed sticks (3 sticks required), Rypstick, or Golf Slingshot.

With @iacas's code and the trade in program, it looks like the total would be ~$215 instead of $350. This is just for the stack system; not including a radar.

I am likely going to do this because I have Superspeed sticks currently, and I'll report back on any glitches or issues. I don't expect any.

Got my $100 credit. It took about 10 business days after my speed sticks were delivered to them. Easy enough!

• Thumbs Up 1

-- Daniel

• 2 weeks later...

I'd really like to get this system.

BUUUUUUTTTT............ I don't use or own any Apple Products. 

Should I just give up on the dream of this ever being produced for Android? 

Is SuperSpeed the next best thing to this for those of us who aren't I-heads? 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

3 hours ago, ChetlovesMer said:

I'd really like to get this system.

BUUUUUUTTTT............ I don't use or own any Apple Products. 

I bought a cheap ipad for use with both The Stack and the Mevo+ for my garage simulator.

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :titleist: ProV1x Left Dash

On 8/31/2023 at 10:46 AM, ChetlovesMer said:

They aren't saying it won't happen. They aren't saying it will.  See: I'm an Android user, what are my options?

(I am kind of surprised they don't have an Android version of their app available, yet.)

On 8/31/2023 at 10:46 AM, ChetlovesMer said:

From what I've read they accomplish much the same thing, but, in different ways.  Also, from what I've read, I prefer TSS' "biohack" approach.

My wife and I use iThings, so this is easy for me to say, but, I think that, were we still Android users, I'd be inclined to acquire an economical iPad and go with TSS.

Though we switched to iThings years ago, I still keep an Android tablet handy for a couple apps that aren't on iOS/iPadOS. When it dies, someday, I'll probably go out and acquire another for that reason.

On 8/12/2023 at 2:01 PM, Darkfrog said:

When I did superspeed I never warmed up significantly. Sometimes I would hit 10-15 balls with a 7-iron or do some jumping jacks to just loosen up, but often I just went straight into the speed training. Haven’t started stack yet but likely will do the same. 

I follow the video warmup prior to each session.  I tried to go straight into the program after playing  18 and a 30-minute drive home a few times. Could not come anywhere close to validating my swing speed. The warmup is 15 minutes long and has helped me. Of course, I am old but I always needed to warmup well prior to weightlifting and tennis.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Question for the group.

In the spring I am planning to start new lessons via "Evolver" and expect changes to my swing to be suggested.  I'm also thinking about The Stack to increase my swing speed.  My question is, should I hold off on The Stack until I get any changes suggested by Evolver to be engrained into my swing before I start the speed training or can I do both at the same time?

I want more speed for more distance but I figure a better swing should be top priority.

Thoughts?

Stuart M.

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold)