IGNORED

Titleist Introduces Radar-Enhanced Pro V1/V1x RCT

iacas

23 minutes ago, iacas said:

As @phillyk said… I'll use them sparingly (not hitting them out onto the range, obviously!) for the times I want to get super accurate ball info.

For general GEARS usage, I bought some AAAAA Pro V1 and V1x (48 of each) from LostGolfBalls.com. When I want to put the Mevo+ or FlightScope Xi Tour/X3 up, I'll get the RCT out. Or maybe for some sim golf on the Mevo+.

They won't be hit for just general practice, if that's what you're asking. 😄 

Yeah, too expensive for that, just didn’t know if that information/feedback is super helpful for instructional purposes. Cool stuff though

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
Just now, woodzie264 said:

Yeah, too expensive for that, just didn’t know if that information/feedback is super helpful for instructional purposes. Cool stuff though

It's super good for the most accurate info.

So, when just working on your swing? Not necessarily what you need. When doing a fitting or trying to measure your distances or really look at your ball flight or something? It'll be useful.

The balls will last 500 hits or more.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator

Got a few dozen in today (one of each is Dave's, three are mine):

2021-11-24 10.38.36.jpg

Let's GO!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• 2 months later...

Received these today (a dozen ProV1).  Tried them out on the Mevo+ on the E6 Connect app, about 30 shots.  The ball flight that is displaying seems the same compared to other balls.  This was in short indoor mode (9ft ball flight), imagine that could impact the numbers a little.  Also wonder if it might read any different on the FS app (looks like you can add the type of ball you’re using)?  I’ll have to try that out later this week.

That all said, I’m no expert on the numbers or what they should look like (beyond my typical carry distances, which are being accurately reflected).  Maybe I’ll log the numbers one of these days and share.

I am just curious whether this would work accurately with something like the Garmin R10.  If so, it would be an affordable alternative because a thousand dollars would be sufficient to get a hitting net, simulator, golf balls etc.

What's in the bag

• Taylor Made r5 dual Draw 9.5* (stiff)
  • Cobra Baffler 4H (stiff)
  • Taylor Made RAC OS 6-9,P,S (regular)
  • Golden Bear LD5.0 60* (regular)
  • Aidia Z-009 Putter
  • Inesis Soft 500 golf ball

• Administrator
2 hours ago, pganapathy said:

I am just curious whether this would work accurately with something like the Garmin R10.  If so, it would be an affordable alternative because a thousand dollars would be sufficient to get a hitting net, simulator, golf balls etc.

I've heard they've made improvements to that since the launch, but… it depends heavily on what you're asking. @ChetlovesMer didn't love his R10, but that was early.

The Mevo+ makes for a great home simulator/range/etc.

1 hour ago, iacas said:

I've heard they've made improvements to that since the launch, but… it depends heavily on what you're asking. @ChetlovesMer didn't love his R10, but that was early.

The Mevo+ makes for a great home simulator/range/etc.

I guess the idea is to see if you can get a 500 to 1000 dollar radar based simulator which works well with the RCT golf balls.  This would be a cheap alternative for home practice and a home simulator setup

What's in the bag

• Taylor Made r5 dual Draw 9.5* (stiff)
  • Cobra Baffler 4H (stiff)
  • Taylor Made RAC OS 6-9,P,S (regular)
  • Golden Bear LD5.0 60* (regular)
  • Aidia Z-009 Putter
  • Inesis Soft 500 golf ball

• Administrator

Well… you get what you pay for. Admittedly, the last 5% or even less of the performance isn't only 5% more cost, but… it's still generally true.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 1/25/2022 at 10:32 PM, Denny Bang Bang said:

Received these today (a dozen ProV1).  Tried them out on the Mevo+ on the E6 Connect app, about 30 shots.  The ball flight that is displaying seems the same compared to other balls.  This was in short indoor mode (9ft ball flight), imagine that could impact the numbers a little.  Also wonder if it might read any different on the FS app (looks like you can add the type of ball you’re using)?  I’ll have to try that out later this week.

That all said, I’m no expert on the numbers or what they should look like (beyond my typical carry distances, which are being accurately reflected).  Maybe I’ll log the numbers one of these days and share.

I can admit when I’m wrong…

After logging a half dozen shots each tonight with a ProV1 and ProV1 RCT, I was clearly not remembering the spin numbers very well yesterday.  There’s definitely more spin with the RCT.  All the other numbers were pretty similar.  This is with a 46 degree PW.

ProV1 avg.

Carry-132.3 Distance-139.5 Ball Spd-94.4 Launch Angle-22.7 Back Spin-6,403 Side Spin-787 Height-68 ft

ProV1 RCT avg.

Carry-132.4 Distance-139.6 Ball Spd-94.6 Launch Angle-23.0 Back Spin-7,580 Side Spin-870 Height-71 ft

9063CB49-C1E4-4A3C-BC48-994EEF459B8B.jpeg

Edited by Denny Bang Bang
add club used for test

• Administrator

It’s more about estimated spin and how often you see those numbers.

Yea, that’s what I meant by more spin (higher spin readings/calculations, not that the ball physically spins more).  To your second point, it consistently displayed more spin as well.  They seem to do what they designed them to do.  Now whether the spin numbers themselves seem accurate, I have no idea.

• 10 months later...

Dicks has RCT balls on sale for $50/dozen and if you order through the app you can get $20 off of $100 to make them even cheaper. App deal ends today.

Might be worth it if you have been hesitant to buy due to cost.

I just made my first purchase of these to go with my Mevo+ which is now approved or certified or whatever for RCT balls.

War Eagle!

• 10 months later...

Quick question about these - if I want to use them to hone in on my yardages and especially wedge distances and I use a pro v1x left dash, is the pro v1x RCT the better option or the pro v1 RCT? I would assume the v1x, but not sure.

• Administrator
7 hours ago, Ty_Webb said:

Quick question about these - if I want to use them to hone in on my yardages and especially wedge distances and I use a pro v1x left dash, is the pro v1x RCT the better option or the pro v1 RCT? I would assume the v1x, but not sure.

Yes. Closest to it.