IGNORED

Who's Your Pick for the Stanley Cup?

gogolfing
Note: This thread is 5809 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator
Yeah... I was checking the score while studying and went in to watch at the 3-3 mark... what a finish. Montreal and Calgary are going to blow their playoff bids. Ottawa is obviously already done... could be another tough year for Canada. I was really pulling for Calgary too... I think SJ will be tough for Detroit, but we'll see. Hopefully I'm wrong and Calgary can get it done. How many series are stuck at 3-2 now... it seems like a lot of teams are struggling to close the deal... the Stars had the Ducks in a choke hold, but not anymore. Well, back to studying and monitoring the Colorado score.

I turned it on at 3-2, and I think that was about the 8:00 mark in the third period. Within the next six minutes they'd scored four goals. Amazing.

Montreal just can't put the nail in Boston's coffin, and now Boston can do it to Montreal! Heck, it's 50/50 the Pens will play the Bruins now in the second round. I expect Montreal will rally themselves and figure it out, but the momentum is obviously on Boston's side.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

C'mon guys... throw out some good karma for my Habs

What a roller coaster last night. Can't blame Price for the goals; the only one he maybe should have had was Kessel's first, but it was a great shot. One heck of a series to this point, but I'm hoping that things aren't so close on Monday.

Need the Habs to put up a lead and keep it; the ticker can't handle another one like last night

Ping G 410 10.5 ˚ Driver Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 14.5˚ 3 Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 19˚ Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
i 500 irons 4-UW 1/2 inch over, blue dot, NS Pro Modus 105 Stiff Shafts
Ping Stealth Wedges Wedges  54˚ 58˚

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 34" 

Wings just scored from center ice shorthanded... Captain Nick Lindstrom fired it in and it took a huge hop into the top corner on Ellis. Wings lead 1-0.

My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

yeah baby, yeah!

Game 7's... so fun to watch if it's not your team. At least you could loosen up a bit after they jumped ahead right away. Montreal v. Detroit final would be great... old time hockey. Both teams have some work cut out for them though. I still don't undestand why people are already wtching baseball when playoff hockey is on, and don't even get me started about the NBA.

My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

I wanted BOS and PHI to win so then PHI would play @ NYR. But oh well, the Rangers are ready for anyone!!!

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

Go Habs! A couple of good game 7's tomorrow; the playoffs are great.

Ping G 410 10.5 ˚ Driver Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 14.5˚ 3 Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 19˚ Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
i 500 irons 4-UW 1/2 inch over, blue dot, NS Pro Modus 105 Stiff Shafts
Ping Stealth Wedges Wedges  54˚ 58˚

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 34" 

Well it's official, the Flyers are going to Montreal in the second round.

I'm with ya Bro....what a series huh? and Biron came up huge for the Flyers last night.........we miss Knuble though, hope he can come back in this series...he's huge for the PP.....

My conference semi-final predictions:

Pens over Rangers in 6
Habs over Flyers in 5

Avs over Wings in 7 (had to pick one upset)
Sharks over Stars in 6

Driver: Cobra S2 9.5 Fubuki 73 Stiff | Wood: Titleist 909H 17 Aldila Voodoo Stiff | Irons: Titleist ZB 3-5, ZM 6-PW DG S300 | Wedges: Titleist Vokey SMTC 50.08, 54.11, 60.04 DG S200 | Putter: Scotty Cameron Fastback 1.5 33" | Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

First you put that ugly avatar up there... now you take a shot at the Wings. You sir are a jerk.

Seriously though... Colorado doesn't have the firepower to take the Wings down. my picks... Wings over Avs in 6 Stars over Sharks in 6 Habs over Flyers in 6 Pens over Rangers in 7

Pens in 6 Flyers in 7 Avs in 6 Stars in 6 (with a very physical series, just like their last game of the season was)

Seriously though... Colorado doesn't have the firepower to take the Wings down.

You're probably right, but to me it seems the Wings go into mental lapses at times (see Nashville) which they can ill afford as competition gets stiffer. Agree on paper they have the edge.

Driver: Cobra S2 9.5 Fubuki 73 Stiff | Wood: Titleist 909H 17 Aldila Voodoo Stiff | Irons: Titleist ZB 3-5, ZM 6-PW DG S300 | Wedges: Titleist Vokey SMTC 50.08, 54.11, 60.04 DG S200 | Putter: Scotty Cameron Fastback 1.5 33" | Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

You're probably right, but to me it seems the Wings go into mental lapses at times (see Nashville) which they can ill afford as competition gets stiffer. Agree on paper they have the edge.

There were really only two teams that played near flawless first rounds though... Pens and Rangers... other than those teams everyone has had at least a small stumble. The Wings stubled against Carolina in their last cup and still won. No one gets through four rounds without a few mis-steps... it is how you respond to them that matters. Lookl at the Sharks... if anyone should be given doubt it is them... 7 games against Calgary? Anyway - just my 2 cents

Wings over Avs
Stars over Sharks
Flyers over Habs
Pens over Rangers

Stars over Dead Wings :)
Pens over Flyers

Pens over Stars

Sid the Kid skates with the Cup

PS. I'm not a Pens fan.

Driver- Geek Dot Com This! 12 degree Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 Stiff
Adams Tour Issue 4350 Dual Can Matrix Ozik Xcon 5

Hybrids- Srixon 18 deg
Srixon 21 deg Irons- Tourstage Z101 3-PW w/Nippon NS Pro 950 GH - Stiff Srixon i701 4-PW w/ Nippon NS Pro 950 GH-Stiff MacGregor...

So far so good for my Wings... two convincing wins over Colorado. Theodore looks pretty shaky. Now they just need to win one in Denver and finish them off back at the Joe, giving them plenty of time to rest for Dallas. Pens-Rangers series is going to be good... dive accusations regarding Sid... Avery will eventually shoot his mouth off. I wonder what SJ is going to do when they once again fail to reach the confrence finals? I think the 7 games against Calgary has them tired and Dallas is looking very strong.

Note: This thread is 5809 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!