IGNORED

How Often do You See a Ball Dispenser With Contactless Payment?

nevets88
Note: This thread is 870 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Curious what's out there around the world. It seems like it might be worth the investment as it'll free up staff to work on other things, like customer service. Feels natural to me now as that's how I pay at the supermarket, get into the subway, pay for commuter rail, etc...

mattyungolf_267211809_516572962664914_8246123328311195313_n.jpg

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Most of the ranges around me have contactless dispensers.

Some require that you have a pre-paid RFID key for the dispenser to have true contactless dispensing, otherwise you have to pay at pro shop to get a code to dispense balls.

Some utilize a pre-paid key, or have a credit card/phone payment device installed.

There is even one that automatically tees up the balls with some machine underneath the mat.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

50 minutes ago, Darkfrog said:

There is even one that automatically tees up the balls with some machine underneath the mat.

Now that is contactless! 

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

The only driving range I ever go to has contactless payment and ball dispensing. Range is open even when the shop is closed. However the owners live above the shop, so there is almost always someone around.

War Eagle!

I have a fob for the range I generally go to the most.  Purchase 100 buckets at discounted pricing and swipe the fob every time I grab a bucket.  I haven’t come across other ranges in the area with a similar set up, but I’m sure they exist.

Note: This thread is 870 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now